Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Accreditation.........I have to do what??!!!
LaLa1923 03:59 PM 07-11-2013
My new client with three kids will be getting funding through NACCRRA. I have to join NACCRRA in order to accept the funding. In order to join NACCRRA I must become accredited........great...... Everything I've read looks like I will be spending a lot of time and money on this. I really don't see any positives yet. Well....actually.....there's one! I am going to submit my receipts to MSDE to be reimbursed. I'm not sure how much they will pay but even a little will help...

I'll be here often writing about my experience with accreditation..... We can go through it together..
Heidi 06:52 PM 07-11-2013
Hey Lala..

I just started the self-study and sort of a "blog" here on my experiences. I titled it "accreditation journey" or something.

How about we join forces? We can both post our stuff on that thread, and thereby avoid boring redundancies.

LaLa1923 07:15 PM 07-11-2013
Sounds good!
How are you liking it? Who are you taking it through?
juliebug 07:26 PM 07-11-2013
question i have received payment thur naccra before and never had to be accredited? i did have to send a copy of my degree and my license tho. I hope they were wrong other wise good luck getting accredited.
LaLa1923 07:44 PM 07-11-2013
Originally Posted by juliebug:
question i have received payment thur naccra before and never had to be accredited? i did have to send a copy of my degree and my license tho. I hope they were wrong other wise good luck getting accredited.
You can have a degree, but I don't. So without an ECE degree you must be accredited.
juliebug 07:47 PM 07-11-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
You can have a degree, but I don't. So without an ECE degree you must be accredited.
ok understand now well good luck, they pay quick and are really easy to deal with.
Heidi 05:01 AM 07-12-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
My new client with three kids will be getting funding through NACCRRA. I have to join NACCRRA in order to accept the funding. In order to join NACCRRA I must become accredited........great...... Everything I've read looks like I will be spending a lot of time and money on this. I really don't see any positives yet. Well....actually.....there's one! I am going to submit my receipts to MSDE to be reimbursed. I'm not sure how much they will pay but even a little will help...

I'll be here often writing about my experience with accreditation..... We can go through it together..
ok, and what is NACCRRA?
MarinaVanessa 06:42 AM 07-12-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
ok, and what is NACCRRA?
The National Association of Child Care Resourse and Referral Agency (I believe that's what the acronym stands for).
Tags:accreditation, naeyc, nafcc
Reply Up