Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Aching Feet and Legs!
Play Care 07:39 AM 01-19-2014
What type of shoes (if any) do you wear during the day? Because we live in the northeast we typically do not wear shoes in the house. However I have slippers in the winter and indoor flip flops for summer. Lately I've noticed my feet and legs are killing me! I think I need to wear better shoes or sneakers. Has anyone else had this issue? Did you find a solution?
NeedaVaca 08:39 AM 01-19-2014
I wear crocs
melilley 10:59 AM 01-19-2014
I have heard that flip flops are terrible for feet and legs. And if your slippers are the flip flop type (no backs) that could be the reason for sore feet and legs. I think it's because your feet have to work to keep them on (if that makes sense). I've noticed that when I used to wear my sandals without backs, my legs would kill me and at night I would get cramps in my calves. When I didn't wear those sandals, my calves were fine.

I wear socks in my house and tennis shoes when we go outside.
Sunshine74 12:12 PM 01-19-2014
When I'm at work (I'm @ a center) I wear Asics. I have really flat feet and need a lot of support and those are great and comfy. Other then that though, I don't usually wear anything on my feet.
Lucy 12:38 PM 01-19-2014
I grew up in SoCal, so I also NEVER wear shoes in the house. And it's not even because of my carpet or anything! I just hate wearing shoes!!

I am barefoot most of the year, but wear socks if my feet get cold.

Outside, I wear flip-flops most of the year, and tennies in colder weather.
CrackerJacks 01:11 PM 01-19-2014
I have achilies tendonitis (it's awful) and my doc says it's prob because I'm on my feet all day, barefoot inside and flip flops outside. He says flip flops are the worst thing you could wear. Suggested wearing something like a wedge or clog, something with a little heel to take the pressure off. Now I usually wear crocs outside, but I still don't wear shoes inside
Lucy 01:15 PM 01-19-2014
Originally Posted by CrackerJacks:
I have achilies tendonitis (it's awful) and my doc says it's prob because I'm on my feet all day, barefoot inside and flip flops outside. He says flip flops are the worst thing you could wear. Suggested wearing something like a wedge or clog, something with a little heel to take the pressure off. Now I usually wear crocs outside, but I still don't wear shoes inside
Sorry about the foot condition. I can only imagine how painful that would be!

Regarding the wedge heel - I find the flip-flops that have a heel. I can NOT wear the flat ones. My calves and shins start hurting. Mine are about 1/2 inch thick at the toe, and 1.75 inch thick at the heel. Sooo comfortable. And I only wear them ONE (extended) summer. They get indents in them and start to be not as comfortable, so I get new ones the next Spring.
Leigh 02:49 PM 01-19-2014
I have high arches and plantar fasciitis. I wear Dansko shoes mostly. I also like Earth brand and Sanita. Usually, in the house, I prefer to be barefoot, but I can't tolerate it, so I keep a pair of sandals with a 2 inch heel (slides-I can't wear flip-flops or thong sandals) to slide on when my feet are bothering me.
Reply Up