Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Inexpensive Blankets And Pillows For Cots?
SunflowerMama 02:38 PM 07-12-2011
I just bough some nap cots from discount school supply. Now I just need some inexpensive pillows and blankets for the cots.

I would need 8 and I was thinking about buying some large lightweight blankets and cutting them into a few blankets but I don't sew and don't have anything the fix the edges.

What do the rest of you do for pillows and blankets for nap cots?
PolarCare 02:45 PM 07-12-2011
At big box stores they usually sell fleece "throws" that are like lap blankets. They're perfect sized for little people and about $5 each. No sewing required.
Hunni Bee 04:05 PM 07-12-2011
We prefer to use crib sheets. They are the perfect size for toddler and preschool-size cots. And they stay on.

We really pretty much use whatever - as long as it can be washed in hot water and dried in a hot dryer, and amounts to a top and bottom layer.

I prefer crib sheets and those furry baby blankets, but my next go to is a fleece throw folded in half so that the child lays on one half and the other half folds over them.
Childminder 06:05 PM 07-12-2011
I make my sheets from cheap fabric and elastic or old sheets cut up. The blankets are made from fleece fabric that I buy when our local JoAnns has a really good sale on it (usually at the end of winter). Usually about $2 each and the kids always want the 'soft' ones. It is really wide, 60 inches, and I can get two blankets out of each yard and I don't hem them cause they don't fray or ravel.
MamaBear 08:17 PM 07-12-2011
I make mine... I use one yard of material per nap mat... I pick super cute material at the fabric store. It's so simple to make. Just make like a pillow case that slips on... and then there is enough material left over to make a pillow to match I get really cute pastel materials and make them every year or so when they need renewing. Its super easy!l

All you need to make covers for 8 mats is:

1) 8 yards of cute material
2) Sewing machine
3) Thread
4) Pillow stuffing if you will make pillows
5) Measuring tape
MamaBear 08:20 PM 07-12-2011
AND also you could buy nap mats SUPER cheap at Target & Walmart right now with their back to school supplies.
meganlavonnesmommy 03:52 AM 07-13-2011
I use crib sheets to cover the napmats, got at a yard sale. We arent allowed to use pillows or blankets per our licensing rules unless they are over age 3.

But for the older kids I got some at Ikea, lightweight fleece blankets and pillows. They were only a few dollars each.
laundrymom 04:27 AM 07-13-2011
I use throw blankets. No sheets
youretooloud 06:30 AM 07-13-2011
If you have an Ikea nearby, you could get everything you need there, and never have to sew anything. Very cheap, and last forever.
Tags:blanket, cots, cots - pillows, pillows
Reply Up