Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Awareness and Need Support!
Product of a Daycare 11:10 AM 12-22-2015
I'm new here, and I must say that I am NOT a Provider but, I am very close to someone who is who is having a rough time and am trying to find her support and answers.

I also am aware that this thread isn't where it should be but then, where it should be-isn't allowing me to post there-probably because I just registered and don't have the permission to post in 'members only' yet?

This person and I are best friends & I've known her for many-many years. She is the sweetest, most amazing person who would take the shoes from her feet so that someone who is without, can have. Her heart is huge and I try to learn of her, not because I myself don't share her compassion for others but, her patience is long, an attribute that I'm sorry to say that I don't have much of! She is the kind of person that in the event that there's an argument, she leaves,, it's not in her to argue or fight. What she knows is kindness and love and my God, I've never known someone to have this..and that's what makes this so hard,,the following issues she's having..

She's been having a rough time with those investigators-you know, the people who used to do what you all did, then decided they couldn't handle it and went out and took a 5 hour course so that they can run around and "police" the rest of you.. I was raised in a daycare and remember how my mom used to get all nervous when they came. She always did what she was supposed to, but she was ignorant of the fact that those people weren't her boss-they were just people there to help you do what you need to do and that you understand how to do it.

"People to help you," but, two years ago my mother's licensed was stripped away because of the Child Care Council's deliberate ignorance to properly handle the situation that my poor mom was in-and instead of helping her, they hounded her, came daily and intimidated her, making her feel like a criminal in her how business, in her own home! My poor mom, I cried seeing her broken for those months-she didn't deserve that. And the investigators in charge, they were made to look like fools by my mother's attorney,,sweet revenge.. My mother is back in full swing running her business and she no longer lets these people intimidate her because she no longer is ignorant and understands that these people are nothing but bullies-and that if you stand up for yourself, as long as the children are safe-that those people who abuse their power-will have no power unto you. But if you let them, then they will come down on you harder and harder, abusing their power to destroy your confidence till you crush under the pressure and give in. But don't give in, fight!

My mother obviously knows my friend. She used to come over to our house when we were kids for dinner and late night talks..It was my mother who told my friend that she would be perfect to do daycare! My friend never thought of doing it-and here she is now, she became licensed and been a daycare provider for almost 2 years now!

A few months ago, an investigator started coming over and being very bossy with my friend. She would speak down to my friend time after time till one day, my friend had enough. She stood up for herself and asked the woman to not speak to her like that in front of the day care children-not to speak to her that way at all! When she told me she did that, I was so proud of her! Standing up for herself isn't one of her strong points, so when she did, I was just so happy for her!

The inspector seemed to back off a little. Meanwhile, my friend took on 3 new clients, the mother of these children told her the ages were 8 months for the twins, and 2 years old for the oldest. Turns out, the oldest was just under two years of age-my friend's kindness can be her weakness at times,,most of you know-especially those of you who live in the city-that there's parents out there who like to take advantage of you-dropping of early, picking up late..and in this case, the mother told her the oldest was 2-knowing that he and his twin brothers (or sisters?) would be a problem because my friend found out through welfare, that the last daycare had that problem!! In NYS, you can't have over 2 children under the age of 2 years of age and this mother knew that.. My friend immediately called her registrar and told her the situation, and the registrar told her to do a "Waiver" and explain how this child will be two in a month and that he's advanced with his mobile skills-able to walk, talk and understand orders. The registrar failed to tell my friend that she COULD NOT care for that child for the time being and instead-called an instigator to inform that investigator that my friend was over capacity! That in it'self was a sabotage. how come the Registrar didn't inform my friend that she should have told the mom that she couldn't watch them? The mother has to work however and needs child care-this is what my friend took into consideration and didn't know that she was out of line for continuing care. But, instead of telling her not to watch, she led her to believe to watch them till the waiver so, this was obviously a set up..

