Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contracts
storybookending 11:21 AM 03-31-2018
Just another contract question. I’m starting a new child on Monday to replace one that moved a few states away in January. Mom and dad just dropped off the contract and all of his belongings and it got me thinking.

My contract is about 4 pages of policy and the last page has spaces for contact and emergency phone numbers and the bottom has lines for both parents to sign (or just one if I’m working with just one) and a line for myself to sign. In the past I have given them a blank contract to fill out and return with their other documents and just signed it and put it in the child’s file a few days before or in a few cases in their first day of attendance. Is this what you all do? Or do you give it back to them after you’ve signed it to make a copy if they need? Do you sign it first and then give it to them? Do you make a copy for them afterwards/should I bother if they don’t ask?

I haven’t ever had parents ask as I have so far been able to only enroll children of people I already know personally in some regard. I kind of feel it’s their responsibility to make copies but what good is a copy to them without my signature as well if I don’t sign it first?
storybookending 11:44 AM 03-31-2018
Also do you all have families resign ever year?
Jupadia 11:58 AM 03-31-2018
I wait to sign till after they have signed and initialed each page since my contract includes my policys. If they request a copy I will either copy it or scan it and email it.

No I don't have them resign each year.
Blackcat31 05:11 PM 03-31-2018
I email everything and have parents print and fill forms out and return to me. If they want a copy of anything they can print two copies and bring one to me to sign.

I make all families renew and update (print again) ALL forms in Jan of every year. Always have.

Addresses, jobs and pick up people seem to change more than anything so I think it helps me keep everything current.

Tom Copeland says contract and handbook should always be separate.

Contract is money... who pays when and for what and handbook is your program policies... how you do x,y and z etc.

My handbook is 36 pages and my contract is 1 page.
e.j. 07:25 PM 03-31-2018
I sign the contract after the parents read, initial and return it to me. I then give them a copy. I don't have them renew their contract unless something changes - like hours needed, tuition rate, etc. I also don't renew their handbook unless I make major changes. If I make minor changes, I give them a "Policy Update" notification that they can add to the handbook they have. I have them renew their child's enrollment forms (with name, address, contact info, permissions, etc.) every year.
LysesKids 02:33 AM 04-01-2018
My contract is one page, handbook is 10... contract is just about the $$ like BC said. I have parents read my website (has a handbook/policies page), then contact me if they agree to all policies, they sign the contract in front of me in my home, then I sign; I make a copy of the contract for them afterwards - My original is done in Blue ink, the copy is given in B/W so there is no mistaking it's not the original.

My babes are only here for 12-18 months tops due to aging out before they are 24 months, so no resigns on contracts... I do have an end date listed in the contract, so parents can't say they didn't know when the child must leave
Tags:contracts
Reply Up