Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Passive/Aggressive Parent
lovemykidstoo 05:31 AM 10-04-2018
I have a dcm that is so passive agressive it drives me nuts. She always is making comments that her child says (yea right) to get a point across. This morning she dropped off and said that he was upset yesterday because she picked up too early, he didn't get a chance to play outside. Well, he comes at 11:30, we have lunch, naptime, get up, snack and by then it's nearly 4 and pickups start. Not to mention the weather was crappy yesterday, so yea, sorry we didn't get outside. I doubt very highly that he said anything about going outside. He is 4 1/2 and she treats him like a 2 year old. half the time she carries him from the car to the door, most of the time he cries when she leaves. Still has a pacifier at home. Just is one of those things that bug me. I just ignored the comment and talked to him about something different.
nannyde 05:39 AM 10-04-2018
Best to put it back onto her. "Oh, it was so late in the morning, I thought you had taken him out. If he arrives at eleven he missed out outdoor time. Next time you know. If you are going to come that late in the morning make sure you have some family time outdoors before coming.

If you pick up at four, we aren't outside at that time. It's so important for him to go outside so make sure you two spend some family time outside when you get home. It's really important to him."
lovemykidstoo 05:50 AM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Best to put it back onto her. "Oh, it was so late in the morning, I thought you had taken him out. If he arrives at eleven he missed out outdoor time. Next time you know. If you are going to come that late in the morning make sure you have some family time outdoors before coming.

If you pick up at four, we aren't outside at that time. It's so important for him to go outside so make sure you two spend some family time outside when you get home. It's really important to him."
He comes that day later because he goes to school and I know they go outside for that. I just asked him if mom asked him about going outside or if he just told her. He said she asked him lol. She drills him about his day and wonders why he has anxiety. I do say that about going outside when they get home especially in the winter. I've had a couple of parents give me comments about going outside not realizing how hard it is to get 6 kids in their winter garb to go outside only to have them complain 5 minutes later that they're cold. We do go outside in the winter, but not every day. So I ask them how often they go outside in the winter at home. Usually quiets them down quickly lol
Blackcat31 05:59 AM 10-04-2018
I have had parents that have commented at one time or another about their child not going outside.

My normal reply is simply "Well it's a good thing you have outdoors at your house too!"

Then I look at the daycare child and say "Mom/dad will take you outside when you get home! Have fun! See you tomorrow!"
LittleExplorers 06:36 AM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

My normal reply is simply "Well it's a good thing you have outdoors at your house too!"

Then I look at the daycare child and say "Mom/dad will take you outside when you get home! Have fun! See you tomorrow!"
Love this!
lovemykidstoo 06:44 AM 10-04-2018
I have had parents that have commented at one time or another about their child not going outside.

Love that lol
Unregistered 08:13 AM 10-04-2018
Love these replies
Snowmom 11:22 AM 10-04-2018
Ha.
I actually just said something similar just yesterday.
The weather's been so weird lately that our regular outdoor time has gotten rained out for the last week.
Mom voiced her frustration at pick up that we didn't go out again. It happened to clear up at pick up...so I told her "good thing there's 3 parks to stop at on your way home."
lovemykidstoo 06:19 PM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Ha.
I actually just said something similar just yesterday.
The weather's been so weird lately that our regular outdoor time has gotten rained out for the last week.
Mom voiced her frustration at pick up that we didn't go out again. It happened to clear up at pick up...so I told her "good thing there's 3 parks to stop at on your way home."
love it!!! Imagining moms mouth dropping hahaha
Gemma 04:17 AM 10-05-2018

You kill me!
daycarediva 09:50 AM 10-05-2018

I say the same thing!!!
Tags:blackcat, nannyde, passive aggressive
Reply Up