So the investigator came over, my friend let her in and explained the situation but, the investigator wouldn't hear a thing but smiled as she was more than willing to write the violation as if she was enjoying taking revenge for making a complaint against her. and got up and left-only to come back the next day, the day after that and the day after that..

This investigator spoke to one of the day care kids and asked the child if she ate and if she felt safe at this daycare!!!! As my user name suggests, I was raised in a daycare and I KNOW that isn't legal! That investigator had no right or reason to speak to the children,,the children at this daycare are happy-as well as the parents that bring their children to this place.

My mother and an Attorney told my friend to write letters to the CEO of the Child Care Council, to write to anyone who would listen and stop this madness!! I mean, the woman who investigated, once was pounding on the door screaming, meanwhile my friend was changing poopy diapers!! And when she answered the door the woman pushed open the door screaming that she was out there waiting for 5 minutes when it was like 3 minutes,, and wouldn't listen to my friend who said she was in the middle of changing diapers and that she didn't care if President Obama was out there knocking-that he would wait till she was done because the children come first!!

So the investigator turned this into my friend trying to stall opening the door. I'm like, why would you stall? To put away the guns? Put the drugs away? My God, you have twin babies, 3 toddlers-what do these people want? And these people used to be Providers? You wouldn't think they were, because you would think that they would remember how it was and that they became "investigators" to help-not to intimidate, stress out and try destroy reputations...

My friend wrote letters-asked me to help, she was at my house till 330 am in the morning as we searched people to write and wrote them detailed letters at how she's being harassed.

Now, it's worse than ever. Because of those letters, the investigators come in two-which is good on one hand because those letters made the council to be more careful and send two so that they would be careful to now over step their position-but it's very obvious that they are all friends and upset that one of their own are in hot water over her behavior and so now, they're putting pressure on my friend-worse than ever!

My friend now uses her video camera/phone to record these people in her house to protect herself. We also contacted the same lawyer who defended my mother who in fact, destroyed the credit of one person who is involved in my friends situation which is almost comical, because my poor mom, she got so much satisfaction watching her lawyer destroy this "investigators' credibility and her actions in the case of my mother! So my mom loves to reiterate to my friend what a no body this investigator is..

I have the utmost respect for what you people do. My mother provided the best care to me while growing up and this work is very hard that you do. It's not something just anyone can do, it takes a patient person, a special person to do such work.

I don't have all the answers and I need to know if Investigators are allowed to speak to your daycare children. My mom says "they're not supposed to," but that doesn't mean they can't. Because my friend wrote in her letter that the one investigator interrogated a 4 year old child-the investigators now make it a habit to speak to the children and asked for their names and ages. My friend has nothing to hide but this doesn't seem right. She even lost a client due to these investigators presence and telling the parent that my friend was over capacity-when she wasn't!!! What the hell is wrong with these people???

Isn't it clear here that these people are taking their positions way to serious? I mean, sure they have a responsibility but maybe I'm crazy but, I think NYS needs to only hire people who have been properly trained-perhaps only people with an education in the investigative field-not just Provider Rejects who couldn't do the child care part-so they're now trying to act like the police of child care. It's completely absurd how they're acting..

Now my friend has to consider moving forward with her Attorney. Attorney's aren't cheap, she has two children of her own to care for, buying a new house that closes soon-so she's trying to find ways outside of this but the problem seems that every single person to speak to, that they all work in the same building and therefor are friendly with each other. Isn't this wrong? Shouldn't someone be "policing" the wanna be day care police?

I find it peculiar that woman once were Providers have the audacity to bully you people in your own homes. I do know this, that no matter how nervous they make you-that you should not allow them to speak to you in any demeaning manor and that you demand they to respect you. Although in my friends case, her standing up for herself created a monster-but that's only because these investigators think that my friend is some kind of white trash idiot who's not going to cause them problems-but they are sooo wrong. I'm gonna see to it that these women lose their jobs and I really hope that someone get's behind this because eventually, it will be NYS who get's sued because they're the one's who are allowing this to go on since they are well aware of who's doing what since my friend made them aware of the harassment being done by these people. I know she doesn't want to do that, she just wants to run her business in peace but, are leaving her no choice.

