Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It's HOT!!!!
SandeeAR 10:46 AM 07-11-2011
What about where you are? We are expected to hit 103-105. Missed the heat index, but yesterday was about the same and heat index was 112!!!!! Arkansas is hot. Memphis is worse, glad we left there yesterday!!

Blackcat31 10:50 AM 07-11-2011
Northern MN 81.8 degrees but REALLY humid! Every time I go outside, my skin feels like it is pouring off me.....wish it worked for fat ! LOL!!

I think once it gets hot...its just hot...no matter what the thermometer reads.
laundrymom 10:52 AM 07-11-2011
We are 98 today , heat index over 110. We are Soooo staying inside
SilverSabre25 11:18 AM 07-11-2011
90, but with heat index around 100 and a heat advisory. And a wicked big thunderstorm rolling through as we type. And kids woken up prematurely from nap, grumpy, nervous/excited about the storm (each time lightning flashes or thunder booms, some shriek with fear, some with excitement), and climbing the walls like a cat in a dog pound.
nannyde 11:53 AM 07-11-2011
It's a hot humid 91 degrees in Satan's Armpit USA

I HATE hot weather.
Meeko 11:59 AM 07-11-2011
Supposed to be 90 today.....
jessrlee 12:03 PM 07-11-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:

I HATE hot weather.
LOL! I just spit tea all over the screen! We have rain so I am pretty comfy!
SilverSabre25 12:08 PM 07-11-2011

I HATE hot weather.
I guess I shouldn't tell you that the storm that rolled through dropped our temperature by 20 degrees to gorgeous 70...
SandeeAR 12:12 PM 07-11-2011
JEALOUS!!!!!!! Just send the storm. I'll take cooling down to 90!
Christian Mother 12:36 PM 07-11-2011
It's supposed to be 98 today which is a nice change bc we've been having 112 none stop here. Yuk!! It's rained twice which is why it's down today. I hope it just continues to rain bc we need it!!
mom2many 02:54 PM 07-11-2011
Last week was rough here with temps in the 90's...lots of water play, since I have no A/C.
Now we have a much nicer temp of only 72!!!
Cat Herder 03:10 PM 07-11-2011
It was 93* here, today...

Kids have been gone for a while, dinner is put away and it is STILL 87*.
JaydensMommy 03:42 PM 07-11-2011
Central Valley in California... 92 today but it's been more like 100-110 last week. So glad it cooled down a bit this week.
PolarCare 04:42 PM 07-11-2011
It's a lovely 65 degrees in the Mat Su Valley in Alaska. Slightly overcast, but no mosquitos because our neighbor installed some kind of mosquito vanquishing trap in his yard that clears out the mosquitos for half a mile.

My kids are out riding their bikes and I'm loving life. I'm in between clients right now for the summer, and boy am I grateful. I've interviewed and filled my positions for fall, and now I don't have anything stressful to do before mid August except the dreaded School Supply Roundup.

I wish I could hire someone to do unpleasant tasks like this for me. Kinda like people hire me to wipe their kids' bums. I hate school supply shopping and I also don't really like buying back to school clothes. Especially for my tweenaged boys. They're so....tweenaged.
3kidzmama 06:36 PM 07-11-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
What about where you are? We are expected to hit 103-105. Missed the heat index, but yesterday was about the same and heat index was 112!!!!! Arkansas is hot. Memphis is worse, glad we left there yesterday!!

I'm in Arkansas too!! It was 105 today with heat index of 111. HOT!!!!!!!
What part are you in??
rbmom 04:48 AM 07-12-2011

I am in AR too and I agree its just plain HOT!
Country Kids 06:33 AM 07-12-2011
Black, overcast clouds and will be raining by this afternoon according the the weatherman. This is the worst summer for us for the weather. You never know what you will wake up to. We have only been able to do water play once this summer! I just want some nice weather.
nannyde 07:09 AM 07-12-2011
Originally Posted by rbmom:
Arkansas is horrible. It's hot in the winter there.

My moms family is in West Helena. I don't know how our tribe survived that heat.
sharlan 07:20 AM 07-12-2011
It's only 65* here, with 79% humidity. I'll take the heat, but somebody else can take the humidity.
SandeeAR 07:39 AM 07-12-2011
Originally Posted by 3kidzmama:
I'm in Arkansas too!! It was 105 today with heat index of 111. HOT!!!!!!!
What part are you in??
I'm in Conway (orginally from Little Rock)

Where in Arkansas?

Arkansas is horrible. It's hot in the winter there.

My moms family is in West Helena. I don't know how our tribe survived that heat.
LOL, We actually had some really cold weather and 3 day big snow this past winter!
Michelle 07:57 AM 07-12-2011
I am feeling guilty about my good weather so I will shut up.

cuz it's like 78- 85 most of the time!
Hey, but we pay for it! Our mortgage rates are high here in socal!!
O.k., I will shut up!
nannyde 09:08 AM 07-12-2011
We actually had some really cold weather and 3 day big snow this past winter!
Lies
Lies
Lies

Arkansas is a place where it can be 78 degrees and snow at the same time.

I know that for sure.
SandeeAR 10:03 AM 07-12-2011
Lies
Lies
Lies

I know that for sure.

LOL, ARkansas DOES have some strange weather!!!! This past winter, we were really suprised. That was some of the biggest snows my 29 y/o DD could remember!
E Daycare 11:24 AM 07-12-2011
A balmy 105* today in Southern Ohio with eleventybillion % humidity.

Im from WNY and my family is complaining about their 80* with wind off lake Erie. OH DARN! I tell them I dont want to hear it. We are vacationing at home next month when its super hot here and just sortta hot there. I never knew you could actually taste the air until we moved to OH and we lived in LA for a while (not the good part of LA either, more like shreveport. Thats the armpit capital of the world I used to say). Now with the smog and heat advisory I keep the kids in and we watch to make sure the grass doesnt go up in flames.

It stormed here last night too but instead of dropping the temperature it killed the power. Awesome.
rbmom 08:11 PM 07-12-2011
I am in Knoxville which is outside of Russellville so not to far from ya!

I'm in Conway (orginally from Little Rock)

Where in Arkansas?

LOL, We actually had some really cold weather and 3 day big snow this past winter!
[/b]
Country Kids 06:30 AM 07-13-2011
Our high yester day was 66! 66 for July! Huh, makes me so mad because everything is wet, wet, wet, from the rain and it has that cool feel so the kids are cold and not really having fun. I so need a break from being in my childcare room with the kiddo's. Calling for not much better today
SandeeAR 06:57 AM 07-13-2011
I am in Knoxville which is outside of Russellville so not to far from ya!
Well Hi!!! We are only an hour away!
SandeeAR 06:59 AM 07-13-2011
Lies
Lies
Lies

I know that for sure.
I was thinking last night about our wierd Arkansas weather. I remember about 25 years ago, we had tornados on Christmas eve!
rbmom 03:33 PM 07-13-2011
Well Hi!!! We are only an hour away!
I know! Nice to have some "local" ladies!
SandeeAR 04:13 PM 07-16-2011
Heat index today was going up to be 105- 110!!!! Gonna be that way all next week. I don't think we are going to get to go outside until fall!!!!
Tags:extreme weather
Reply Up