Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Landed New Client!!!
SilverSabre25 07:25 PM 05-24-2011
I have had three interviews in the past four days and tonight's client signed up on the spot!! A 3 year old girl...she will balance my group and give my 3.5 yo DD a nice new playmate. She'll be starting next week, barring me having a baby (and please, oh PLEASE, I hope I have the baby before then).

The parents had a reservation about money, though-- she will be on a variable schedule (mom is a fast food manager) and I am not letting them pay only for the days dcg attends, I'm making them pay the full-time rate regardless of attendance.

Their hesitation is making me a bit wary, but I want the girl and need the money, so we'll try it. Hopefully they won't fight me too much on stuff. The girl seems very sweet, very bright, and I really think she and my DD will along very well.
MamaBear 09:03 PM 05-24-2011
Congratulations! Sounds like a sweet girl! I hope it works out
morgan24 04:43 AM 05-25-2011
That's great! Good for standing your ground and having them pay for the week instead of just what they use. I think it's easier when you have 2 close in age so they have someone to play with.
Lilbutterflie 06:56 AM 05-25-2011
I'm jealous! Currently I'm looking to fill all 3 of my spots. I am advertising everywhere it seems, but have only had one hit in almost two weeks.

Good luck with your new family! Let us know how it works out!
momofboys 07:49 AM 05-25-2011
Congrats!!!!! I hope it goes well. Are you not taking any days off after having the baby?
Stacy214 08:48 AM 05-25-2011
Great! Hope it works out for ya!!! Sounds like a nice match.
SilverSabre25 08:57 AM 05-25-2011
Thanks everyone! I've been looking for a good long while now and I hope this family sticks around.

Momofboys, I'm closing daycare for one week, and DH will be here to help for the second week, and after that my sisters will help if I need it. It's going to be hard, but we can't afford to take off any more time (it's unpaid) and my families can't afford much more either. This family knows that I'm likely to have the baby anytime now and has a back-up plan and is fine with it, for which I am grateful.
momofboys 09:19 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Thanks everyone! I've been looking for a good long while now and I hope this family sticks around.

Momofboys, I'm closing daycare for one week, and DH will be here to help for the second week, and after that my sisters will help if I need it. It's going to be hard, but we can't afford to take off any more time (it's unpaid) and my families can't afford much more either. This family knows that I'm likely to have the baby anytime now and has a back-up plan and is fine with it, for which I am grateful.

That sounds good! I was worried you would be right back at it in a few days. Having all that extra help will be good!
daycare 03:50 PM 05-25-2011
Sweet what perfect timing with the little one coming. The extra money will be nice now that you will have a new little one to feed, cloth and diaper!

It sounds like a great match! COngrats and I hope it continues to work out!!
Reply Up