Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Child Care Provider

Smile The Two Bite Club from MyPyramid.gov

I just sat down to read the book I got FREE from www.MyPyramid.gov for child care. It's called the Two Bite Club and it is very easy to understand for preschoolers. (39 pages with activities at the end of the book and "Two Bite Club Member Certificate...but it is literally on the last page of the reading so I would photocopy it instead of tearing it out!) Most pages have about 3-5 sentences so it's not too short, but only takes a few minutes to read it too.

It goes through all the food groups. It's a family of cats and the little girl says she will not like any new foods and ends up liking all of them. This will definitely be a great book to read for nutrition week and for all those picky eaters like me! You can order up to 6 copies from the website and they deliver for free. I'm tempted to order 6, since I only ordered 1 to see what it was like, and keep them for when I have a nutrition week and send them home as "gifts" to the families I have at the time. Do you think it might make a good Christmas gift or should I do it for nutrition week as a nice gesture?

1. Click on Link.
2. Click on "Online Ordering" tab along top center of page.
3. Click on "Child Care" and scroll down to type in quantity for the Two Bite Club.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:11 AM
Daycare.com Member

That sounds neat! I'd do it for nutrition week.

Bummer, looks like I can't get it.
Quote:
Team Nutrition print materials are available only to schools and child care facilities that participate in the Federal Child Nutrition Programs.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:12 AM
Daycare.com Member

I'm in Canada so I can't get it either, but I did download the pdf. Then I can read it to the kids and print off the certificates.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:03 AM
Daycare.com Member

Thanks, I ordered a bunch of things. Hopefully they will come in the mail! My preschoolers would definitely benefit from some nutrition guidance.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:56 AM
Daycare.com Member

I ordered a bunch of things too. This will be perfect for spring break if the stuff gets here in time, otherwise we will have things to keep us busy this summer.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
That sounds neat! I'd do it for nutrition week.

Bummer, looks like I can't get it.
That's odd, I'm not on the food program and I can get it. I ordered extras so that I give a copy to the kids so I'll mail you one when I get it. Just remind me.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:39 AM
Where Children Grow

Very cool! Thanks for posting! I got a bunch of stuff! Can't wait to get it!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
That's odd, I'm not on the food program and I can get it. I ordered extras so that I give a copy to the kids so I'll mail you one when I get it. Just remind me.
Thanks for the offer. I tried ignoring that about the food program and ordered some. They didn't ask for anything verifying I was or wasn't on the food program and the order went through.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:24 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Thanks for the info. I ordered it and I'm not on the food program. I guess I'll see if I actually get it or not.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:25 AM
Little People

I ordered it too, and I am not on the food program.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:30 AM

I just ordered quite a few things!! Thanks for the link!!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Little People

I am so excited!! I got all my stuff today!! There is so much great stuff here!! My DCK's will be learning alot and alot of things for them to do!!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Daycare.com Member

I ordered mine the other day too! I'm so excited to get it... hope it comes soon!!

Thanks for the link!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:56 PM

Thanks Abigail. I can't wait fo my shipment to arrive.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:45 PM
LindaMJ

Default Two Bite Club

Thanks, Abigail, I just ordered 6 for my child care, everything went thru fine.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Child Care Provider

I hope everyone enjoys it. I wish I had a food pyramid poster that wasn't folded. I got one of those also from the site, but I'm too OCD so I think I will go to our local home-schooling store and buy a nice flat one. ha ha.

Tags
book, eating, food pyramid, free, healthy, meals, preschool, reading