Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Weirdest Lady Ever Yesterday...
MamaBear 01:05 PM 07-12-2011
I had a lady call me last week that was scheduled to tour on Friday afternoon when the kids would be gone for the day. She had my address for her appointment. She no-showed so she was completely off my list of possibilities. Once you no-show your on my poop list.

I completely forget about her and she never called until Monday morning (yesterday). She asked if she could come over right then and I told her no... I was busy with the kids, I had filled my last infant space AND my hours werent going to work for her anymore (she tells me during this phone conversation that she wanted till 6pm - I close at 5pm).

So a few hours later, about 4pm, I had one daycare girl left and I was cleaning up when the doorbell rings. I answer it and it was HER!!!! She says "Hi I was in the neighborhood so I thought I'd just come by!" REALLY?!?! I was shocked. Who does that?

I was stunned and realized who she was once she said her name. She started taking her shoes off outside my door and I quickly told her that "she couldnt come in.... she doesn't have an appointment, she needed to call first AND I dont have a space anyway!" Meanwhile she puts her 18 month old daughter down and little girl goes darting down my hallway! The little girl runs over to my DCG and yanks a toy out of her hand which causes her to push her and my DCG starts to cry.

I was so upset when I saw this!... I told her "I am in shock that you just came without an appointment... You know I dont have a space & your hours werent going to work here anyway AND you no-showed for your appointment on Friday. So I'm sorry, but you'll have to leave." She asked if she could just look around and I said "no, like I said you dont have an appointment... I dont do tours during the day and you gotta go".

So now I had to chase her daughter down my hallway because the mom was standing outside my door. I picked her daughter up - who had a HUGE FULL pee diaper hanging down to her knee caps & handed her to her mother & said "ok - bye bye"...

She was giggling the whole time and apologized while leaving and said she'd call me later to reschedule. Um Okay! What the heck?! I've never had that happen. I WISH I hadn't even answered the door, but it looked like one of my daycare moms thru the peep hole... so as soon as I opened it I was like "who the heck is this?"... I haven't had someone just assume they could show like that in years... especially after they have no-showed and knew I cant accommodate them & their hours anyway. Crazy!
Meeko 01:11 PM 07-12-2011
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
I had a lady call me last week that was scheduled to tour on Friday afternoon when the kids would be gone for the day. She had my address for her appointment. She no-showed so she was completely off my list of possibilities. Once you no-show your on my poop list.

I completely forget about her and she never called until Monday morning (yesterday). She asked if she could come over right then and I told her no... I was busy with the kids, I had filled my last infant space AND my hours werent going to work for her anymore (she tells me during this phone conversation that she wanted till 6pm - I close at 5pm).

So a few hours later, about 4pm, I had one daycare girl left and I was cleaning up when the doorbell rings. I answer it and it was HER!!!! She says "Hi I was in the neighborhood so I thought I'd just come by!" REALLY?!?! I was shocked. Who does that?

I was stunned and realized who she was once she said her name. She started taking her shoes off outside my door and I quickly told her that "she couldnt come in.... she doesn't have an appointment, she needed to call first AND I dont have a space anyway!" Meanwhile she puts her 18 month old daughter down and little girl goes darting down my hallway! The little girl runs over to my DCG and yanks a toy out of her hand which causes her to push her and my DCG starts to cry.

I was so mad and when I saw that I just snapped... I told her "I am in shock that you just came without an appointment... You know I dont have a space & your hours werent going to work here anyway AND you no-showed for your appointment on Friday. So I'm sorry, but you'll have to leave." She asked if she could just look around and I said "no, like I said you dont have an appointment... I dont do tours during the day and you gotta go".

So now I had to chase her daughter down my hallway because the mom was standing outside my door. I picked her daughter up - who had a HUGE FULL pee diaper hanging down to her knee caps & handed her to her mother & said "ok - bye bye"...

