Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Calling all Southern California Providers!
Michelle 05:47 PM 04-24-2012
Our wonderful and generous Michael is going to treat us to a brunch on the Queen Mary. We are planning for it to be on Sat. May 26 at 11 a.m.
R.S.V.P on this thread or you can p.m. me or Marinavanessa if you would like to come.
We have promised to behave ourselves but promises are made to be broken!

Meeko 07:52 AM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by Michelle:
Our wonderful and generous Michael is going to treat us to a brunch on the Queen Mary. We are planning for it to be on Sat. May 26 at 11 a.m.
R.S.V.P on this thread or you can p.m. me or Marinavanessa if you would like to come.
We have promised to behave ourselves but promises are made to be broken!
Well dang it...I am going to be in CA the weekend before that!!!!!!
cherryhill 08:26 AM 04-25-2012
I would like to come.
Michelle 08:29 AM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by cherryhill:
I would like to come.
We would LOVE for you to come!
I will pm you with the exact specifics
Meeko 08:48 AM 04-25-2012
Of course photos will be mandatory........left-overs must be mailed to Utah......
sharlan 08:49 AM 04-25-2012
I would love to come.
Michelle 08:52 AM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I would love to come.
Definitely have you on the list!

Michelle 08:53 AM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Of course photos will be mandatory........left-overs must be mailed to Utah......
I wish you could come, that would be so much fun!
godiva83 09:01 AM 04-25-2012
That is awesome
Have a blast and yes pictures are mandatory!

Man what a forum we have here, perhaps a good book in the making lol
Christian Mother 12:55 PM 04-25-2012
Can you add AZ to the list also...
Country Kids 12:59 PM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by godiva83:
That is awesome
Have a blast and yes pictures are mandatory!

Man what a forum we have here, perhaps a good book in the making lol
Book and movie! Michael think you can get us a movie deal? Should we play ourselves? If not I get Sandra Bullock for me! Called it, so she's mine-
Breezy 01:50 PM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Book and movie! Michael think you can get us a movie deal? Should we play ourselves? If not I get Sandra Bullock for me! Called it, so she's mine-
Everyone says I look like Nev Campbell!
Meeko 02:04 PM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
Everyone says I look like Nev Campbell!
I'm short and "fluffy"...dang it...gonna have to have Danny Devito play me...
Country Kids 02:12 PM 04-25-2012
I'm short and "fluffy"...dang it...gonna have to have Danny Devito play me...
I'm so glad I wasn't eating when reading this! Eating and laughter=choking!
Michelle 08:03 PM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
Can you add AZ to the list also...
Anyone that can drive here is invited!
Arizona, Canada, Northern California... skinny, fluffy, Danny Davito...anyone! the more the merrier!
Michael 08:12 PM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
You know I direct a webisode. hhhmmm Daycare.com The Movie!
Oneluckymom 08:22 PM 04-25-2012
Oh man....I would love to come but we will be out of town....long weekend for me
MarinaVanessa 10:33 AM 04-26-2012
And of course I'M coming. And tell you what ladies ... the first bottle of champagne for mimosas is on me . I hope you all don't drink too much though ... I'm feeling like I'm going to be mighty thirsty on Sat. May 26 at 11am

And are we taking the DH's or not? Mine decided that he'd much rather not come if there won't be any other roosters in the pen (we were going to make a day of it he and I)
MarinaVanessa 10:36 AM 04-26-2012
Originally Posted by Oneluckymom:
Oh man....I would love to come but we will be out of town....long weekend for me
Maybe we'll make it a bi-yearly thing and you can join us then.
sharlan 11:14 AM 04-26-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
And of course I'M coming. And tell you what ladies ... the first bottle of champagne for mimosas is on me . I hope you all don't drink too much though ... I'm feeling like I'm going to be mighty thirsty on Sat. May 26 at 11am

And are we taking the DH's or not? Mine decided that he'd much rather not come if there won't be any other roosters in the pen (we were going to make a day of it he and I)
I'll let you have mine, I prefer plain iced tea. I could probably convince my dh to go.
Oneluckymom 11:24 AM 04-26-2012
Maybe we'll make it a bi-yearly thing and you can join us then.
LOL....sounds like a great idea!! I hope all you girls (and guys ) have a great time. I would love to see pics of all your smiling faces too.
Michelle 02:11 PM 04-26-2012

you can actually park in the structure of the Aquarium and take the bus all over long beach for free or take the water taxi's for a small charge.... the bus goes back and forth from the Queen Mary and other places in LB and you just have to pay one parking fee for the whole day..we went whale watching, aquarium,the pike, etc.
MarinaVanessa 04:12 PM 04-26-2012
you can actually park in the structure of the Aquarium and take the bus all over long beach for free or take the water taxi's for a small charge.... the bus goes back and forth from the Queen Mary and other places in LB and you just have to pay one parking fee for the whole day..we went whale watching, aquarium,the pike, etc.
That's what we were planning to do. Just sight see a little bit and relax for the rest of the day.