Those videos that are now being recorded are going to be used and placed in You Tube. These people already are behaving on the videos but, staking out in front of my friends house for 2 hours, like they have nothing better to do? It's completely insane and unnecessary. In fact, if I drive by and see them doing that again, I'm going to stop, get out of my car and record them and interrogate them myself,, and shame them for what they're doing and that will be on You Tube as well. This is going to stop, and I wanted all of you to know what's going on because if it can happen to my own mother, and now my best friend-knowing that these are the most wonderful people I know-then it can certainly happen to any of you-no matter which County or State you reside in, it can happen to you!

I hope this thread isn't deleted because I'm aware it's not placed in the right place-but I couldn't put it where I know it should have gone and this is so serious that I think it needs to be read and that Providers need to know what's going on with their peers in order to protect themselves.

I see myself as a good friend, I'm very loyal and protective to the people I care about. In my mother's case, I was at her house every day when these people did what they did to her. Seeing her broken like that hurt me in way's I couldn't possibly begin to explain how that made me feel-but was nothing compared to what my mom was feeling. I'll be damned if I let this happen to another person I care about. The Child Care Council of New York should be ashamed of themselves and in the end, I have no doubt that if this go badly for my friend, that the end result is that the Child Care Council will either be dismantled or, that the people who are now running it will be replaced. Because I'll quite my job and I will make it my life's work to take them down and see to it that they all lose their titles and not work in this field again till they are properly educated-and by that, I don't mean a few hour courses-but I will change how people are allowed to work in this field. In fact, this is the beginning to all of that. Even if they let off my friend, I feel it's already gone too far to let go and so, I need support.

I need you Providers to come together and offer your support to my friend. My friend doesn't share the same passion as I do-not because she doesn't believe but because she feels alone in this. I believe that people can come together to make a difference. I believe that what you Providers provide is some of the most important work there is and because of my mom, and the work she's done to provide to me, that I respect what you do more than anyone else! It's hard work, and the people who Govern you should respect you for it, not police you, shun you, insult you, intimidate you, stress you, make you feel incapable, make you feel like criminals, like you're incompetent, etc, etc, etc!! They should give you all medals and awards for the hours of hard work you do!

Please come together, please support this cause and my friend. I will share with her what I've done here and what you advice or your experiences shared. It's important that you take this serious-it's not just because she's my friend, but it's because she does what you do and that if this can happen to her, that it can happen to any of you. And the only way it's going to stop-is that if you all come together.

Thank you for your time. Thank you for what you do in our communities. You are all awesome people for what you do and you should all be proud of what you do. Never let anyone make you feel less than, never let anyone make you feel like you're doing something wrong. No one knows everything and so, we can always learn more things. But if people are abusing their jobs and are not helping you but instead, helping themselves to abuse their authority then don't let it continue, FIGHT. And if you are all together with the same voices your voices will be loud and clear and these people will think twice before taking advantage of their positions, they will lose their confidence to abuse their authority, and be more careful before they step into another daycare and bully any one of you..

Thank you, thank you, thank you...
Blackcat31 11:23 AM 12-22-2015
Originally Posted by Product of a Daycare:
I'm new here, and I must say that I am NOT a Provider but, I am very close to someone who is who is having a rough time and am trying to find her support and answers.

I also am aware that this thread isn't where it should be but then, where it should be-isn't allowing me to post there-probably because I just registered and don't have the permission to post in 'members only' yet?

This person and I are best friends & I've known her for many-many years. She is the sweetest, most amazing person who would take the shoes from her feet so that someone who is without, can have. Her heart is huge and I try to learn of her, not because I myself don't share her compassion for others but, her patience is long, an attribute that I'm sorry to say that I don't have much of! She is the kind of person that in the event that there's an argument, she leaves,, it's not in her to argue or fight. What she knows is kindness and love and my God, I've never known someone to have this..and that's what makes this so hard,,the following issues she's having..

