Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Book Box
kaylee.sears 06:50 AM 03-03-2015
My company has access to used childen's books and we are looking into creating a "book box" to offer to our customers. When we receive the books, they come in boxes of around 50-60 total books. Some are small books, some are chunky , some are paperback, some hard back. Every box is different and contains all different types of children's books.

We are wanting to know what a customer would be willing to pay for a "grab-bag" type box of books. Nothing would be customized and we wouldn't list what books you would be receiving. It would just be a random set of 50-60 books that are general education books from toddler-age 6 or so.

Attached are a few pictures of the books out of one of the boxes that we received this morning. This way you can see the types of books and their quality.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.
Attached: 2015-03-03 09.34.27.jpg (167.4 KB) 2015-03-03 09.30.11.jpg (149.7 KB) 2015-03-03 09.29.31.jpg (86.3 KB) 
butterfly 07:23 AM 03-03-2015
I'd be interested in this. Not sure I'd be willing to pay much for it though, considering I can typically find children's books for a quarter a piece on a rummage sale.
NoMoreJuice! 07:31 AM 03-03-2015
I typically pay 50 cents per board book, and .25 per paperback children's book, and $1 per children's hardback book. A random grouping of 50 that included all of these, I would pay about $25 per box. I have bought book lots from eBay before in this manner, and that's always about what I pay. Hope that helps!
daycare 07:36 AM 03-03-2015
I would not be worried about the price of the books, I would be worried about the cost of the shipping. that is a lot of weight.

I also buy mine at yard sales, book resale, thrift stores, or on amazon with free shipping. The place I buy most of my books is from scholastic
Unregistered 08:09 AM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
I would not be worried about the price of the books, I would be worried about the cost of the shipping. that is a lot of weight.

I also buy mine at yard sales, book resale, thrift stores, or on amazon with free shipping. The place I buy most of my books is from scholastic
Definantly not worth it to those that cater to the younger set like me; why would I need books for 4-6 year olds if all my kids are under 2? I love my bargain books, but i have never had to pay shipping lol
kaylee.sears 08:49 AM 03-03-2015
We are planning free shipping for the box.
Blackcat31 09:55 AM 03-03-2015
Definitely not something I'd be interested in as I love Scholastic and the price of their books simply cannot be beat in my opinion.

Plus you earn points with each order so the classroom benefits too!

Also, I prefer specific books to go along with what ever topic or theme we are currently doing so a grab bag of books is too wide open and wouldn't meet the needs of the group without being able to know what books were being sent....

Scholastic also does a classroom library of 50+ books for like $15-20 which is always a nice grouping as you can see what books are in the "library" so you DO know what you are getting.

I think you have a nice idea but it isn't something I would be interested in and I honestly don't know of any program that is comparable to Scholastic and what they offer.
kaylee.sears 10:12 AM 03-03-2015
Thanks for all the great feedback!
Thriftylady 02:22 PM 03-03-2015
I don't think I would do it either not knowing titles and such. I can pick up cheap books in so many places I could fill my house with them. I keep some here, but we use the library a lot.
Tags:book - containers, book box, storage - books
Reply Up