Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Price of Used Toys
morgan24 10:30 AM 02-23-2020
I am retiring in August. I am going to be getting rid of all my toys and equipment. What do used toys normally sell for? Some are 25 years old but are in good shape have all the pieces. Some are only a couple years old and have hardly been played with. I don’t go to yard sales so I don’t have a clue.
Michael 11:09 AM 02-23-2020
I think you’d be lucky to get a couple dollars each. Why not donate them?
Cat Herder 12:27 PM 02-23-2020
Check the prices on EBAY and your local facebook yardsale groups. Some older toys go for more than newer toys because of the quality. Many newer toys are made to be disposable.
Unregistered 12:30 PM 02-23-2020
As a new provider this year was super appreciative of everyone who donated toys to me to get started. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford to start a daycare! If you can donate them.. and write the donation off on your taxes
Former Teacher 12:54 PM 02-23-2020
Whenever/whatever I sell whether it's in FB group or CL...what I do is take what I paid for the item and cut it automatically in half. Then go from there....is it really worn out...what shape etc?
morgan24 05:22 AM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Check the prices on EBAY and your local facebook yardsale groups. Some older toys go for more than newer toys because of the quality. Many newer toys are made to be disposable.
I never thought of checking EBay. I do have a lot of classics. I checked the Facebook resale sites and right now there are hardly any toys on any of them. Thanks!
morgan24 05:24 AM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
Whenever/whatever I sell whether it's in FB group or CL...what I do is take what I paid for the item and cut it automatically in half. Then go from there....is it really worn out...what shape etc?
That’s a good starting point. I’ll have to check Craigslist’s. Thanks. Preparing for retirement has been stressful.
284878 07:54 AM 02-24-2020
Try finding a Mom to mom sale to take the stuff to and sell or consignment shop.
Rockgirl 08:27 AM 02-24-2020
We’ve had a few providers have a sale when they retired. They informed the providers in our local daycare association, and they were allowed to go shop first, then the public.
rosieteddy 09:04 AM 02-24-2020
I was lucky I asked our association (D.C) if there were any new providers. One women bought the 5 seat stroller ,kitchen set and all the play bikes for 350.Some things I just gave to provider friends and a lot I put out with Free written on it.Favorites I saved for future Grandchildren.Books donated most and everything else went to the "free"store at the transfer station.
flying_babyb 01:00 PM 02-24-2020
the really "classic" toys: Go on ebay or the internet. I actually belong to a fb group for identifying old toys and surprising what those old little tyke, fisher price toys go for. Not to mention alot of people are buying old toys to recreate there childhood (and share there favs with their kids)
Tags:donating toys, ebay, used toys, yard sale groups
Reply Up