She's been having a rough time with those investigators-you know, the people who used to do what you all did, then decided they couldn't handle it and went out and took a 5 hour course so that they can run around and "police" the rest of you.. I was raised in a daycare and remember how my mom used to get all nervous when they came. She always did what she was supposed to, but she was ignorant of the fact that those people weren't her boss-they were just people there to help you do what you need to do and that you understand how to do it.

"People to help you," but, two years ago my mother's licensed was stripped away because of the Child Care Council's deliberate ignorance to properly handle the situation that my poor mom was in-and instead of helping her, they hounded her, came daily and intimidated her, making her feel like a criminal in her how business, in her own home! My poor mom, I cried seeing her broken for those months-she didn't deserve that. And the investigators in charge, they were made to look like fools by my mother's attorney,,sweet revenge.. My mother is back in full swing running her business and she no longer lets these people intimidate her because she no longer is ignorant and understands that these people are nothing but bullies-and that if you stand up for yourself, as long as the children are safe-that those people who abuse their power-will have no power unto you. But if you let them, then they will come down on you harder and harder, abusing their power to destroy your confidence till you crush under the pressure and give in. But don't give in, fight!

My mother obviously knows my friend. She used to come over to our house when we were kids for dinner and late night talks..It was my mother who told my friend that she would be perfect to do daycare! My friend never thought of doing it-and here she is now, she became licensed and been a daycare provider for almost 2 years now!

A few months ago, an investigator started coming over and being very bossy with my friend. She would speak down to my friend time after time till one day, my friend had enough. She stood up for herself and asked the woman to not speak to her like that in front of the day care children-not to speak to her that way at all! When she told me she did that, I was so proud of her! Standing up for herself isn't one of her strong points, so when she did, I was just so happy for her!

The inspector seemed to back off a little. Meanwhile, my friend took on 3 new clients, the mother of these children told her the ages were 8 months for the twins, and 2 years old for the oldest. Turns out, the oldest was just under two years of age-my friend's kindness can be her weakness at times,,most of you know-especially those of you who live in the city-that there's parents out there who like to take advantage of you-dropping of early, picking up late..and in this case, the mother told her the oldest was 2-knowing that he and his twin brothers (or sisters?) would be a problem because my friend found out through welfare, that the last daycare had that problem!! In NYS, you can't have over 2 children under the age of 2 years of age and this mother knew that.. My friend immediately called her registrar and told her the situation, and the registrar told her to do a "Waiver" and explain how this child will be two in a month and that he's advanced with his mobile skills-able to walk, talk and understand orders. The registrar failed to tell my friend that she COULD NOT care for that child for the time being and instead-called an instigator to inform that investigator that my friend was over capacity! That in it'self was a sabotage. how come the Registrar didn't inform my friend that she should have told the mom that she couldn't watch them? The mother has to work however and needs child care-this is what my friend took into consideration and didn't know that she was out of line for continuing care. But, instead of telling her not to watch, she led her to believe to watch them till the waiver so, this was obviously a set up..

So the investigator came over, my friend let her in and explained the situation but, the investigator wouldn't hear a thing but smiled as she was more than willing to write the violation as if she was enjoying taking revenge for making a complaint against her. and got up and left-only to come back the next day, the day after that and the day after that..

This investigator spoke to one of the day care kids and asked the child if she ate and if she felt safe at this daycare!!!! As my user name suggests, I was raised in a daycare and I KNOW that isn't legal! That investigator had no right or reason to speak to the children,,the children at this daycare are happy-as well as the parents that bring their children to this place.

My mother and an Attorney told my friend to write letters to the CEO of the Child Care Council, to write to anyone who would listen and stop this madness!! I mean, the woman who investigated, once was pounding on the door screaming, meanwhile my friend was changing poopy diapers!! And when she answered the door the woman pushed open the door screaming that she was out there waiting for 5 minutes when it was like 3 minutes,, and wouldn't listen to my friend who said she was in the middle of changing diapers and that she didn't care if President Obama was out there knocking-that he would wait till she was done because the children come first!!

