Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Am Mentally Done, 3 DCK's Are Physically Done
mrsp'slilpeeps 02:45 PM 06-27-2013
I feel so burnt out lately, and in my heart of hearts I just cant do this anymore.

I have applied for a job that pays $21 an hour to start and paid training. Yes I will have to drive to the city, and my kids will become latch key kids, but I am just done. Fingers crossed!

All 3 of my FT kids just left for good and do you think these parents were even greatfull for the things I have done for them and the kids the last 3 years???

Nope, not even a thanks. Just see you later.

I have lost my income and we cant go on holidays anymore.

My husband is tired of the unpredictable income and so am I.

The only call I have had this month was from someone who was looking for daycare and when I told her my rate for part time care she said oh that's too much. That's how much I charge for fulltime care. Im like why are you calling me then??

Im fed up and annoyed.
LaLa1923 06:04 PM 06-27-2013
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:
I feel so burnt out lately, and in my heart of hearts I just cant do this anymore.

I have applied for a job that pays $21 an hour to start and paid training. Yes I will have to drive to the city, and my kids will become latch key kids, but I am just done. Fingers crossed!

All 3 of my FT kids just left for good and do you think these parents were even greatfull for the things I have done for them and the kids the last 3 years???

Nope, not even a thanks. Just see you later.

I have lost my income and we cant go on holidays anymore.

My husband is tired of the unpredictable income and so am I.

The only call I have had this month was from someone who was looking for daycare and when I told her my rate for part time care she said oh that's too much. That's how much I charge for fulltime care. Im like why are you calling me then??

Im fed up and annoyed.
I understand completely! How long have you been doing home daycare? I am already sick of the inconsistent income and I've only been open for 6 months....
SunshineMama 09:46 AM 06-28-2013
Congrats on the new job! I was SO done last year, and got rid of 2 full timers, and then, life was good! I didn't mind the other kids, and I had no issues and was happy!

I just started a new kid this week though, and she make me want to jump out of a window! Hopefully she will get better!

Good luck to you
dave4him 04:07 PM 06-30-2013
Best wishes in your new job
Brooksie 07:11 AM 07-01-2013
Good luck with your new job/search. Hope it works out a lot better for you.
Stacy214 07:55 PM 07-11-2013
Good luck! I've been feeling completely drained lately (have been doing this 27 years) but just took my week vacation so hopefully can re start with a better attitude . I always wonder how much longer I can do this
Scout 04:15 AM 07-12-2013
Any update?? I hope you got the job!!
Tags:closing daycare
Reply Up