Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Funshine Express- use Buttercups or Fireflies??
kpa0627 07:00 AM 06-09-2010
I want to order funshine express but don't know if I should purchase the buttercup or fireflies packs for some of my ages.
*9 month old (Buttercup)
*2 19 month olds (Buttercup)
*3 year old (Fireflies)
But, I also have a 26 month old and 2 1/2 year old.... should I use buttercup or fireflies.... I know it says fireflies is 2-5 year olds but in your opinions is it really made for early twos or would it be best to use Buttercups for them or will Buttercup be too easy?
originalkat 07:10 AM 06-09-2010
I have not used Buttercups, but in my opinion the Fireflies is only appropriate for 3 and up. Otherwise you will end up doing the projects for them which is pointless. Also, you could "beef up" the Buttercup themes for the 3 year old to make it more age appropriate. FOr example, look at the correlating Fireflies theme fot that month and check out books from the library from the online booklist. This in itself will add so much to the theme for all the kids(especially the older ones).
DCMom 11:52 AM 06-11-2010
I have used Funshine for years and years. In previous years, I didn't start 'preschool' until they reached 3 and used Fireflies; they need a little assistance but for the most part they do well.

This past year I had a group of 4 kids that were all within one week of each other (2.5 years) and LOVED doing 'school' with the 3/4's , so I ordered Buttercups for them and Fireflies for the older kids. They did really well and had such a feeling of accomplishment.

I would recommend Buttercups.
Greenshadow 03:45 PM 06-11-2010
I just ordered the sample and it said that Buttercup was for 1-3 years old. So I ordered that one. The Fireflies one was for older children.
kpa0627 04:10 PM 06-11-2010
The website says buttercups is 9 months-24 months and fireflies is 2-5 year olds.
kpa0627 04:11 PM 06-11-2010
oh i just checked the website and i guess they've changed it. butter cups is for 6 months-3 years and fireflies is 3 to 5 year olds. now i know which one to order :-)
TGT09 05:30 PM 06-11-2010
Originally Posted by originalkat:
I have not used Buttercups, but in my opinion the Fireflies is only appropriate for 3 and up. Otherwise you will end up doing the projects for them which is pointless. Also, you could "beef up" the Buttercup themes for the 3 year old to make it more age appropriate. FOr example, look at the correlating Fireflies theme fot that month and check out books from the library from the online booklist. This in itself will add so much to the theme for all the kids(especially the older ones).
This is exactly what I was going to say. :-)
Tags:butter cups, fireflies, funshine express
Reply Up