So the investigator turned this into my friend trying to stall opening the door. I'm like, why would you stall? To put away the guns? Put the drugs away? My God, you have twin babies, 3 toddlers-what do these people want? And these people used to be Providers? You wouldn't think they were, because you would think that they would remember how it was and that they became "investigators" to help-not to intimidate, stress out and try destroy reputations...

My friend wrote letters-asked me to help, she was at my house till 330 am in the morning as we searched people to write and wrote them detailed letters at how she's being harassed.

Now, it's worse than ever. Because of those letters, the investigators come in two-which is good on one hand because those letters made the council to be more careful and send two so that they would be careful to now over step their position-but it's very obvious that they are all friends and upset that one of their own are in hot water over her behavior and so now, they're putting pressure on my friend-worse than ever!

My friend now uses her video camera/phone to record these people in her house to protect herself. We also contacted the same lawyer who defended my mother who in fact, destroyed the credit of one person who is involved in my friends situation which is almost comical, because my poor mom, she got so much satisfaction watching her lawyer destroy this "investigators' credibility and her actions in the case of my mother! So my mom loves to reiterate to my friend what a no body this investigator is..

I have the utmost respect for what you people do. My mother provided the best care to me while growing up and this work is very hard that you do. It's not something just anyone can do, it takes a patient person, a special person to do such work.

I don't have all the answers and I need to know if Investigators are allowed to speak to your daycare children. My mom says "they're not supposed to," but that doesn't mean they can't. Because my friend wrote in her letter that the one investigator interrogated a 4 year old child-the investigators now make it a habit to speak to the children and asked for their names and ages. My friend has nothing to hide but this doesn't seem right. She even lost a client due to these investigators presence and telling the parent that my friend was over capacity-when she wasn't!!! What the hell is wrong with these people???

Isn't it clear here that these people are taking their positions way to serious? I mean, sure they have a responsibility but maybe I'm crazy but, I think NYS needs to only hire people who have been properly trained-perhaps only people with an education in the investigative field-not just Provider Rejects who couldn't do the child care part-so they're now trying to act like the police of child care. It's completely absurd how they're acting..

Now my friend has to consider moving forward with her Attorney. Attorney's aren't cheap, she has two children of her own to care for, buying a new house that closes soon-so she's trying to find ways outside of this but the problem seems that every single person to speak to, that they all work in the same building and therefor are friendly with each other. Isn't this wrong? Shouldn't someone be "policing" the wanna be day care police?

I find it peculiar that woman once were Providers have the audacity to bully you people in your own homes. I do know this, that no matter how nervous they make you-that you should not allow them to speak to you in any demeaning manor and that you demand they to respect you. Although in my friends case, her standing up for herself created a monster-but that's only because these investigators think that my friend is some kind of white trash idiot who's not going to cause them problems-but they are sooo wrong. I'm gonna see to it that these women lose their jobs and I really hope that someone get's behind this because eventually, it will be NYS who get's sued because they're the one's who are allowing this to go on since they are well aware of who's doing what since my friend made them aware of the harassment being done by these people. I know she doesn't want to do that, she just wants to run her business in peace but, are leaving her no choice.

Those videos that are now being recorded are going to be used and placed in You Tube. These people already are behaving on the videos but, staking out in front of my friends house for 2 hours, like they have nothing better to do? It's completely insane and unnecessary. In fact, if I drive by and see them doing that again, I'm going to stop, get out of my car and record them and interrogate them myself,, and shame them for what they're doing and that will be on You Tube as well. This is going to stop, and I wanted all of you to know what's going on because if it can happen to my own mother, and now my best friend-knowing that these are the most wonderful people I know-then it can certainly happen to any of you-no matter which County or State you reside in, it can happen to you!

