Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Parents and Guardians Forum

Parents and Guardians Forum Parents and Guardians should post and answer questions here.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Question $100/wk for Infant? Taxes? Please Help

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out. My sister wants me to take care of my niece when she goes back to work, something of which I am delighted to do. She trusts me more than a daycare center obviously because I'm her sister and I have experience with my own kids soon to be 7 and 5. She let me know that they will pay me $400 a month and $65 extra to pick up my infant niece. They live 20 miles away. Pick-up by me progected at 8:30 am till pick by her 4pm. By my calculations I wouldn't even get min. wage which is $6.90 in AZ. What is reasonable? They get paid well too.~~~ I also don't know how to report this for taxes? I've been told I could get paid in cash and would'nt have to report it but I don't want to do things illegally. And what about them at tax time when they get asked if they paid for childcare? Aren't they going to want to get reimbursed? I have always taken care of my own kids and don't know how that works. Could someone please help?
Old 04-18-2008, 12:24 AM
Betty

Smile

That sounds more than reasonable and it's family to boot. Take it and help them out.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:24 AM
Unregistered

I think you should call around for prices that daycares charge. Then maybe take some off of that if you want to be nice. For example our daycare costs 750 per month. Now maybe take 150 off and charge 600 or whatever. First of all...you will probably take the kid when they are sick which normal daycares will not do.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Unregistered

Question its family

How much would you pay her to watch your child? Its family. That price sounds good. You could always say no anyway.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Family or not, a business is business. Honestly, $100 per week is dirt cheap. And $65 a week to drive 40 miles round trip,,,,,, that is not that much.

You need to call around and see what centers and other providers get. I can understand giving a discount since it is family,,,,but make sure it is worth your time.

Last edited by mac60; 06-06-2008 at 01:22 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

It is illegal not to report cash-have them pay you in check-so they "can" report it for taxes as well-when recieving cash/or self-employment you have to pay quartly-guessing a % or call an accountant or tax prepare to guide you. You also have deductions-call H&R or someone you trust to guide you. If you travel to pick the child up-you can use your mileage as a deduction as well-I'm licensed and I get $120 for an infant-GOOD LUCK

Tags
infant rates