Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Entrovirus
Unregistered 08:39 AM 10-15-2014
Any one ever felt with it? Not the bad entro? Causes fevers and red dots in mouth and sores on the tonsils and rash around mouth.I thought for sure it was strep throat when I saw the white in his throat. His doc said it was the tail end of an entro virus. I have zero experence with this. The dr note says not contagious unless fever of 100.4
Cradle2crayons 09:16 AM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Any one ever felt with it? Not the bad entro? Causes fevers and red dots in mouth and sores on the tonsils and rash around mouth.I thought for sure it was strep throat when I saw the white in his throat. His doc said it was the tail end of an entro virus. I have zero experence with this. The dr note says not contagious unless fever of 100.4
What does YOUR illness policy say related to fever etc??

My policy says excluded until they are fever free WITHOUT MEDICATION for 24 hours, is eating and playing and able to participate in daycare activities. I honestly don't care what a dr note says. I follow my policy.
Blackcat31 10:57 AM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hand Foot and Mouth (HFM) is an entro virus.

http://www.hennepin.us/~/media/henne...-hand-foot.pdf
Tags:enterovirus, hand foot and mouth
Reply Up