Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Monitors To Watch The Kids

you know those baby monitors where one is a tv so you can watch the kids, do any of you have those. My kitchen is on the other side of the house (its not that big of a house) but its not open concept either. I want to be able to see what is going on when I make lunch. Lately I'm getting she hit me, he hit me and since I can't see what is going on, I can't punish anyone.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:30 AM

My house is a split with the kitchen completely hidden. I thought about getting one of those monitors but Regs say you must be able to see and interveine if necessary- which is impossible for me to do if I am making lunch.

So, I make all my kids either watch tv or read a book (their choice) on the couch when I make lunch. Almost everything is prepared anyway but the kids know they are going to have to relax, wait, and either watch or read for up to 20 min until lunch is served. If they can't handle it they sit at the table until its ready.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Preschool Teacher

Yes....people....give suggestions on this one.....I want to know too!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Where Children Grow

I guess I'm lucky my daycare area is right by the kitchen.

But if you need to use a camera, I'd call licensing first to make sure its ok for you to use (since the above pp said they cant use one per regs)
Old 02-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Happy cause Im insane.

I use this;

It streams on our home network as to not get any interference with other peoples monitors. I can watch it on my netbook or iPhone. It was like $80.00 online and We have it set up in the play/dck nap room. I can see the entire room with this.

It also doubles as a home security system when we are out of town. We set it up in the kitchen and it sits over the entire kitchen and living room.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:12 PM

thats a neat thing. As for liscencing, here in ontario there is NO SUCH THING. Which I'm glad because when I read some of the stuff you ladies have to do and make sure its legal is way too crazy for me.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Daycare.com Member

I don't know what I'd do without mine. I have 4 cameras (one in each napping bedroom) and the monitor in the daycare room so I can keep an eye on all the little ones while they sleep. This way I can run up there and grab someone who is up before the others wake up.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosmommy View Post
My house is a split with the kitchen completely hidden. I thought about getting one of those monitors but Regs say you must be able to see and interveine if necessary- which is impossible for me to do if I am making lunch.

So, I make all my kids either watch tv or read a book (their choice) on the couch when I make lunch. Almost everything is prepared anyway but the kids know they are going to have to relax, wait, and either watch or read for up to 20 min until lunch is served. If they can't handle it they sit at the table until its ready.
I'm just curious the age of your children. Do you have little ones? My little ones will not sit still to watch tv and I have one boy that is nearly 3 years old that is really delayed and definetely will not co-operate for tv time.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Daycare.com Member

P.S. I am in Saskatchewan and run a private daycare...no liscense required.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:11 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Nino--can you tell me more about your system? I have 4 napping rooms as well, and for my state, I have to have a monitor in each room or have doors open. I'd like to find a way to condense 4 different baby monitors on my kitchen counter.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Daycare View Post
I use this;

It streams on our home network as to not get any interference with other peoples monitors. I can watch it on my netbook or iPhone. It was like $80.00 online and We have it set up in the play/dck nap room. I can see the entire room with this.

It also doubles as a home security system when we are out of town. We set it up in the kitchen and it sits over the entire kitchen and living room.
What is this camera called. I like this idea for my baby's room instead of the video monitor.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysillygoose View Post
Nino--can you tell me more about your system? I have 4 napping rooms as well, and for my state, I have to have a monitor in each room or have doors open. I'd like to find a way to condense 4 different baby monitors on my kitchen counter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is this camera called. I like this idea for my baby's room instead of the video monitor.
This is an older thread so I don't know if either poster will reply.

I use a video monitor. The one I bought was from Sam's Club.

Like this: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/4-pack-...navAction=push

Old 07-30-2013, 02:00 PM

Here are some more threads about monitors.

http://daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=video+monitors
Old 07-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Daycare View Post
I use this;

I'd like the name of it as well...
I can use monitoring devices including cameras here but they cannot be in place of supervision... So nap room yes- playroom when I'm not there- no
I'm in NY
Old 07-31-2013, 08:32 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have a monitor hanging on my wall so I can see the children while I prepare food. I used it for quite a while but haven't turned it on in a long time. Now when one of the kids does the "I didn't do it routine" all I have to say is "o.k. I will just check the camera and see what happened" and the truth spills out. The kids think I have a camera in every room even though there is only one. On the occasions when I've had a child that refuses to fess up one of the other children always says, "check the camera". BTW, my camera doesn't even record. LOL

Tags
cctv, monitor, security