Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Mine-o-Saur
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 10:21 AM 03-16-2018
At point do you consider the "mine" phase not typical? I have dcb right now who will be 3 in June. He is territorial to the max and will fly across the room screaming about any objects he's deemed his. If I hand him anything, you can forget it about, it becomes his forever. He just spends so much of his day guarding things. Yesterday the object was invisible. Last week he guarded some snow (we have 3 feet of it). I know to some extent its age appropriate. I've been attempting to redirect and ride it out, but the screeching and constant vigilance is driving me over the edge. He's been here a little over a year now, and its always been this way to some extent.

There are times where he plays just fine with other kids, but will drop what he's doing and fly over if someone gets close to something that is "his". Rarely does he hit, but he will go for the toy with no hesitation... and while doing that awful screech!

Currently he's playing nicely with ds3. But he did not engage until he first hid a bunch of puzzle pieces because the 10 month old was showing interest in them.
Tags:mine, mine - its mine
Up