Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Swing Sets?
butterfly 10:34 AM 05-08-2014
Does anyone know how long a typical wooden playset is going to last? Would you recommend a metal swing set over a wooden one?

I'm on the fence as to whether I want another swing set, but if I do purchase one, I want it to last until I retire.
CtheLove 11:04 AM 05-08-2014
I belive, in my experience that wooden ones last longer. The metal ones rust too quickly and even though they still might be ok to use it just looks really bad. And it also seems that over time they start to slip out of the concrete for prolong use. I have never seen a wooden one do that.
Play Care 11:25 AM 05-08-2014
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my wood Rainbow play set!!! It was more expensive but we needed them to put it together (as neither DH or I are handy) but it's been almost 9 years and it still looks good (DH sands and stains it every other year) and feels solid. I know some do not like the play sets but it's one of the best used pieces of equipment I have.
melilley 11:41 AM 05-08-2014
We have a wood playset...it was my dh's and sil's when they were younger! We've only had to replace a couple of beams, but other than that, it's still in good condition! Plus, like pp said, you can sand, repaint/stain them over and over to keep it looking good.
spinnymarie 12:09 PM 05-08-2014
My parents still have our wooden swing set from when I was a kid
Reply Up