Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>An Idea That Might Work In Lots Of Ways
Josiegirl 04:24 PM 01-10-2014
I found an idea where you make a simple cube shape, using 6 6" squares of cardstock, taping them together with packing tape after stuffing with newspaper(still not very sturdy so it won't last long if kids think stepping on it is fun). We made one and created a different physical activity for each side. Then they roll or toss like a dice, and do what it lands on. They had a ball! But then I'm thinking, wonder if it would work if I made separate cubes for things like clean-up time, such as pick up all the books, put all the babies to bed, etc.
Sugar Magnolia 04:40 PM 01-10-2014
Oh that is a cute idea! I like this Yes, clean up cube is brilliant. Or jobs like line leader, door holder, snack helper, etc.
Crazy8 05:20 PM 01-10-2014
reminds me of a toy/game we have. Not sure if the one I have is this exact brand but its the same concept as this…. http://www.amazon.com/Thinkfun-Roll-.../dp/B0070A9OUA

You have a soft colored cube and the cards have a color and activity on them - so if it lands on red everyone has to stomp their feet, on green clap their hands, blue spin around, etc. etc.
AcornMama 05:52 PM 01-10-2014
I made something like this, only mine is big. I used a box with sides about 12 inches square. I used packing tape to affix a different color of construction paper to each side. Then I wrote a different "exercise" on each square, like hop on one foot, hop backwards, run in place, stuff like that. My dcks love it! They can't read the instructions, but absolutely love having an excuse to throw a big box! We call it the exercise box.
Childminder 08:12 PM 01-10-2014
Discovery Toys has one made of fabric that has a different color on each side. When tossed and color on top child chooses a corresponding card from pile and performs the activity.
Stepping 04:59 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I found an idea where you make a simple cube shape, using 6 6" squares of cardstock, taping them together with packing tape after stuffing with newspaper(still not very sturdy so it won't last long if kids think stepping on it is fun). We made one and created a different physical activity for each side. Then they roll or toss like a dice, and do what it lands on. They had a ball! But then I'm thinking, wonder if it would work if I made separate cubes for things like clean-up time, such as pick up all the books, put all the babies to bed, etc.
Using it for clean up time is genius! I'm making one tomorrow, my kiddos have been awful at picking up after themselves since the holidays.
daycarediva 05:02 PM 01-13-2014
Stealing as well! Love it!!!
Tags:activities
Reply Up