Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Putting Feet On Things
Hunni Bee 11:51 AM 03-02-2017
What is with this? Is it a sensory thing?

I have a dcg who has to put her feet on everything. The wall, furniture, toys, other people. She is pretty loose on physical boundaries anyway, but her feet are everywhere all the time. And this is a center so her shoes are always on = gross.

She's not the first kid I've seen do this, and it's not a huge deal, but I just wonder where the urge to put your feet on things comes from.
Indoorvoice 03:01 PM 03-02-2017
I don't know, but I have noticed this too! I'm always telling dck's to get their feet off my toys. They always want to be standing and rocking on toys and putting their feet under my rugs too.
momofsix 03:30 PM 03-02-2017
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
I don't know, but I have noticed this too! I'm always telling dck's to get their feet off my toys. They always want to be standing and rocking on toys and putting their feet under my rugs too.
The feet under the rugs really irritates me for some reason!
Pestle 07:08 PM 03-02-2017
They always want to be standing and rocking on toys
Do you have a balance board to send them to when they do this? Maybe an enforced session on the board every time would help.
Indoorvoice 06:22 AM 03-03-2017
Originally Posted by Pestle:
Do you have a balance board to send them to when they do this? Maybe an enforced session on the board every time would help.
Yes I do have climbing blocks set up specifically for standing on and a rocking boat they are allowed to stand on which I redirect them to, but they much prefer my baskets, books, or pretty much any toy not made for standing haha
daycarediva 09:44 AM 03-03-2017
Yes I do have climbing blocks set up specifically for standing on and a rocking boat they are allowed to stand on which I redirect them to, but they much prefer my baskets, books, or pretty much any toy not made for standing haha
Mine too. Now my tallest kids have figured out that their feet can reach other chairs under the table. It annoys the daylights out of the other kids. "GET YOUR NASTY FOOT OFF MY CHAIR RIGHT NOW L OR SO HELP ME GOD" was ACTUALLY said today.
Reply Up