Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Infant Starting
MsLaura529 03:50 AM 01-13-2014
Eeek! I have an 2 month old starting today. Not going to lie ... I'm a little bit nervous.

Wish me luck, please
BumbleBee 04:40 AM 01-13-2014
Good luck!
MotherNature 05:16 AM 01-13-2014
Good luck! I have a 4 month old due any minute. It's his 4th day. He's breastfed & taking a bottle fine, but mom's working on getting him to take a pacifier so he falls asleep easier. Hope today is easier.
Happily_wed 07:47 AM 01-13-2014
I will have a two month old starting the first week in March and it makes me nervous too! Good luck!
MsLaura529 10:29 AM 01-13-2014
Thanks ladies.

Well, the first hour was fantastic, haha. Then I found out she won't stay asleep in the pack n play, every time she started to fall asleep somewhere I would transfer her to the pack n play and it was instant crying. She got bored of things very quickly, and has a fairly loud cry. She of course wanted to be held while I was cleaning up lunch and getting other kids ready for nap, so that was exciting haha. So far I'm very happy that this first week she is only coming 3 days before starting full time next week. Hopefully she (and i)used to it all soon.
melilley 10:35 AM 01-13-2014
Awwww, glad it went well, except for the no sleeping in the pnp!

I have on starting in Feb. It's been like a 6-7mo. since I've had infants and I'm going to be nervous!
Jack Sprat 11:42 AM 01-13-2014
I was so nervous when dcg started at 7 weeks. She has been a dream!! I also talked to Nanny De. A HUGE help!

OP-try swaddling her. Dcg mom thought she didn't like to be swaddled but, she does and sleeps much better and longer when swaddled.
Blackcat31 12:10 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by Jack Sprat:
I was so nervous when dcg started at 7 weeks. She has been a dream!! I also talked to Nanny De. A HUGE help!

OP-try swaddling her. Dcg mom thought she didn't like to be swaddled but, she does and sleeps much better and longer when swaddled.
Check you regs first. Not all states allow swaddling.

I have found that the infants between 2-3 months aren't so hard (they make me SUPER nervous though) but it's the 4-6 month old infants that I always have a hard time with.

They WANT to play but can't do much on their own so they really really want that adult at their beck and call.

I have really laid off taking infants as of the last several years because of the liability and the fact that their needs are immediate.... that makes the day tough for the rest of the kids.

Glad your day went well so far!!

I think it's really important to talk with the parents and see if they can work on feeding/nap times etc to really coordinate with your daily schedule as much as possible. Especially if the baby is a full timer.
Christina72684 02:19 PM 01-13-2014
We have twin 2 month olds, 2 four month olds, and a 6 month old. Plus 2 kids that just turned one, and 4 kids between 1-2 years old. My mom runs that building while I run the preschool. Not sure how she does it with all the screaming and crying at the same time, but somehow she survives Oh and we're gonna get a 4-6 week old very soon.
Jack Sprat 07:07 PM 01-13-2014
Halo sleep sack is what I use for swaddling.
MsLaura529 04:12 AM 01-14-2014
Originally Posted by Jack Sprat:
Halo sleep sack is what I use for swaddling.
I will be getting one of these. DCM said this baby LOVES to be warm.
daycarediva 04:20 AM 01-14-2014
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
We have twin 2 month olds, 2 four month olds, and a 6 month old. Plus 2 kids that just turned one, and 4 kids between 1-2 years old. My mom runs that building while I run the preschool. Not sure how she does it with all the screaming and crying at the same time, but somehow she survives Oh and we're gonna get a 4-6 week old very soon.
God Bless your mother. Seriously, that is hard work right there!
kitykids3 04:49 AM 01-14-2014
I haven't had any infants in 8 months and had a 7week old start last week and then I'll have a 10 week old start in 2 weeks. I was a little nervous too, but I now remember I love having the little babies. Good luck!
Reply Up