I'll wait and see how many others take their DHs and then DH can decide whether he's coming or not.
Michelle 04:13 PM 04-26-2012

You want to hear how lame I am?
A few months ago I was at a fancy Salon getting a facial and the lady asked me if I would like a mermosa...
So, I said, "what kind of coffee is that?"
My mom laughed at me and the lady was trying not to.

Meeko 07:41 PM 04-26-2012
You want to hear how lame I am?
A few months ago I was at a fancy Salon getting a facial and the lady asked me if I would like a mermosa...
So, I said, "what kind of coffee is that?"
My mom laughed at me and the lady was trying not to.
Don't feel bad.....I have no idea what mermosa is........never heard of it.
Michael 08:44 PM 04-26-2012
Don't feel bad.....I have no idea what mermosa is........never heard of it.
Well I've never heard of a Mermosa before either but I have heard of a Mimosa which is champagne and orange juice.

haha mermosa, is that a mermaid drink?
MarinaVanessa 10:22 PM 04-26-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
Well I've never heard of a Mermosa before either but I have heard of a Mimosa which is champagne and orange juice.

haha mermosa, is that a mermaid drink?
Ha ha Michael. See that's what happens when I post on the forum without spellcheck lol
Michelle 10:28 AM 05-20-2012
Just bumping this up because our brunch is this Saturday May 26th...
We will pm the ones that said they would like to come with the exact location and time( we changed the location) .
Also if you would like to make a cool daycare shirt with something cute, silly, or heartfelt about daycare.. we will be wearing them so we can recognize each other. (Field Trip shirts work well)
P.m. me or Marina with any questions

Also pm us if we don't pm you and you are coming!
Meeko 10:53 AM 05-20-2012
I am having a major sulk........sooooo wanna be there!!!

Have a wonderful time......post lots of photos!
MarinaVanessa 07:41 AM 05-21-2012
Hello everyone!

We just wanted to update everyone that the brunch meet-up location has been changed to better location that offers free parking. Instead of having brunch at the Queen Mary in Long Beach we will be having brunch in Downtown Disney in Anaheim and have also added a contest. Here's the new general info. People that wish to attend can PM me for the details:

Who's Invited: Southern CA Daycare.com Members (or any members that can make the trip)
What: Brunch Meet-Up
Where: Downtown Disney, Anaheim
Why: Why Not
When: Saturday May 26, 2012

CONTEST: Any members attending the meet-up must design their own T-shirt to wear to the brunch meet up. Options are endless and the only restrictions are that your forum member name and Daycare.com are somewhere on the shirt. We will take photos at the meet-up and then the rest of the members on the forum can vote for their favorite T-shirt. .

It's just a friendly competition and there is no prize as Michael has already kindly offered to give money to go towards the brunch. All are welcome ... bring your DH's and make a day of it!! Hope to see you there!!
Unregistered 10:13 AM 05-21-2012
well don't that just stink!!!

You say Pacific, I say Atlantic

Gee wiz-

Have fun and please post pictures- lots of them

Stinks like a dirty diaper-
Michael 10:30 AM 05-21-2012
Hello everyone!

CONTEST: Any members attending the meet-up must design their own T-shirt to wear to the brunch meet up. Options are endless and the only restrictions are that your forum member name and Daycare.com are somewhere on the shirt. We will take photos at the meet-up and then the rest of the members on the forum can vote for their favorite T-shirt. .

It's just a friendly competition and there is no prize as Michael has already kindly offered to give money to go towards the brunch. All are welcome ... bring your DH's and make a day of it!! Hope to see you there!!
If you want t-shirts there on Sat they had better be ready ASAP. It takes time for delivery. If anyone has an idea or artwork I can put up the design on the Daycare.com Cafepress section for purchase. www.cafepress.com/daycarecom

