Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Inexpensive Advertising Products?
PitterPatter 06:33 PM 06-30-2011
I already use Vista print for my business cards, notepads, banner and signs. I wanted to try handing out some pens or magnets etc. There has to be a better discounted company out there for these so if anyone here knows of one or uses someone else, could u please share with me? Thanks!!
daycare 06:35 PM 06-30-2011
How about oriental trading company
I have never bought them but I see them in their magazine all the time
GotKids 07:05 PM 06-30-2011
Buy a bunch of glow sticks or necklaces from the dollar store. Attach your business card to them and hand them out on the 4th of July to kids in your target age group. You can do similar things around halloween. It works.
Sugar Magnolia 09:41 AM 07-01-2011
Maybe too expensive, but what about T shirts?? Give them to the kids you have and hope they wear them to parks, grocery stores, parties, the mall....
I have been kicking the idea around, there's a place @ our local flea market that screen prints for like $7 a shirt. They would last a long time. I was thinking of making one for myself and wearing it to parks, parades, etc.
newtodaycare22 10:22 AM 07-01-2011
I got this idea from someone else and loved it...

Have a few extra books laying around? I took some of my extra books and glued a paper in the front inside cover: THIS BOOK WAS DONATED BY______________ CHILD CARE. WWW.________________________"

I took a few to local pediatricians (for their waiting rooms) and got a few calls from them.
Sugar Magnolia 11:40 AM 07-01-2011
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:

Have a few extra books laying around? I took some of my extra books and glued a paper in the front inside cover: THIS BOOK WAS DONATED BY______________ CHILD CARE. WWW.________________________"

I took a few to local pediatricians (for their waiting rooms) and got a few calls from them.
BRILLIANT!!!!WOW!!!! I'm so using that idea!!!!

I have posted the idea before about free publicity here before, but worth repeating: Make cards for nursing homes, have a charity fundraising event like "trike a thon", make a poster for your local VFW post for Memorial Day, Veterans Day. Take pictures of the kids participating and send to your local paper. If it has a "community interest" slant, they will publish....I've done this 3 times! Works!
PitterPatter 11:43 AM 07-01-2011

That is an awesome idea!! They are all great ideas but that is kinda sneaky yet it benefits the kids in the waiting room as well, I love it!!

Thanks for all the ideas everyone!
familyschoolcare 11:52 AM 07-01-2011

I think I will do this one have quiet a few medicail/dential children office with in walking distance of my house have been trying to think about how to advertise with them.
TBird 12:11 PM 07-01-2011

UM GENIUS!!!
daycare 01:48 PM 07-01-2011
One of the things I did last year was adopt a flower bed in my city. In the main street we have several flower bed areas. My DCKs and I went and planted all kinds of flowers. We change them every 4 months. Then we get to out a sign up in the flower bed that says these flowers are planted and kept by *** DC, along with my phone and website. We get it every other year

Also look into baseball team sponsors, you always get a banner ad that hangs through out the season as well as a plaque.
I get to keep both after the season is over.
Abigail 05:01 PM 07-01-2011
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
BRILLIANT!!!!WOW!!!! I'm so using that idea!!!!

I have posted the idea before about free publicity here before, but worth repeating: Make cards for nursing homes, have a charity fundraising event like "trike a thon", make a poster for your local VFW post for Memorial Day, Veterans Day. Take pictures of the kids participating and send to your local paper. If it has a "community interest" slant, they will publish....I've done this 3 times! Works!
I still think these are very creative and wonderful. I want to share them with all my friends, yet want to get the marketing technique done first. LOL
Tags:advertising ideas, business cards, vistaprint
Reply Up