Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Baby Waking
Catalina 12:26 PM 01-09-2018
Would you let a new 9 month old who wakes after 15-20 minutes of napping stay in the pack n play for the duration of the napping period or get up? My nap time is from 1-3pm and this baby takes a short nap at 9am as well. He’s not crying hysterically but just whining on and off. He’s not going back to sleep though and he’s disturbing the others. I have gone in on previous days and patted his bottom to try to soothe him back to sleep and give him some reassurance but this enrages him! I don’t have space to give him a separate napping area. And I need a break!
Cat Herder 01:02 PM 01-09-2018
Before 12 months I put them back down on the floor, in an individual confined play space, if awake after 20 minutes.

Infants don't have a set nap time.
Mom2Two 01:11 PM 01-09-2018
What are your state regs? In ours (Utah) we are asked to let < 2 yo nap and eat on their own schedule, we are asked to give awake < 2 yo positive interaction at least every 20 mins, and we aren't allowed to leave in equipment > 30 minutes, so here, we would not be allowed to do what you described, and for good reasons.

That doesn't mean that we don't do any training, especially of older kids. My toddler has a nap and meal schedule. But for an infant, I think that it would be in the child's best interest to be more flexible. It doesn't sound realistic to try to train an infant to a 2 hour nap once a day.
HappyEverAfter 01:12 PM 01-09-2018
Under 12 months mine don’t follow the group nap schedule. Around 9 months I begin working towards them following the group schedule in that they start going down at the same time as the bigger kids but if they wake fully before the nap period is over I will go ahead and get them up and try to quietly entertain them until the nap period is over.
Catalina 01:59 PM 01-09-2018
All makes sense and sounds less stressful. Thanks, all!
Unregistered 07:41 PM 01-28-2018
I will nap infants in a separate area from the rest of the kids and if they wake up before nap time is done, I give them about 10 to 15 minutes before I will go in and get them. Then we might have a bottle I have some play time you're my dining room table on the floor until now 10 is done for the older kids.
Unregistered 07:42 PM 01-28-2018
I will nap infants in a separate area from the rest of the kids and if they wake up before nap time is done, I give them about 10 to 15 minutes before I will go in and get them. Then we might have a bottle, have some play time near my dining room table on the floor until nap is done for the older kids.
Tags:interruption - sleep, napping issues, pack n play
Reply Up