Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Day Off ...
MsLaura529 09:55 AM 01-27-2014
I strained my bicep yesterday afternoon shoveling (we had a 3 foot drift covering half of our driveway). Couldn't even lift my coffee cup this morning. Had to call my parents and close for the day. I feel HORRIBLE for having to close, but they all seemed to understand and were ok with it (one mom even said "oh thank you, I was just sitting here trying to decide whether or not I actually wanted to make the drive in to work today"). Hoping I can rest it enough today (still hard to do with my own 2 kids home) to be able to lift the baby tomorrow.
littlemissmuffet 10:11 AM 01-27-2014
Oh no, sorry to hear. Don't feel bad though. You're only human.
Personally, if I felt ok to work tomorrow but not quite well enough to lift and carry baby then I'd open for the other families but let parents of baby know you aren't yet ready for the infant to return.
MsLaura529 10:17 AM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
Oh no, sorry to hear. Don't feel bad though. You're only human.
Personally, if I felt ok to work tomorrow but not quite well enough to lift and carry baby then I'd open for the other families but let parents of baby know you aren't yet ready for the infant to return.
I was thinking about that possibility, but the infant is part of a sibling set, so I'm not sure how that would work. And I have a 2-yr-old who is the same size as my 3 yr olds, still sleeps in a pack n play, and often requires lifting throughout the day to remove him from problems... Hoping my own two take good naps today so that I can just lay on the couch with a heating pad wrapped around my arm and get it back to normal.
littlemissmuffet 12:32 PM 01-27-2014
If you have to take off tomorrow as well don't sweat it. Better to take the time to heal than reinjure and take even more time later.
melilley 03:17 PM 01-27-2014
Oh no! I hope your arm is better soon! This darn snow/weather! School is closed again tomorrow!
Tags:day off, provider - injury
Reply Up