Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Follow Up Letter / Thank You
daycare 09:09 AM 05-17-2011
Do any of you email or send a thank you letter after you interveiw a client? I have always emailed a thank you for considering us type letter, but wanting something better..

If you do have one, do you mind sharing with me what you have...

In today's econmy, I feel I have to go a little above and beyond my normal call of duty. Plus I really liked this family!!
unregistered member 09:56 AM 05-17-2011
Once my families signed up with me I wrote a short letter welcoming them to the centre and it included all my contact information. It also had reminders (what to bring first day, etc..). I included it with their registration receipt and copies of the contract. GL!!
Pammie 10:00 AM 05-17-2011
I actually hand this letter to prospective clients at the end of the interview - IF I think it went well and feel that I would like to enroll them. I include two peppermint/herb tea bags in the envelope:-)
If the interview went poorly, I keep the envelope in my folder

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for your interest in my daycare and for taking the time to visit with me today. As parents, searching for daycare can be an extremely difficult and often overwhelming process. I truly understand that finding a daycare that meets your child’s needs and at the same time finding a provider with whom you feel comfortable and confident entrusting with your child can be stressful. I feel that it is crucially important for parents and providers to have a very open and friendly relationship and to work together to provide children with the best possible daycare experience.

Each family has their own personal hopes and expectations for their child’s daycare placement. I understand that my daycare is not the perfect match for every family. Hopefully, during our visit, I was able to thoroughly explain my childcare philosophy and policies and that you left feeling that you had the opportunity to get to know me. I hope that you were comfortable enough to ask all of the questions that were important to you, as well as the ones that came to mind just because you were curious. I can assure you that I understand that your priority is finding the best possible daycare placement for your child whether it is with me or elsewhere, and that only by having the answers to all of your questions and by having all of your concerns addressed, can you feel secure about your decision.

When you get home today, I encourage you to brew a cup of tea, relax and reflect on our visit and the wealth of information that we covered. Please call if you have additional questions or concerns!

I will be holding a roster space for your child for one week until <insert date here>. If you need additional time past the week to make your decision, please let me know and I will be happy to hold the space a little longer. Should you decide that my home daycare is not a good match for your family, please let me know so that I may offer the space to the next family on my wait-list.

Thank you for considering my daycare for your child’s daycare home!!
snowborden1 10:03 AM 05-17-2011
I never thought about doing that! Great idea!!! And I love the tea packet idea also!
I love this forum! So many great ideas
daycare 10:10 AM 05-17-2011
Originally Posted by Pammie:
I actually hand this letter to prospective clients at the end of the interview - IF I think it went well and feel that I would like to enroll them. I include two peppermint/herb tea bags in the envelope:-)
If the interview went poorly, I keep the envelope in my folder

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for your interest in my daycare and for taking the time to visit with me today. As parents, searching for daycare can be an extremely difficult and often overwhelming process. I truly understand that finding a daycare that meets your child’s needs and at the same time finding a provider with whom you feel comfortable and confident entrusting with your child can be stressful. I feel that it is crucially important for parents and providers to have a very open and friendly relationship and to work together to provide children with the best possible daycare experience.

Each family has their own personal hopes and expectations for their child’s daycare placement. I understand that my daycare is not the perfect match for every family. Hopefully, during our visit, I was able to thoroughly explain my childcare philosophy and policies and that you left feeling that you had the opportunity to get to know me. I hope that you were comfortable enough to ask all of the questions that were important to you, as well as the ones that came to mind just because you were curious. I can assure you that I understand that your priority is finding the best possible daycare placement for your child whether it is with me or elsewhere, and that only by having the answers to all of your questions and by having all of your concerns addressed, can you feel secure about your decision.

When you get home today, I encourage you to brew a cup of tea, relax and reflect on our visit and the wealth of information that we covered. Please call if you have additional questions or concerns!

I will be holding a roster space for your child for one week until <insert date here>. If you need additional time past the week to make your decision, please let me know and I will be happy to hold the space a little longer. Should you decide that my home daycare is not a good match for your family, please let me know so that I may offer the space to the next family on my wait-list.

Thank you for considering my daycare for your child’s daycare home!!
that is awesome... thank you for sharing this with all of us... I am trying to write something similar....
Tags:interview, interview - thank you letter, interview follow up, letter samples
Reply Up