Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quarter Life Crisis...Long
KristinsHomeCC 07:54 AM 05-12-2016
Hey ladies and gents! So I'm always awful at posting because I forget to include important things or points so I'm going to give this one my best shot. I need help.

I am 26 y/o, in great health (besides my PP about my little anxieties), have a 2 yo son, engaged and have been with him for 8 years next month, no money issues (he could support us on his own). But I am UNHAPPY.

I posted earlier in the week, we won't need to go into all that -- but a lot of you had me thinking about my cameras. Ever since my post on Monday, I will catch myself feeling concerned almost. In my head I will go, "oh jeez, DCG is awake in her pin and crying" while I'm dealing with the infamous blow out diaper. I will actually catch myself being concerned. But I'm not sure if it's just having the cameras or if it's because I *know* my new DCBs parents are watching. I checked the cameras yesterday at 1pm (opened for 6 hrs by that point) and it was checked 19 times. I feel as though that is excessive as I only have 3 children I care for, and one wasn't here yet and one I KNOW her mother doesn't even have the app for anymore because she really didn't care for it, too busy at work all day anyways. So that's new DCBs parents, 19 times. I have no way to know if it was open for 5 mins or 5 seconds. They are not new to daycare, their son has been in another home child care since 10 weeks. Are they monitoring me or watching their child play? He was sleeping 4 out of those 6 hrs yesterday so...hmph. I know it can be nerve wracking but I don't want your kid if you don't trust me when leaving them here!

I think its making me unhappy. I feel like I was happier 2 weeks ago before this child started. I also have 2 9-month olds now as opposed to one, so of course things are a little more hectic. I guess I just needed to type it all out because I can't figure out what to do guys

The cameras did NOT bother me before DCD of new DCB mentioned how he was always in a certain spot. I almost felt like they were giving him a sense that I was his employee or something. Not sure. I am going back and forth on terming him. Tomorrow is his last trial day. I haven't bonded with him at all and really couldnt care less if he came back Monday, hopefully it doesn't sound too heartless. Like previously mentioned, DCD left a bad taste in my mouth with that nonsense!

*If* I keep him, I'm going to send out a notice saying cameras will only be for security use/liability reasons and not for parent use. Then, Im sure I will lose them anyways if they check that often.

Seeking advice on what to do about business aspect of it. I advertise that and people who contact me love that about my place. I makeit known at interview they are *not* nanny cams, they are play cams. Also, my PT family uses it from time to time if I will text them when she's doingsome thing cool. Do I lower rate since they signed up with that amenity?
Tags:camera, cctv, monitor, parents - don't trust, trust - not
Up