Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Business Cards
hope 09:05 AM 02-20-2014
Do any of you use business cards? I am looking for some new families and thought I would order some to pass out. There have been a few occasions where someone would ask me for one and I felt unprofessional for not having and had to resort to writing my contact information on a piece of paper. I would like to use these to gain more business though and wanted to hear how you ladies have done with cards.
jenboo 09:23 AM 02-20-2014
I buy them at walmart and print them out myself.
I love having them and I always have people asking if they could have one.
I have given them to friends, people at church, people at local businesses, the guy who bought my car, the guy selling us an alarm system...
My grandma, dad and hubby also have a stack that they hand out to people.

I havent gotten a call from them yet but It feels good to pass them out and to know that my daycare is being advertised.
kathiemarie 09:27 AM 02-20-2014
Check out VISTA printing online. Very reasonable and great quality. I think I got 500 for $10.
NoMoreJuice! 09:31 AM 02-20-2014
Here is a coupon code for you from Vistaprint! VPCART091

It's for 25% off the entire site.

I have ordered TONS of products from them...and those 250 cards you get for $10 go a LONG way. When I reopened my daycare in a new city, I went crazy and bought 1,000, thinking I would be handing them out everywhere. A year later, full capacity, and I still have 950.

Crazy8 09:37 AM 02-20-2014
vistaprint is the best place for inexpensive business cards!!! Printing some yourself is much more expensive with buying the perforated cards, the ink they use, etc. Also if you pick one of their themes/patterns you can get all kinds of products to match your cards too. Their prices are great and their shipping is fast.
MBF 09:41 AM 02-20-2014
I use vistaprint too, they have some great designs and you get them really quickly as well! its nice when they show you other products you can have as well, I use the little notepads for parent notes about the day or supplies needed, and the ringed ones for my curriculum planning and shopping lists.
Blackcat31 09:44 AM 02-20-2014
I use business cards but in I have found one of the best marketing strategies for advertising is current families.

I had a bunch of vinyl window clings made and handed them out to current families to display on their cars.

The clings are about 4X6 and say something like "My child is lovingly care for at ABC Child Care" along with my logo and contact info.

Makes AWESOME advertising!
hope 10:30 AM 02-20-2014
Thank you everyone! I know I can always come here for the best advice!
CraftyMom 10:40 AM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I use business cards but in I have found one of the best marketing strategies for advertising is current families.

I had a bunch of vinyl window clings made and handed them out to current families to display on their cars.

The clings are about 4X6 and say something like "My child is lovingly care for at ABC Child Care" along with my logo and contact info.

Makes AWESOME advertising!
Window clings, great idea!

I was thinking of getting one of those magnetic signs to put on my van
DanielleS 11:36 AM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
Here is a coupon code for you from Vistaprint! VPCART091

It's for 25% off the entire site.

I have ordered TONS of products from them...and those 250 cards you get for $10 go a LONG way. When I reopened my daycare in a new city, I went crazy and bought 1,000, thinking I would be handing them out everywhere. A year later, full capacity, and I still have 950.

Thanks for the code!!!!

I was able to get 250 business cards, 35 brochures and a lawn sign for $54.00.

I am only concerned with caring for infants right now, with ratio I am only really looking to fill 2 and MAYBE 3 spots. I was working on business cards, flyers etc. but it all seemed like overkill for two little spots! This is perfect.

Thanks!!
Starburst 01:07 PM 02-22-2014
Vista print makes business card, tee shirts, and other logo swag that can help promote your business and you can custom design them.

http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/star...s+Product+Page
ECEVA 06:00 PM 02-22-2014
I love VistaPrint prices and their customer service is awesome.
originalkat 07:18 PM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by kathiemarie:
Check out VISTA printing online. Very reasonable and great quality. I think I got 500 for $10.
That is where I got mine. Super cute, high quality, and they last forever!
TwinKristi 08:37 PM 02-22-2014
Yep VistaPrint here too!
Tags:business cards, vistaprint
Reply Up