She was giggling the whole time and apologized while leaving and said she'd call me later to reschedule. Um Okay! What the heck?! I've never had that happen. I WISH I hadn't even answered the door, but it looked like one of my daycare moms thru the peep hole... so as soon as I opened it I was like "who the heck is this?"... I haven't had someone just assume they could show like that in years... especially after they have no-showed and knew I cant accommodate them & their hours anyway. Crazy!
How maddening! Good for you for showing her the door. Who just shows up at someone's home, invites themselves in and with a child who's diaper is leaking over? Good grief!
Meeko 01:13 PM 07-12-2011
"Once you no-show your on my poop list".

I have one of those too!
MamaBear 01:15 PM 07-12-2011
I know, right? First she no-shows without any phone call on Friday, then she just shows up unannounced with her daughter with the huge swollen diaper & lets her run in! And still tries to tour... It was unbelievable! I'll probably never forget that and will store it in my "weirdest" daycare experiences ever
PolarCare 01:25 PM 07-12-2011
"Is there some kind of language barrier here?" Honestly, how many different ways can you say NO to one person and still have them plowing right on like you haven't said a word! Maddening!
CheekyChick 01:33 PM 07-12-2011
It sounds like she was mentally unstable when she said she'd call to schedule another visit. Creepy...
cheerfuldom 01:43 PM 07-12-2011
sounds like a mom who just hears what she wants to hear, its like they live in their own world. No means yes, don't come means come, get out means let your kid loose
wdmmom 01:45 PM 07-12-2011
That's comical!

As for the "poop list" yep, a no-call, no-show is the easiest and quickest way for me to say "Buh, bye" to the possibility.

I NEVER give out my physical address until right before the interview. This helps immensely!

In this case, no interview, no tour. Some people are so ignorant! As if we sit here and do nothing all day! Sheesh!
Kaddidle Care 01:48 PM 07-12-2011
"I TOLD you NO!" What a nutter.

Can you just imagine how bad she would have been if you had taken her on?
nannyde 01:50 PM 07-12-2011
Originally Posted by PolarCare:
"Is there some kind of language barrier here?"

Honestly, how many different ways can you say NO?

Ummm let's see

Hugh ugh
no way hosea
nope
no can do

Anyone else????????
PolarCare 02:12 PM 07-12-2011
The daycare mom from hell did the same thing. Set up an appointment, no called/no showed. Then on Monday she called and asked if I had gotten her text regarding rescheduling. I said "No, I didn't get any communication from you whatsoever regarding cancelling or rescheduling."

Long story short, I agreed to reschedule, and did end up taking her kids. Worst mistake ever. She was notorious for being flaky in various ways (showing up early, not showing up on time for pickup after her kids had been here since 7 am, dropping off a sick kid and doping her with fever reducer, etc, and "texting" me mysterious texts that I never got). I finally had to tell her that unless she gets a response, do NOT go ahead and change plans without permission. As in if you do not get an "Okay, that's fine" then it's not okay to leave your kid here til after 8 pm. It's not okay to show up early. It's not okay to bring your puking kiddo.

I really wish I had just taken the initial no call no show as a red flag and dropped her like the crazy potato she is, but instead I took the kids because I knew them from school and liked them. Big mistake.

Im actually taking the summer off after terming these people because dealing with their family was so stressful I just need a break.
cheerfuldom 02:39 PM 07-12-2011
As my 2 year old would say "not no way, not no how"
PitterPatter 04:43 PM 07-12-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:

Ummm let's see

Hugh ugh
no way hosea
nope
no can do

Anyone else????????
Yes my firm no is "Absolutley NOT!"
sharlan 05:06 PM 07-12-2011

Ummm let's see

Hugh ugh
no way hosea
nope
no can do

Anyone else????????
http://users.elite.net/runner/jennifers/no.htm
sharlan 05:07 PM 07-12-2011
I would tell this lady, nope, not happening. Even my 4 yo understands that one.
nannyde 05:10 PM 07-12-2011
whahahahahahahahahaha
PitterPatter 05:11 PM 07-12-2011
That's great! We should all bookmark this incase we have a foriegn family we will at least be able to tell them the most important word if the need should arise!
TBird 06:19 PM 07-12-2011
How about "Naw"....for the country folk and a "" for the city folk!!!
MamaBear 08:12 PM 07-12-2011
"Is there some kind of language barrier here?" Honestly, how many different ways can you say NO to one person and still have them plowing right on like you haven't said a word! Maddening!

