Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>You Get What You Pay For...
busymommy0420 03:35 PM 04-13-2012
I lost a family about 6 weeks ago because my price was too high! The Mom loved my program (field trips, curriculum, no T. V., fenced in playground, arts & crafts) but couldn't afford my rates after a year of coming. She did not like nap time for her daughter either. She gave me notice and left and I since was hired for two more children. I just saw an ad from her on Craigs List looking for childcare... apparently the new cheaper provider parked the kids in front of the T. V. all day. I had to laugh to myself, you get what you pay for LOL! I am full so I wouldn't take her back even if she asked.
Heidi 03:38 PM 04-13-2012
I feel the same way about coffee and chocolate. I'd rather pay double for the good stuff and actually enjoy it!

Beer, too, for that matter....
saved4always 03:52 PM 04-13-2012
Originally Posted by bbo:
I feel the same way about coffee and chocolate. I'd rather pay double for the good stuff and actually enjoy it!

That is for sure! I gotta convice my hubby of that though...he thinks my Keurig habit is way expensive. It is, but a girl has to have her vices...lol! My flavored coffee with some Godiva chocolate truffles would be the ultimate. Of course, now that I think about it, dh's beer of choice is not cheap.
DaisyMamma 05:47 AM 04-14-2012
I love that story, I bet you cant wait to see if she calls!
Ariana 05:49 AM 04-14-2012
Nothing like Karma to bite her in the butt
Countrygal 07:13 AM 04-17-2012

OH, I am soooo with you here! I have gotten so I won't even drink coffee in a restaurant, and the last stuff I ordered I have to mix it to even tolerate it - and I got 5 LOUSY POUNDS of it!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR...............

But about daycare...I've been thinking about it a lot, and it is true. The daycares who don't charge as much don't have the expenses - craft expenses, art expenses, field trip expenses, even food expenses. They don't spend 10 hours a week putting together curriculum and menus.

That's OK. Nothing wrong with them. They provide a service. So do I. A slightly more expensive service. Kinda like a septic man. You get what you pay for. Good post, OP!
wdmmom 07:43 AM 04-17-2012

I buy my beans in a 10 pound bag and pay between $40 and $50 for it but it's so worth it! A bag will last me about a 12-15 months. I'd much rather grind my own beans. This coffee is so strong, you don't need much. That's another great feature!

As for chocolate. I had a daycare family go to Switzerland last year on vacation and they were kind enough to bring me back a bag of chocolate. OH. MY. GOSH! That chocolate ROCKED!!! Wish I could get that everyday!!!
Tags:rates - fair and reasonable
Reply Up