Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:03 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Mission Statement

I feel like my website needs a mission statement. But I don't like anything I am coming up with. Any advice for me?
Old 04-10-2016, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

I'd say it depends in your philosophy or your priorities. The work you do is for what purpose? Is your greatest focus: children, families, providing home like comfort, providing a solid foundation for education, healthy lifestyle, love of learning, play play play, etc...? From what I know of you, from your posts (this is calcare), you seem to value the children receiving the best care and an early education foundation that will support each of them in reaching their own potential. Something along those lines? And, although that may sound a bit generic at first, I don't believe it is. For me, I would say my mission is something about working with families to support children's development through play... Does this help?
Old 04-10-2016, 04:37 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'd say it depends in your philosophy or your priorities. The work you do is for what purpose? Is your greatest focus: children, families, providing home like comfort, providing a solid foundation for education, healthy lifestyle, love of learning, play play play, etc...? From what I know of you, from your posts (this is calcare), you seem to value the children receiving the best care and an early education foundation that will support each of them in reaching their own potential. Something along those lines? And, although that may sound a bit generic at first, I don't believe it is. For me, I would say my mission is something about working with families to support children's development through play... Does this help?
That does help. It gives me a place to take off from somewhat I guess. Although I do try to also support families when I can, but I don't get those opportunities much. Or maybe I am narrow minded on my idea of "supporting" families. I mostly have resources and such I can offer if they ask me to help them find things. My families now don't seem to need that or want it.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

Oh I'm sure you do, didn't mean to imply otherwise. Just trying to think of the coolest top priority (priorities) because having the mission drone on about every single thing you think is important would become too much I think...
Old 04-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

Lol autocorrected. That said 'toppest' top priority. Not coolest

Tags
daycare business, daycare experiences, mission statement