Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Meals......
MissAnn 07:43 AM 12-20-2014
Please share your kids favorite meals.....especially healthy ones! I need new ideas!
TPlumley 09:22 AM 12-20-2014
Scrambled eggs!
Givingthemgrace 09:39 AM 12-20-2014
Mini pizzas on whole wheat English muffins, grilled cheese, chicken quesadillas, turkey burgers, lasagna-fast if you can reheat it anyway, coconut chicken-it's chicken breast dipped in flour, egg, then half Panko to half shredded coconut, cook the pieces in oil on stove. Crockpot honey sesame chicken (check Pinterest) with rice and broccoli.
Leigh 10:26 AM 12-20-2014
Shrimp scampi, meatballs, homemade pizza, and skillet lasagna are the favorites here.
nothingwithoutjoy 06:48 PM 12-20-2014
Originally Posted by TPlumley:
Scrambled eggs!
That's funny--the first thing that came to my mind, too, was scrambled eggs. But I usually do "green eggs" (any kind of greens, lightly sauteed, then mixed in the blender w/the eggs before cooking them)--still a hit, and a good way to get the greens in. This time of year, that's usually accompanied by roasted winter squash.
Unregistered 06:54 PM 12-20-2014
Lots of noodles/pasta dishes using turkey/beef/chicken/pork (sometimes ground cheaper): chow fun, yakisoba, chow mien, pasta salad, spaghetti, macaroni, linguini
Rachel 12:21 AM 12-22-2014
I cook simple and healthy. Chicken breast with veggies & rice (cooked all togehter in a bit of tomato sauce), meatballs or shepard's pie, chicken soup (deconstructed, less mess, we eat the broth), turkey meatloaf or burgers (have a kid allergic to chicken this year so I am getting more creative), homemade hamburgers from ground turkey or beef, fish baked in water, covered, with just a bit of lemon juice. Sides are cooked pasta, rice, or potatoes and frozen veggies just cooked in a pyrex measuring cup in water in the micro.
daycarediva 06:53 AM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by Rachel:
I cook simple and healthy. Chicken breast with veggies & rice (cooked all togehter in a bit of tomato sauce), meatballs or shepard's pie, chicken soup (deconstructed, less mess, we eat the broth), turkey meatloaf or burgers (have a kid allergic to chicken this year so I am getting more creative), homemade hamburgers from ground turkey or beef, fish baked in water, covered, with just a bit of lemon juice. Sides are cooked pasta, rice, or potatoes and frozen veggies just cooked in a pyrex measuring cup in water in the micro.
I do a lot of these, too.

Hot ham and cheese
Honey mustard ckn nuggets. Ckn tenderlois (dipped in honey mustard instead of egg, then bread crumbs)
Diced chicken in organic mac & cheese with peas, fruit side
ANY and ALL soups. Broccoli cheddar, chicken noodle, chicken and wild rice, cauliflower, baked potato.
any pasta dish
they love making their own pizzas, I buy mini wheat crusts and have them pop the toppings on
jenboo 08:50 AM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:
That's funny--the first thing that came to my mind, too, was scrambled eggs. But I usually do "green eggs" (any kind of greens, lightly sauteed, then mixed in the blender w/the eggs before cooking them)--still a hit, and a good way to get the greens in. This time of year, that's usually accompanied by roasted winter squash.
I tried this today! Usually I do a veggie egg scramble but they always eat around the veggies.
They were a little hesitant at first but I added some ketchup and called them Christmas eggs. They ate most of them. Hopefully with more exposure, I can get rid of the ketchup.
heyhun77 09:43 AM 12-22-2014
The current favorites here are:

Broiled Salmon with Qunioa Butternut Squash Salad
Grilled Chicken Breast with Brown Rice and Stir Fry Vegetables
Noodles with Homemade Tomato Sauce and Turkey Meatballs
Vegetable Egg Scramble (usually spinach, red pepper, green onions, sometimes ham pieces and then shredded Parmesan cheese) with toast
Muffins with Plain Greek Yogurt and Mixed Berries
Stepping 11:35 AM 12-22-2014
My kids love pesto pasta! I use whole wheat pasta to keep it on the healthier side.
AmyKidsCo 12:44 PM 12-22-2014
Homemade chicken nuggets, cheese quesadilla on whole wheat tortilla, mac & cheese (homemade or organic), spaghetti.
Unregistered 04:45 PM 12-26-2014
Chicken Alfredo with homemade Alfredo sauce (it's really easy!)

French toast casserole made with Brownberry Oatnut bread or Ezekiel bread. It has to be a little firmer bread or it gets too mushy. Just lay bread in a baking pan, beat eggs with milk, pour over bread, bake.

Homemade cream of tomato soup and grilled cheese

Picnic lunch-cuke and sweet pepper slices, dip, fruit, cheese slices or cottage cheese, yogurt and crackers.

Hot ham or turkey and cheese

Egg/potato/cheese skillet meal. Yum!
Reply Up