Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contracts
Danie362 07:08 AM 12-04-2012
How do you go about telling your parents that you charge them even if the child is not in my care. She called me yesterday to say he was not coming cause he was watching tv...all I can day was okay he is 3. No call today and I sent her a text but no response. She signed a contract for weekly payments. I have bills to pay. How do I go about this?
wdmmom 07:23 AM 12-04-2012
Full time rates are charged regardless of attendance. They are paying for the slot, not the day. If parents want to pay by the day, rates are significantly higher. You cant get a family to fill in on a random basis.

Or...you could approach it like this...you pay $100 a month for cable. They don't give you a discount if you don't watch certain programs or channels.
Mom&Provider 08:40 AM 12-04-2012
If you have a weekly rate, no allowance for vacation/sick days, then she should already know having signed your contract she pays regardless.

I would say nothing just yet, see what she pays you when they do come back and go from there. It's as simple of showing her your contract.

Has she contacted you to say they were coming today yet? I'd call them (not text) and ask what her plan was, stating concern for her and the child since they had not arrived. I know some people have in their contracts that if you are a no show...that is grounds to terminate...hope this family isn't trying to skip out without paying you or giving you notice!?
Danie362 04:15 PM 12-04-2012
Thanks for the information ladies. She did call me around 9:30 saying that she took another day off and she for got to call me. But I will be giving her another copy of the signed contract when she comes in.I do charge rather the child is in my care are not.. my rates are weekly.
gag 04:44 PM 12-04-2012
Originally Posted by Danie362:
Thanks for the information ladies. She did call me around 9:30 saying that she took another day off and she for got to call me. But I will be giving her another copy of the signed contract when she comes in.I do charge rather the child is in my care are not.. my rates are weekly.
Wait and see if she pays you because isn't she aware of your policy already. If she doesn't pay or refuses, then whip out the contract again. I tell people it's like renting an apartment, not a motel room in/out.
Sprouts 06:30 PM 12-05-2012
I just updated my contract and it covers everything, pm if u would like to take a looksie
Scout 08:34 AM 12-06-2012
How do you forget to call the person who likely spends more time with your child than you do? Doesn't make sense to me! I never forgot to call my provider if we weren't coming.
melilley 11:43 AM 12-06-2012
You could make it a policy that they have to pay for the next week's care on the last day of attendance the previous week or however you bill have them pay before care. That way even if they don't show up, you have already been paid.
grandmom 02:40 PM 12-06-2012
1. Get paid monthly. In advance.

2. If not 1. above, get paid weekly. On Friday before the week.

Good luck.
daycare 03:09 PM 12-06-2012
How do you go about telling your parents that you charge them even if the child is not in my care. She called me yesterday to say he was not coming cause he was watching tv...all I can day was okay he is 3. No call today and I sent her a text but no response. She signed a contract for weekly payments. I have bills to pay. How do I go about this?
i explain to the parents that they are paying for their daycare spot just like they would rent.

you pay your rent every month on the 1st of each month. Your landlord will charge you the same rate every single month if you are home every day that month or if you leave for 4 days. If you want a home to come back to , you pay the full rent every single month.

daycare works the same way. you are paying for the spot, not the actual time used. so if you are present every day of your contract or gone 4 days of your contract, you still pay the same amount.

Most parents seem to understand this when I explain it this way
Reply Up