Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kidkare Unpaid Invoice....
MissAnn 06:18 AM 08-07-2017
I texted a parent to remind them to pay. They said they did and even sent a screen shot. KidKare still has it as unpaid. Sent in a ticket....but you know how that is with KidKare.

I'm wondering if this could be insufficient funds? I really need to be paid!
284878 09:22 AM 08-07-2017
Have you checked with your bank?
hwichlaz 09:23 AM 08-07-2017
I don't do epay with kidkare but I did for a while with minute menu. Does it take forever to get put into your account like it did with minute menu? I didn't want to wait 4-5 business days for it to make it into my account anymore.

Is it possible that that's part of the problem...just their slow payment system?
MissAnn 10:25 AM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by 284878:
Have you checked with your bank?
I will but it's too early to show up.
MissAnn 10:27 AM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
I don't do epay with kidkare but I did for a while with minute menu. Does it take forever to get put into your account like it did with minute menu? I didn't want to wait 4-5 business days for it to make it into my account anymore.

Is it possible that that's part of the problem...just their slow payment system?
The payment will show paid immediately after a parent pays. And yes.....still takes forever. If a parent pays Monday after about noon, I won't see it till the next week.
284878 02:15 PM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
The payment will show paid immediately after a parent pays. And yes.....still takes forever. If a parent pays Monday after about noon, I won't see it till the next week.
Then why do you use it?
I use Venmo and I have money in my account the next morning, even if they pay after five plus no fees.
MissAnn 03:05 PM 08-07-2017
Then why do you use it?
I use Venmo and I have money in my account the next morning, even if they pay after five plus no fees.
I don't mean no if it takes awhile. I still get payments each week. I do want it to be reliable though. I like all my accounting to be in one place.
MissAnn 03:06 PM 08-07-2017
I got a reply from the ticket. It just gave directions how to record a payment. This was no help at all. I sent a reply to the ticket and let them know this did not solve my problem and explained again. Then they sent an email back to say my ticket is closed. Ugh
284878 08:08 PM 08-07-2017
I don't mean no if it takes awhile. I still get payments each week. I do want it to be reliable though. I like all my accounting to be in one place.
Honestly, you all are devoted to a crappy program that you pay for. When there are free sites out there like Wave.com or software like Quicken/ QuickBooks that will do the same without all this stress. If Kidkare was human, I would be telling you to get out of the abusive relationship because if they actually cared about you, they would not be treating you like this and would not have so many issues.

Sorry but I just do not get your devotion to this program. I never have to chase my deposit with Venmo.
LysesKids 08:13 PM 08-07-2017
Honestly, you all are devoted to a crappy program that you pay for. When there are free sites out there like Wave.com or software like Quicken/ QuickBooks that will do the same without all this stress. If Kidkare was human, I would be telling you to get out of the abusive relationship because if they actually cared about you, they would not be treating you like this and would not have so many issues.

Sorry but I just do not get your devotion to this program. I never have to chase my deposit with Venmo.
I have never had to chase my payment with Square either... granted I pay some fees, but I get my $$ within 24 hrs. I just take the fees off on taxes when I file... Heck the fact I can take CC is why some parents use me for Drop-in care; and yes, I even have a chip reader
284878 08:26 PM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I have never had to chase my payment with Square either... granted I pay some fees, but I get my $$ within 24 hrs. I just take the fees off on taxes when I file... Heck the fact I can take CC is why some parents use me for Drop-in care; and yes, I even have a chip reader

hwichlaz 08:46 PM 08-07-2017
I don't use kidkare's epay at all anymore. I just use it for accounting since it keeps everything in one place and my food program uses it.
Meeko 07:08 AM 08-08-2017
I wouldn't trust Kidkare with anything! They still have endless problems with just the food program side of things. I would never, ever trust them with money related stuff.

