Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can I Just Get a Call for a 2 and Older....?
Oneluckymom 12:42 PM 04-10-2013
I've had 4 calls today for under 2....why can't I get my last toddler spot filled? So frustrated !!
MNMum 12:44 PM 04-10-2013
hahaha. The only time I do, is if they have 2 other siblings needing care....
greentea78 12:49 PM 04-10-2013
I know what you mean. I have been open 2 months and my 3 under 2 spots filled within a month. I'm still getting calls for those ages. Now I just need calls for over.
Brooksie 12:56 PM 04-10-2013
I feel ya! I checked my messages last night 4 calls for infant positions, one even requesting a spot for March of NEXT year... first off, I can't predict the future and secondly where are all the 2+ year olds?!?!!?
butterfly 02:07 PM 04-10-2013
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
I feel ya! I checked my messages last night 4 calls for infant positions, one even requesting a spot for March of NEXT year... first off, I can't predict the future and secondly where are all the 2+ year olds?!?!!?
They must have called you the second they got preggers, huh? Next March?! Wow.
MsLaura529 02:57 PM 04-10-2013
Can you guys send some of those calls my way?
Patches 08:45 PM 04-10-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
Can you guys send some of those calls my way?
Me too! I'll take the under 2 crowd.
rmc20021 04:36 AM 04-11-2013
I don't necessarily want any under 2, but I'd sure like to be receiving 4 calls in a day. I'd be happy if I got 4 calls in a week, month...it's so slow around here. You've only been open a short time and having that many calls???

I've been open over a year and still waiting to fill my full time spots...all I get are part timers.
daycarediva 04:44 AM 04-11-2013
I hear ya!!! It's slow here too. Just pulled my last kid from my waiting list and I received one call this month, for a sibling set- infant and preschooler that Mom didn't want to split up (I have one opening in June and only take 2+). Mom wanted me to 'reconsider' taking the 'very advanced and is going to be 17 1/2 months in June younger sibling'..... nope.

I really wanted to fill it with a FT'er, but will most likely have to settle for PT and now I have to advertise to even fill it at all!
blandino 05:38 AM 04-11-2013
In the past month we have had a 2.5 year old DCB start, before that it was 3 years ago that we had someone over 2 start !! All the rest have been here since they were infants/toddlers.

In the past week 6 calls for infants, and over the past year 1 for someone over 2.

As much as I would like to get some over 2 calls, this new DCB is reminding me of how hard it is to have a new child start that hasn't grown up with our rules. DCB is sweet and well-behaved, but I forgot about the initial settling in stage.
AmyKidsCo 09:25 AM 04-11-2013
Me too! I have 4 of my 5 paying children leaving (1 infant, 3 over 2) between now and July, and only one 2 yr old scheduled to start... in September!
MarinaVanessa 09:47 AM 04-11-2013
Ha ha, I'm in the same boat. I turn away call after call for people looking for infant care.
Oneluckymom 09:56 AM 04-11-2013
At least I am NOT alone !! I really want to fill this spot. And I'll bet that when my new 6mo old starts in may ...that's when I'll get a call and enroll a new dck so then I'll be caring for a baby AND getting dck adjusted....aaagghh ! MURPHYS LAW !
Reply Up