She was Korean, but she spoke perfectly good English. I think she was just a HUGE nut case! haha. She had the biggest teeth I'd ever seen by the way... I know that has nothing to do with it, but it was creepy! lol

I normally only give my address to people when they are coming for a tour - and like I said, she was scheduled to come last week so thats why I gave it to her... BUT then all this ca-ca happened. I think for now on, I'll tell the parent that they need to call me right before they come to the tour and THEN I'll give them the address. I guess thats better cause I'll know ahead of time if they will no-show lol.

She was a total weirdoh fer sure!
My Daycare 05:22 AM 07-13-2011
The daycare mom from hell did the same thing. Set up an appointment, no called/no showed. Then on Monday she called and asked if I had gotten her text regarding rescheduling. I said "No, I didn't get any communication from you whatsoever regarding cancelling or rescheduling."

Long story short, I agreed to reschedule, and did end up taking her kids. Worst mistake ever. She was notorious for being flaky in various ways (showing up early, not showing up on time for pickup after her kids had been here since 7 am, dropping off a sick kid and doping her with fever reducer, etc, and "texting" me mysterious texts that I never got). I finally had to tell her that unless she gets a response, do NOT go ahead and change plans without permission. As in if you do not get an "Okay, that's fine" then it's not okay to leave your kid here til after 8 pm. It's not okay to show up early. It's not okay to bring your puking kiddo.

I really wish I had just taken the initial no call no show as a red flag and dropped her like the crazy potato she is, but instead I took the kids because I knew them from school and liked them. Big mistake.

Im actually taking the summer off after terming these people because dealing with their family was so stressful I just need a break.
I did this too. After my 1st daycare year. I don't even count that year. I think of my 1st day as a provider as after that that time off.
Blackcat31 07:00 AM 07-13-2011
MamaBear, I think I have the crazy lady's sister stalking me because just last week I had a woman call and inquire about services for her 7 month old. I told her no, about 2 minutes into the conversation but she kept talking....I should have taken that as a warning. She was a BF'ing mom and wanted to come over and feed every 2 hours. She also worked as a massage therapist so she often had "free" hours during the day where she wanted to come and spend as much quality time with her son as possible WHILE at the daycare and she wanted to only pay for the hours he was here (without her of course...LOL!! I only do daily and weekly rates. She had other specific requests too such as no packaged foods, no microwave use, no processed food, no foods with yellow and red dye #'s ???, no white foods, no cartoon characters or themes, no gender specific toys, books or play activity etc etc....

Anyways I didn't have room or patience for her whole song and dance so I said no and didn't give it a thought. But oddly enough over the last month I have been visited by her mother, 2 of her 7 sisters, her grandmother, the babydaddy (and his other children), the grandfather, the boyfriend and a close personal friend. Seriously!!!!! They have randomly been stopping by and although I have an entryway that does not allow anyone ot actually enter my daycare, I have had to stop what I'm doing and explain to each person that I am not, was not and will not be taking this child!!! Besides, he has enough family members that they can watch him!

What is with some people? Maybe they were raised in one of those environments where their parent never used the word "'NO!"