You can PM me or email me the idea or artwork director@daycare.com

Let me know if I can help.
MarinaVanessa 07:01 AM 05-22-2012
We've decided to do them by hand. A lot of us are more crafty with ink and paint than we are on computers so we agreed to paint our designs directly onto our shirts by hand. Then later we can scan the designs and sumbit them to you Michael.
Michael 11:48 AM 05-22-2012
We've decided to do them by hand. A lot of us are more crafty with ink and paint than we are on computers so we agreed to paint our designs directly onto our shirts by hand. Then later we can scan the designs and sumbit them to you Michael.
Yes, of course. You gals are gifted. I take the easy way out.
sharlan 12:05 PM 05-22-2012
I won't be able to make a t-shirt this go 'round. I have soo much going on with the kids' graduations and birthdays.
Michelle 12:16 PM 05-22-2012
I won't be able to make a t-shirt this go 'round. I have soo much going on with the kids' graduations and birthdays.
It's o.k. I am not sure what I am going to be able to put together either, I'm probably just going to wear my field trip shirt, if I get time, I will make one
MarinaVanessa 08:22 PM 05-22-2012
Aww man, and here I've been working hard on my shirt all evening. . I'm not wearing mine if I'm the only one bringing one but I'll still take a picture of it when I'm done.
Michelle 12:02 PM 05-23-2012
Aww man, and here I've been working hard on my shirt all evening. . I'm not wearing mine if I'm the only one bringing one but I'll still take a picture of it when I'm done.
I think I can make one on Thursday but I am not very artistic
If it flops, I will wear my field trip shirt
sharlan 12:14 PM 05-23-2012
I will not be able to attend after all. I've scheduled two different interviews for Sat. As I really need kids, the interviews have to come first.
MarinaVanessa 03:30 PM 05-23-2012
I will not be able to attend after all. I've scheduled two different interviews for Sat. As I really need kids, the interviews have to come first.
We understand, your business comes first. Good luck this weekend and I hope you find the perfect fit
sharlan 05:20 PM 05-23-2012
We understand, your business comes first. Good luck this weekend and I hope you find the perfect fit
I was looking forward to meeting everyone. I even canceled my vacation to PS so that I would be home. One family is needing to start next Wed and the other one the following Mon.
Lucy 06:50 PM 05-30-2012
So how did this go?????
Michael 08:30 PM 05-30-2012
I believe a couple members could not make it due to filling spots. It was delayed until June.
Lucy 09:30 AM 05-31-2012
I believe a couple members could not make it due to filling spots. It was delayed until June.
What dates? I will be down there on vacation, and we plan to visit Disneyland June 16th and 17th.
Michael 09:32 AM 05-31-2012
Originally Posted by Lucy:
What dates? I will be down there on vacation, and we plan to visit Disneyland June 16th and 17th.
I might even be able to make those dates. Best to PM Michelle or Marina or maybe they will chime in here.
MarinaVanessa 09:40 AM 05-31-2012
Originally Posted by Lucy:
We havn't decided on the dates yet and it would be great if you could come. I don't know if these days will work for the others though considering that it's fathers day on the 17th. I'd have no problem going on the 16th but not sure about the other members. I don't know if I can make the 17th but I can check, the hard part for me would be to find a sitter willing to babysit on Father's Day. Also I won't be available on June 10th or June 23-24 as I'll be out of town in San Diego for my bachelorette party .

Who else has dates available in June? Oh and this time we aren't rescheduling no matter what, even if it only turns out to be me and Michelle .
Michael 09:44 AM 05-31-2012
We havn't decided on the dates yet and it would be great if you could come. I don't know if these days will work for the others though considering that it's fathers day weekend on the 17th. I'd have no problem going on the 16th but not sure about the others. I don't think I can make the 17th. I also won't be available on June 23-24 as I'll be out of town in San Diego for my bachelorette party .

Who else has dates available in June? Oh and this time we aren't rescheduling no matter what, even if it only turns out to be me and Michelle .
Let's tentatively say the 16th and see who can go. That $50 can buy a lot of mimosas for just the two of you.

MarinaVanessa 09:54 AM 05-31-2012
Let's tentatively say the 16th and see who can go. That $50 can buy a lot of mimosas for just the two of you.

Sounds good to me. I already added it to my calendar.
Michael 09:55 AM 05-31-2012
Sounds good to me. I already added it to my calendar.
Great! I also added it to our Forum Calendar. If you get more information I will add it to the calendar event.
Michelle 09:53 PM 05-31-2012
My daughter has a ballet recital on the 16th and she is in a ballet company and a really big and expensiveday for us!
We are free the following Saturday or Sunday morning June 17th , yes I know it's fathers day... so probably not a good day.
sharlan 05:42 AM 06-01-2012
I am leaving June 16th for Texas. I'll be home on the 23d.
MarinaVanessa 10:58 AM 06-01-2012
After discussing June 17th with DH he preffers to spend Father's Day with family so I won't be available for that day afterall. I still have Saturday June 16th open but it doesn't look like we'll all be able to be there if we do it that weekend. (Michelle unavailable the 16th, Sharlan unavailable either day). Should we choose another date? Like I posted earlier, I won't be available June 23 or 24th but if you ladies decide to do it that weekend I won't feel bad, I just won't be able to go.
Michelle 05:31 PM 06-01-2012
Is anyone available on July 1st 2089?

Back to the drawing board!
We will post more dates and take a vote
Crystal 05:43 PM 06-01-2012
Well, I'll be at Disneyland on November 2nd.
Tags:meet up
Reply Up