I love Venmo. Free for both parties and I get my money in my account the next day. Love it. I get notified by text the second a parents makes a payment, so I never worry about "if" they paid or not.
CalCare 07:27 AM 08-08-2017
so, how do we get started with venmo? Thanks
hwichlaz 08:48 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by CalCare:
so, how do we get started with venmo? Thanks
venmo.com takes 5 min You download the app on your phone, then go through the prompts to set up an account....or you can set up your account on your computer at the website (it's easier for me with a keyboard).

My ex pays childsupport every month with venmo. I hit the withdraw button and it's in my checking account the very next morning.
sharlan 10:07 AM 08-08-2017
Off topic - but can I say I really don't care for kidkare? I still can't do my billing on it. I go back to MinuteMenu for my invoices. Customer service sucks!
Cat Herder 10:12 AM 08-08-2017
I thought venmo was just paypal (who owns it) with emojis and shock value public invoices used by teens.

I considered zelle, but when you sign up it makes you accept an acknowledgement that it is not for business use.
MissAnn 10:21 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Off topic - but can I say I really don't care for kidkare? I still can't do my billing on it. I go back to MinuteMenu for my invoices. Customer service sucks!
So do you pay for that? It can still do online invoices and payments?
Cat Herder 10:26 AM 08-08-2017
So do you pay for that? It can still do online invoices and payments?
Only until October, then we are hosed.
lovemydaycare0912 11:10 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I thought venmo was just paypal (who owns it) with emojis and shock value public invoices used by teens.

I considered zelle, but when you sign up it makes you accept an acknowledgement that it is not for business use.
Oops. I did not realize this and just put into my contract I would accept Zelle. Grrrr
Cat Herder 11:59 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
Oops. I did not realize this and just put into my contract I would accept Zelle. Grrrr
I don't know what the consequence is because I did not have time to read the whole contract and separate signature form my bank required (USAA). I felt more secure with it because it is FDIC insured and backed by my bank but did not want to be dishonest, either. I am not sure what the deal is.
sharlan 12:20 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Only until October, then we are hosed.
Correct.
Hmcdaycare 03:40 PM 12-30-2017
I just started accepting Zelle for parents. I absolutely love it! Its instant. So simple and easy to use. The parents love not having to write out checks or stopping at the ATM. I haven't read anything about it not being for businesses. I have only one issue and its on kidkare. How do I enter the payment on the invoice when there are only 2 options cash or check?
CityGarden 10:13 PM 12-30-2017
Do you use Square for invoices as well? I would like to switch from Brightwheel for 2018 as I am only using Brightwheel for payments since I do not like it for parent communication. I like the idea of Square since people know and trust it but I like them being able to pay remotely so I never really need to discuss funds/billing with them.
LysesKids 12:34 AM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
Do you use Square for invoices as well? I would like to switch from Brightwheel for 2018 as I am only using Brightwheel for payments since I do not like it for parent communication. I like the idea of Square since people know and trust it but I like them being able to pay remotely so I never really need to discuss funds/billing with them.
I don't do the invoice section... My parents literally just swipe their card at Drop off when fee is due. The swiper just plugs into your smart phone, you punch in a few #'s after pulling up the APP & they sign on the phone with their finger. The receipt automatically goes to their phone or email (you set up how the receipts look in Square.com online)
CityGarden 08:24 PM 12-31-2017
I don't do the invoice section... My parents literally just swipe their card at Drop off when fee is due. The swiper just plugs into your smart phone, you punch in a few #'s after pulling up the APP & they sign on the phone with their finger. The receipt automatically goes to their phone or email (you set up how the receipts look in Square.com online)
Okay thanks!!! That is insightful.
LysesKids 06:57 AM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
Okay thanks!!! That is insightful.
The best part is I can go online & pull up all the payments for the year & print off for taxes. If parents use the same card all the time Square remembers the initial info & will just list it by parent too
Tags:kid kare, kid kare issues, kidkare, kidkare issues, mmk vs kidkare, paypal
Reply Up