Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Assistant Credit Rating??
Cat Herder 04:52 PM 07-28-2011
In my recent training session it stated that I should make sure to run both a Criminal Background Check and Credit Check on any Childcare Provider I hire to assist.

The Credit Check never even occured to me. I guess I just assumed they were unemployed/under employed by the fact they were looking for a job....

Do any of you run them or are you aware of your employer having run them on you?
Kaddidle Care 05:27 PM 07-28-2011
No - I've never had an employer run credit on me. It's none of their business IMHO.

Credit reports have all of your credit card numbers, loan numbers, etc. I don't want anyone snooping into that. If they wanted it that bad I'd tell them: "I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

Finger Printing and Criminal checks I have no problem with.

BTW - if you have their SS number and run a credit report on someone without proper authorization, be ready for court.
nannyde 06:12 PM 07-28-2011
Never thought of it for child care workers.

I can definitely see doing it for parents and for offering mine to parents. I would be happy to do that. Swapping credit scores sounds like a great idea.

The centers I work for have to devote a significant amount of staff time dealing with employees having their wages garnished. It's very very costly. You have to comply with the court orders and end up with a staff assistant who is upset because they aren't getting the money they believe they have coming. It's a lot of time in counselling them AND it leads to many of them leaving their job to avoid the garnishments in their future checks.

Bad news for the employer who gets NOTHING out of the deal but heartache.
Tags:assistant, background check, credit check
Reply Up