I hope this thread isn't deleted because I'm aware it's not placed in the right place-but I couldn't put it where I know it should have gone and this is so serious that I think it needs to be read and that Providers need to know what's going on with their peers in order to protect themselves.

I see myself as a good friend, I'm very loyal and protective to the people I care about. In my mother's case, I was at her house every day when these people did what they did to her. Seeing her broken like that hurt me in way's I couldn't possibly begin to explain how that made me feel-but was nothing compared to what my mom was feeling. I'll be damned if I let this happen to another person I care about. The Child Care Council of New York should be ashamed of themselves and in the end, I have no doubt that if this go badly for my friend, that the end result is that the Child Care Council will either be dismantled or, that the people who are now running it will be replaced. Because I'll quite my job and I will make it my life's work to take them down and see to it that they all lose their titles and not work in this field again till they are properly educated-and by that, I don't mean a few hour courses-but I will change how people are allowed to work in this field. In fact, this is the beginning to all of that. Even if they let off my friend, I feel it's already gone too far to let go and so, I need support.

I need you Providers to come together and offer your support to my friend. My friend doesn't share the same passion as I do-not because she doesn't believe but because she feels alone in this. I believe that people can come together to make a difference. I believe that what you Providers provide is some of the most important work there is and because of my mom, and the work she's done to provide to me, that I respect what you do more than anyone else! It's hard work, and the people who Govern you should respect you for it, not police you, shun you, insult you, intimidate you, stress you, make you feel incapable, make you feel like criminals, like you're incompetent, etc, etc, etc!! They should give you all medals and awards for the hours of hard work you do!

Please come together, please support this cause and my friend. I will share with her what I've done here and what you advice or your experiences shared. It's important that you take this serious-it's not just because she's my friend, but it's because she does what you do and that if this can happen to her, that it can happen to any of you. And the only way it's going to stop-is that if you all come together.

Thank you for your time. Thank you for what you do in our communities. You are all awesome people for what you do and you should all be proud of what you do. Never let anyone make you feel less than, never let anyone make you feel like you're doing something wrong. No one knows everything and so, we can always learn more things. But if people are abusing their jobs and are not helping you but instead, helping themselves to abuse their authority then don't let it continue, FIGHT. And if you are all together with the same voices your voices will be loud and clear and these people will think twice before taking advantage of their positions, they will lose their confidence to abuse their authority, and be more careful before they step into another daycare and bully any one of you..

Thank you, thank you, thank you...
What state/area is this in?

I'll have to go back and re-read your post before offering any advice or input..... That's alot of info and quite a story/situation....so I am not sure what exactly it is you are asking or looking for other than support for a friend but I am seeing alot of missing info, second hand info and some things that don't look so good for your friend... but like I said, I'll re-read again....
Thriftylady 11:31 AM 12-22-2015
I kind of agree with BC on this one. It doesn't look so good for your friend. Most of the time, as providers it is upon us to know the written regulations and make sure we comply. Now I know there are some licensing agents who will sometimes say "the regulation is this" but when you ask them to show it to you in writing they can't. But if it is in writing, we have to comply. Now in most areas, I can't see them coming over and over again, because there are just not enough of them to do that, in order for that to happen it would have to be pretty serious and I am still not sure they would have the manpower (or womanpower as it may be) to do that. So I have to say that sounds a little off to me.
Nisaryn 12:46 AM 12-31-2015
I'm guessing there might be more going on then you realize since you're not a part of her daycare, you don't work there nor do you have children attending (as far as I could tell). The licensors (investigators?) would not be coming so often just because she made them 'upset', they must have a legitimate reason. There isn't enough of them to waste over something like this. Also, I'm pretty sure they can speak to the children if they have parental permission or if they are there to investigate some type of abuse (regardless of whether or not it happened at the daycare). The only thing I can say is that she might want to re-read the day-care home licensing rules and make sure she is in ratio and stays in ratio. Good luck!
Tags:bullying, harassment, inspectors, violations
Reply Up