Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Noisy DCG
DCMomOf3 09:28 AM 03-15-2011
My DCG3.5 does everything in a noisy way. chewing, drinking, swallowing, playing alone, even laying down she has to make noise with her legs. If she is playing with other kids she talks very loudly, sings very loudly. She doesn't do quiet....ever. I realize it's not a critical thing most of the time, but I can shhh, whisper, play the quiet game, tell her to sit still over and over but she just doesn't get "quiet".

has anyone ever had a kid like this that you were able to quiet down,even a little?
Blackcat31 09:35 AM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
My DCG3.5 does everything in a noisy way. chewing, drinking, swallowing, playing alone, even laying down she has to make noise with her legs. If she is playing with other kids she talks very loudly, sings very loudly. She doesn't do quiet....ever. I realize it's not a critical thing most of the time, but I can shhh, whisper, play the quiet game, tell her to sit still over and over but she just doesn't get "quiet".

has anyone ever had a kid like this that you were able to quiet down,even a little?
Never had a dck like that but I have a sister who is like that! LOL!! She's 33 and every time she visits, my ears ring.
MyAngels 09:42 AM 03-15-2011
I have one now who is 3. I've had her since she was an infant, and it's been 3 years of constant reminders . She is so loud at times that even the other kids have been known to remind her that it's quiet time. I don't really blame her, though, because her mom is really loud, too.

She has gotten progressively better as she gets older, and I do know she gets it, at least in theory, because a few times, when her mom comes in at the end of the day with her really loud helloooooo that she does, her daughter has turned to her and said, "Mom, shhhh, you'll scare the babies!"
Little People 09:50 AM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I have one now who is 3. I've had her since she was an infant, and it's been 3 years of constant reminders . She is so loud at times that even the other kids have been known to remind her that it's quiet time. I don't really blame her, though, because her mom is really loud, too.

She has gotten progressively better as she gets older, and I do know she gets it, at least in theory, because a few times, when her mom comes in at the end of the day with her really loud helloooooo that she does, her daughter has turned to her and said, "Mom, shhhh, you'll scare the babies!"
That's to cute!!
SimpleMom 10:11 AM 03-15-2011
I have one like that , too. They are just VERY busy in anything and everything.
I don't think they realize how loud they are "tapping" those little legs at nap time I just keep reminding them like you do. I have had one other like this before and they do tend to grow out of it a bit. The one I have right now talks very loud, but I also think their hearing is behind it. parent's and I are working on that resolve.
Meyou 10:23 AM 03-15-2011
My youngest daughter is the LOUD one. *sigh* She's 7 and is as loud on her own as my DC kids together most of the time. She's been loud since birth. lol
SunflowerMama 10:56 AM 03-15-2011
My daughter (4) is the exact same way. Sometimes my husband and I just laugh. She so busy all the time and is so loud even when she's having pretend play with her little people...even they talk loudly.

We just chalk it up to her personality and just roll with it. We don't allow her to be inapproriate in public settings but we don't shush her all day either or it's all we'd be doing . She's just very outspoken and a class clown. I'm actually jealous because I'm so the opposite...extremely introverted and don't even like people to look my direction in public.
SilverSabre25 02:06 PM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:

The first part of your question: Yes, I have a kid JUST like this.

The second part: and I have had NO luck so far quieting him down so far. The part that bugs me the most (the noisy chewing) is impossible so far...I tell him to chew with his lips together and he giggles (noisily of course) and continues to chew the way he always does. Maybe next year...
Tags:loud talker, noisy
Reply Up