Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>You Have To Watch If You Are Or Wish To Have A Play Based Program!
melilley 07:49 AM 04-26-2015
I remember that I responded to a thread a couple of days ago about someone being confused about play based programming and whether or not they were. There were a lot of responses, including from me. This video shows a true play based, child led program. It is awesome.
Now only if we all had the space to do something like this!

https://vimeo.com/28871572
childcaremom 08:59 AM 04-26-2015
Oh my. Love it!

My dd was watching with me and wants to go there

A lot of great ideas. Thanks for sharing!
Josiegirl 12:01 PM 04-26-2015
That left me speechless. *I* want to go there!! The gondola, the custom built table where the kids can get right inside.....just everything!!

Bev Bos, isn't she the Ooey Gooey lady?
childcaremom 12:50 PM 04-26-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
That left me speechless. *I* want to go there!! The gondola, the custom built table where the kids can get right inside.....just everything!!

Right! The gondola is so amazing. I've started checking kijiji for stuff
Unregistered 04:07 PM 04-26-2015
Wow what a beautiful place. Makes me wish I had a center and not provide care in my rental home so I have more opportunities to build things like this and foster more exploration
kendallina 06:26 PM 04-26-2015
So great, thanks for posting. I was able to see her speak once at a conference and she's so inspiring, love it!
Unregistered 02:46 AM 04-27-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:

No, Lisa Murphy is the O G Lady! Both are great creative souls!
Josiegirl 03:19 AM 04-27-2015
Oh thank you!! I should've known that.
I'd love to see either one at a conference. Both are great!
originalkat 06:21 AM 04-27-2015
That was an awesome place! I get nervous around so much clutter (even if it is enriching) so I would love to expand on this but in a little more organized or simplistic way. But I do LOVE it. Thanks for sharing!
LindseyA 06:34 AM 04-27-2015
This is absolutely amazing! Makes me dream for sure!
alicia@home 10:02 PM 05-30-2015
I LOVE THIS! And it will be the perfect philosophy for my son who is a bit of a wild child. But, at the same time, that is my question. He is wild...So, how do they handle disagreements between children?

How do they handle discipline? Children are not always perfect. Does it turn into "little boy justice" and let them duke it out? Idk if that would work...

Also somebody said they leave art supplies out. How does that work? Are there rules?

Somebody was also posting about an alternative learning environment that their child was in, how did they operate?

Any feedback is appreciated!! I really want to make this work for us
Thank you.
Unregistered 01:25 AM 05-31-2015
http://www.rosevillecp.org/faq/
This is the link to the 'FAQ' page on the website of the cooperative preschool the video is about. This addresses guidance and school readiness... If you want to find a school like this in your area, maybe you could google 'cooperative preschool' and the name of your town... I'm sure there will be no duking it out children will be supervised and guided at all times just like a center that doesn't have a parent volunteer component. I'd love to hear if you found something!
Tags:play based vs planned curriculum
Reply Up