Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just a Quick Vent
awestbrook713 10:16 AM 09-15-2011
Dcm just came and picked up dcg earlier than normal. Full days in contract are 4 hours up to 8 hrs, half days are anything less than 4 hrs. It was 10 minutes past the 4 hour mark when she called to tell me she was on her way and wanted to send boyfriend over to pick dcg up so she didn't get charged for a full day to which I told her it was already a full day charge. She became quiet and said ok I will be there in a little bit. I'm not trying to nickle and dime her but if I gave up my full day rate every time a parent only went over 10-15 minutes past 4 hrs I would be working for nothing. Sorry I just had to vent more then anything this just made me angry
Blackcat31 10:20 AM 09-15-2011
Originally Posted by awestbrook713:
Dcm just came and picked up dcg earlier than normal. Full days in contract are 4 hours up to 8 hrs, half days are anything less than 4 hrs. It was 10 minutes past the 4 hour mark when she called to tell me she was on her way and wanted to send boyfriend over to pick dcg up so she didn't get charged for a full day to which I told her it was already a full day charge. She became quiet and said ok I will be there in a little bit. I'm not trying to nickle and dime her but if I gave up my full day rate every time a parent only went over 10-15 minutes past 4 hrs I would be working for nothing. Sorry I just had to vent more then anything this just made me angry
I bill according to what space the parents reserve NOT what they use. It works better that way for those situations.
awestbrook713 10:29 AM 09-15-2011
Apparently she got over on the ride here or she was steaming on the inside and keeping it hid well. She is the woman who use to watch my kids when I use to work so she knows what she is doing, probably thought I wouldn't have said anything and just let her get the half day rate but I'm sick of being taken advantage of, no more!!
Tags:rates - fair and reasonable, rates - half day, vent
Reply Up