Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Home Day Care - Giving A Tour/Meeting Parents
Heart2Heart 06:53 AM 10-03-2011
I have dedicated a small portion of my home to my day care. I dont have multiple rooms to show. How have you planned out your tours? I guess what I need is advice on how to present my space without it being so short. I dont just want to say "well, here is the space where the children will spend their time".
godiva83 07:09 AM 10-03-2011
Can you show your backyard play area? Or designated changing area?
Explain what you will be offering the children ex. Our daily routine will look like this, this is where you will find the programming, menus and parent info, it is a good time to go over policies and parent handbook and have a q&a
Ariana 03:28 PM 10-03-2011
I usually just take the parents to the play area and then show them the outside and the bathroom. My space is also small (around 2/3 of my basement). I then have the parents sit and we talk about the contract and any Q&A in the play space. I don't think most parents are expecting a huge space anyway!
Heart2Heart 04:48 PM 10-03-2011
Thanks for the responses. They have helped!
rosieteddy 06:50 AM 05-01-2018
When I interviewed a parent I always had parents only.If child was an infant and they insisted I allowed the child with parent for first interview.Child had to be in parents arms or carrier. I would have all contracts and paperwork ready.We either sat in kitchen at table or living room.I would explain myself,go over the program ,and through the contracts.Then we would tour the childcare area.I would show inside and then stand on deck to show back yard.If after all that parent was interested then I would set up a time to visit with the child.I started doing interviews in the playyard fron 3:45 to 4:15. Total interview should take no more than 1 hour for first ,then up to 30 min with child outside.I liked that because children were more dispersed in the yard and it seemed less intimidating to new child coming in. I DID NOT ALLOW PARENT TO STAY ONCE CARE BEGAN.tHIS WORKED FOR ME .
Tags:interview tour, tour
Reply Up