Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do They Really Change This Fast???
tenderhearts 10:16 AM 12-09-2010
8 mo old dcg went from taking 2 1/2 + hour naps 2x per day. With them suddenly going to 30 min each nap. Do they really change this fast with their naps? She could be teething I suppose, she isn't fussy, isn't drooling but doesn't necessarily mean anything, just very strange.....
nannyde 10:43 AM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
8 mo old dcg went from taking 2 1/2 + hour naps 2x per day. With them suddenly going to 30 min each nap. Do they really change this fast with their naps? She could be teething I suppose, she isn't fussy, isn't drooling but doesn't necessarily mean anything, just very strange.....
They can change fast but their nap times don't.

I decide the nap times. At her age I would have her taking a 1.5 hour nap in the early morning ... up by nineish and then a 2.5 hour nap in the p.m. 12:15 to 2:45
marniewon 11:30 AM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by nannyde:
They can change fast but their nap times don't.

I decide the nap times. At her age I would have her taking a 1.5 hour nap in the early morning ... up by nineish and then a 2.5 hour nap in the p.m. 12:15 to 2:45
What do you do if they wake up and won't go back to sleep? Or worse, scream and wake everyone else up?
marniewon 11:31 AM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I've had one that's all over the board with naps. Go for weeks napping great and then 30min/no naps at all! He's been doing this for months now (he's 14 months now).
nannyde 11:47 AM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by marniewon:
What do you do if they wake up and won't go back to sleep? Or worse, scream and wake everyone else up?
(not including the care of newborns

I go in the nursery every ten minutes or so and check on them. I need to make sure they haven't spit up or poooped. Once I know they are in excellent health then I just recheck them in ten minutes.

I can't make them sleep but I can offer a rest time. We stay on a schedule and I understand that there are times when our schedule isn't agreeable to any number of the kids. I don't take it personally and I don't change the schedule.
tenderhearts 01:50 PM 12-09-2010
She gets up in the morning about 7 am after sleeping through the night. So I always put her down at 9 -9:15, she has always slept at least 2 1/2 hours then her going back down about 1:30 for another 2 or more hours. Seems crazy going from that for months to the next day only 30 min???? Today she wasn't fussing just playing, she played in there for almost an hour then fell back to sleep. I kept checking on her but figured I'd leave her if she wasn't "crying" or "fussing". I thought if I got her up she'd think next time, oh she'll come get me so hopefully that was the right thing to do. Just seems strange.
SilverSabre25 05:46 PM 12-09-2010
Ear infection? Some other illness brewing?

how about developmental milestones, is she working on crawling/standing/cruising?

Could be teething...but that's the sort of thing I'd expect with molars.

She'll probably revert back to normal in a couple weeks. A that age, the naps should definitely be longer. Something's up.
Abigail 09:31 PM 12-09-2010
You should ask if anything has changed at home with her sleep schedule. Maybe they put her to bed when they got home, lol, and woke her up to come back!

Do medications change anything?
Tags:nap length, nap times
Reply Up