Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Are You A....
countrymom 04:30 PM 03-06-2012
hermit. Dcd had to come and pick up a blanky and we got talking about he likes to be a hermit and not be bothered by people, and dh and I are like this too. I like being with my dh and kids, no one else. I like the peace and quiet. I really don't have any close friends, I have some my back up lady and dcm that I'm good friends with, but I perfer to be private. I have this forum and thats all I need. anyone else like this. Oh I live in the country so maybe thats why.
Bookworm 04:40 PM 03-06-2012
I'm a hermit by choice and so is my hubby. I have a few good friends but they all know that I prefer to be by myself. Anyone who knows me knows that you don't just "show up" at my house just because and that I may or may not answer my cell. I used to think I was the odd one but I realized that there are millions of people like this. I think part of this for me is because I've worked in centers for so long, I prefer the quiet and not having to talk. Now you have a kindred spirit.
Breezy 04:43 PM 03-06-2012
I wasn't until I moved away from my family and friends when my husband was stationed here. I like it now though. All I need is my family. And, in a few more years after having a few more kids I will probably miss the peace and quiet I get only having one child!
sharlan 05:38 PM 03-06-2012
In some ways, yes. My family is very important to me and my life revolves around them. Even though my daughters are grown and married, we're very close. One (dd #1) lives here with her dh and kids, the other one (dd #2) lives close by. I care for all the grandkids and dd #2 and family stays for dinner 3 or 4 nights a week.

I have a gf that I talk to on the phone once or twice a week. We try to get together once a month or so. I talk to old neighbors or dcf's occ on facebook. I talk to my mom daily.

My dh has zero contact with anyone outside the family since he lost his job 18 mos ago. He's content with that.
saved4always 05:44 PM 03-06-2012
I am pretty social. I like to visit with neighbors, family and friends. I think that is why I have a little bit of trouble when my childcare business seems too isolated from other people.
Country Kids 06:08 PM 03-06-2012
I'm a very social person but doing childcare is starting to make it so that I really don't like to much. Sometimes I leave to do errands right after work but it rushes me so much so I'm trying to save everything and get it done on the weekends. I'm starting to not like that either though because I just feel so rushed, rushed, rushed to get everything done. I've actually started to stay home sometimes when the family does stuff so I can get things done with the childcare.

I use to always be on the go but not so much anymore. That is why I was asking on another thread if anyone feels life is passing them by with this type of job. I'm very amazed how busy the world is because of being so isolated with this type of job. This job just takes alot of a persons time and really doesn't leave much time for much else.
Sunchimes 07:49 PM 03-06-2012
Oh honey, I come from a long, long line of hermits. My grandfather left the farm every 2 weeks to get a haircut then straight back home. My mom was a hermit, and I have a bachelor uncle that has perfected hermit-ry. I'm better since we moved to town, but when we lived in the country, I would not see or speak to anyone but my husband for 2 weeks, until I had to go to town for groceries. Suited me just fine. I didn't work and had time for gardening, sewing, canning, and other things I enjoyed.

My nephew is the same way. ;-)
PolarCare 02:56 AM 03-07-2012
And it's nice to hear from so many other people who feel the same way.

I have a large family, for one, so I have all the human interaction that I want on a daily basis. When one of my kids doesn't need or want something, frankly, I'm usually grateful for the quiet "me time".

I take the kids to their extracurriculars, and we go do things as a family...I take my little one to the Tots turf time, and the library, and the mommy tot swim. I take the older kids to the pool and to different things they ask to do...but I don't call friends and invite them to join me, and I don't have girlfriends that I hang out with regularly. I'm not really interested in maintaining those types of relationships. I've got plenty of love in my life as it is.

I do have social adult convos with my neighbors once in a while though. I am surrounded by about 5 really nice neighbors at the end of a cul de sac. We have barbecues and stuff in the summer and everyone sort of meanders to our yard. I guess we are the "fun" neighbors. Lol. But that's a few times a year, and that's as close to friends I would count myself as having.
lilcupcakes09 05:30 AM 03-07-2012
I must say I have referred to myself as a hermit on a few occasions I love the fact that I have to be no where each day except at my home. When the evening comes my family & I do things. But I enjoy the fact that when I get up at 630 am I don't have to leave my home, they come to me. People always ask me if it bothers me to stay home all day, sure doesn't! I tell some of them that I do more at home in one day than they do in 9 hours at work! lol
SunshineMama 05:34 AM 03-07-2012
I guess I am too. I have a few close friends, and we do something every other month or so, but I am perfectly content just having family around.

I am sick of being invited to a million things that I really dont want to attend. I will ALWAYS be there for a friend in need, but no, I am not really interested in attending your sister in law's cousin's pampered chef party LOL.
Zoe 06:08 AM 03-07-2012
I am in the fact that I don't like to leave my house for work. I hated it when I was a teacher or going to college. I'd call in a lot! Since I've started daycare, I've had to close once for having the flu. In four years.

I like hanging out with friends but only once a month maybe. I'm more of a homebody I think than a hermit but a lot of what some of you PP still rung true for me. Glad I'm not the only one!
icaredaycare 06:12 AM 03-07-2012
The daycare has really changed me. I live in the city, so it used to be fun to go to a happy hour, or have a random guys night out. But, now i'm always cautious about going out, cause I have to get up at 6 am, and my friends all understand, so they stopped asking me out. Kinda depressing sometimes, but hey, i gotta run my business.
Reply Up