Just wanted to let you know, you weren't alone...apparently it happens everywhere!
Michelle 07:14 AM 07-13-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
MamaBear, I think I have the crazy lady's sister stalking me because just last week I had a woman call and inquire about services for her 7 month old. I told her no, about 2 minutes into the conversation but she kept talking....I should have taken that as a warning. She was a BF'ing mom and wanted to come over and feed every 2 hours. She also worked as a massage therapist so she often had "free" hours during the day where she wanted to come and spend as much quality time with her son as possible WHILE at the daycare and she wanted to only pay for the hours he was here (without her of course...LOL!! I only do daily and weekly rates. She had other specific requests too such as no packaged foods, no microwave use, no processed food, no foods with yellow and red dye #'s ???, no white foods, no cartoon characters or themes, no gender specific toys, books or play activity etc etc....

Anyways I didn't have room or patience for her whole song and dance so I said no and didn't give it a thought. But oddly enough over the last month I have been visited by her mother, 2 of her 7 sisters, her grandmother, the babydaddy (and his other children), the grandfather, the boyfriend and a close personal friend. Seriously!!!!! They have randomly been stopping by and although I have an entryway that does not allow anyone ot actually enter my daycare, I have had to stop what I'm doing and explain to each person that I am not, was not and will not be taking this child!!! Besides, he has enough family members that they can watch him!

What is with some people? Maybe they were raised in one of those environments where their parent never used the word "'NO!"

Just wanted to let you know, you weren't alone...apparently it happens everywhere!
wow!, I allow bfing in my home but NOT every 2 hours!
Talk about creepy family!
nannyde 08:01 AM 07-13-2011

Put this note on your door:

To the friends, family, doctors, facebook friends, therapist, Feng Shui master advisors, grocers, and parents of _____________ (poor baby's name).

Blackcat Daycare allows only parents of attending children to visit the day care. ______________ was not, is not, and will not attend Blackcat Daycare. For the safety of the attending children, please do not request a visit on his/her behalf.
Blackcat31 08:54 AM 07-13-2011
Put this note on your door:

To the friends, family, doctors, facebook friends, therapist, Feng Shui master advisors, grocers, and parents of _____________ (poor baby's name).

Blackcat Daycare allows only parents of attending children to visit the day care. ______________ was not, is not, and will not attend Blackcat Daycare. For the safety of the attending children, please do not request a visit on his/her behalf.
that's awesome....I just might have to do that!!!
cheerfuldom 08:54 AM 07-13-2011
Blackcat, my mouth is hanging open! How did she get your address? Why in the world would she send all these people over!!!!! What did they say they wanted, like a tour or something??
MamaBear 08:58 AM 07-13-2011
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that has weirdohs calling me for daycare! hahaha
Blackcat31 08:58 AM 07-13-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Blackcat, my mouth is hanging open! How did she get your address? Why in the world would she send all these people over!!!!! What did they say they wanted, like a tour or something??
I'm in a pretty small community so finding my daycare isn't difficult but yes, that is exactly what they wanted, a tour and to see how I do things during the day!

I'm guessing she (the mom) is either dense or she isn't communicating very well with her family so they are obviously not in the know about her being told "NO!!" or maybe the mom is too busy "touring" other care places to tell everyone in her family that I am NOT in the running for a possible child care choice!

I just shake my head because every year people seem to get stranger and stranger......
PeanutsGalore 10:27 AM 07-13-2011
I'm in a pretty small community so finding my daycare isn't difficult but yes, that is exactly what they wanted, a tour and to see how I do things during the day!

I'm guessing she (the mom) is either dense or she isn't communicating very well with her family so they are obviously not in the know about her being told "NO!!" or maybe the mom is too busy "touring" other care places to tell everyone in her family that I am NOT in the running for a possible child care choice!

I just shake my head because every year people seem to get stranger and stranger......
I blame it on drugs. Seriously.
SilverSabre25 11:37 AM 07-13-2011

Shhh....::whispers:: It's the aliens. They're taking over our minds ::looks nervously from side to side::

:: puts on foil hat::
Tags:no show, weird
Reply Up