Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Are You Doing Anything Special On The Last Day Before Christmas??
Scout 04:23 AM 12-21-2012
Just wondering if anyone has special plans for today with the kiddos. I think we will be baking cupcakes & maybe watching a movie with some hot cocoa. They also have their little handprints to paint. Anyone know how long these take to dry? They have been drying for a week so they should be good now!
seebachers 04:26 AM 12-21-2012
We are having "Jammie Day"....watching the Polar Express and drinking "hot" cocoa with our snack. It just happens to coincide with the first day of winter and our first real snow of the year. What a perfect day
Springdaze 04:59 AM 12-21-2012
On Monday I was going to have a little party because I would have a few extra big kids, but one mom said "one more day and we get a long weekend!" I said "your off, and she said. "yep!" ok, thanks for telling me! The other mom said the same thing this morning! so I guess no party!
Binkybobo 05:17 AM 12-21-2012
I had each child bring a wrapped children's bookor coloring book. We will be doing a gift exchange. Yesterday we baked ginerbread houses(flat sheet cakelike) from scratch. Today we willl decorate the houses with icing and candies. Each chid wil go home with a wrapped book, and boxed house! I spent less than $10 I'm so excited! i also let the parents know that the book can be from the dollar store. Doesn't have to be anything fancy.
daycarediva 05:17 AM 12-21-2012
We are also having hot cocoa (in styrofoam cups I decorated like Frosty) watching Polar Express (I made them each tickets) having snowman shaped cheese pizza for lunch and making "Mistletoes" with our feet and a stocking lacing craft.
Meeko 05:21 AM 12-21-2012
We are making cookies and fudge for them to take home for their families. We are also making some easy felt ornaments. Then Christmas movies and treats.

We have a ton of snow and my dining room table is right next to french doors. So we will enjoy looking out at all the snow while we make goodies. Only 10 kids are supposed to be here today.

Then I am off until next Wednesday and even then I only have a 4 kids (instead of 16!) until after the New Year.
DaycareMomma 05:39 AM 12-21-2012
I was supposed to be off today but had a last minute call in, so we're taking it easy today. We did our gift exchange earlier this week and all our holiday baking for parents, so there is nothing left to do. I'm thinking The Polar Express and Christmas music is in order for today.
bunnyslippers 05:50 AM 12-21-2012
Jammie day here, too. Christmas movies, cocoa, crafts. Mostly just me counting down the hours until 3:30! off for 10 days, and so eager to have time with my family. Merry Christmas to all of you ~ cherish one another!
daycarediva 06:02 AM 12-21-2012
Here is the link to the Polar Express tickets that I printed for the kids in case anyone wanted them. They are in AWE of having the same ticket as in the movie. SO CUTE!

http://www.hooverae.com/upload/files...8/1759763.jpeg
Blackcat31 06:21 AM 12-21-2012
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Here is the link to the Polar Express tickets that I printed for the kids in case anyone wanted them. They are in AWE of having the same ticket as in the movie. SO CUTE!

http://www.hooverae.com/upload/files...8/1759763.jpeg
We actually have a Polar Express train that the kids can ride! It is soooooo cool!

http://www.northshorescenicrailroad..../exspecial.asp
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve...oup/budgeteer/

The kids are invited to come in warm cozy pj's and they get to ride on an old train like the Polar Express train. A gal reads the story (or as some say "performs" the story) for the kids. They take the 1 long train ride and get milk and cookies.

It is always sold out for every trip and people travel from a long ways to come ride the train!

I know other places have something similar too and I think it is so cool that they can bring this kind of stuff "alive" for the kids!
laundrymom 06:21 AM 12-21-2012
We are making reindeer food. Having a dance, lazy, goofy day. We got hammered w wind last night and I've not been to bed yet. I had some limbs come down, spent the night clearing from porch & driveway. I'm about to die. Lol. Walmart & meijer lost power from wind so did dh's factory. Ugh. ( not HIS factory. Lol. Just where he works. )
SilverSabre25 06:24 AM 12-21-2012
I am trying to struggle through my last day of work before 5 days off...the longest break I've had in 2.5 years.

Dh is home, and I only have two dcks, and they get here late (just got here at 9:30), and it is cold (yesterday it was fifty...today it is 30s) and windy and snowy. I'm trying to get baking and cleaning done, they are playing, and DH is supervising. We did most of our special Christmas stuff yetserday because it was one boys last day before the holidays.

I'll probably print off some coloring sheets for them and they'll probably watch a movie or too. Just a quiet, relaxing kind of day. For them. I will be busily trying to accomplish things :P
daycarediva 06:37 AM 12-21-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
We actually have a Polar Express train that the kids can ride! It is soooooo cool!

The kids are invited to come in warm cozy pj's and they get to ride on an old train like the Polar Express train. A gal reads the story (or as some say "performs" the story) for the kids. They take the 1 long train ride and get milk and cookies.

It is always sold out for every trip and people travel from a long ways to come ride the train!

I know other places have something similar too and I think it is so cool that they can bring this kind of stuff "alive" for the kids!
WOW! Way jealous! That is sooo awesome! Polar Express is my ds's favorite movie (he watches it year round). He would LOVE this!
Binkybobo 06:54 AM 12-21-2012

Thanks for reminding me of this! Because of this I just booked a train ride for my own two girls on the TX version of polar express! @Daycarediva, look online they may have something in your state!
MamaBearCanada 10:46 AM 12-21-2012
I took the kids to a local indoor play place/arcade. We had lunch there & now they are napping/resting before popcorn and Christmas movie
Scout 10:50 AM 12-21-2012

We have that here in Cleveland!! I can never get tickets. It sells out that fast. It is on my to do list with my family, along with seeing TSO.
Scout 10:55 AM 12-21-2012
Don't judge. I have never seen the movie!!
akpayne 11:35 AM 12-21-2012
we played outside in the snow this morning. while i made lunch, kids watched rudolph and after lunch treat was chocolate-peanut butter balls. after nap, we are going to decorate gingerbread men and make santa crafts.
Blackcat31 11:49 AM 12-21-2012
Originally Posted by Scout:
Don't judge. I have never seen the movie!!

me neither.

Well, I do own it and I have palyed it for the kids before but I haven't had TV here for a while now.

When I did play it for the kids when it first came out, it was shown several times but I never actually sat down and watched it so I still say I haven't really seen it although I do get the gist of it.
spud912 01:26 PM 12-21-2012
We had our Christmas party today....soooo, we had cranberry nut bread with turkey sausage and raspberries for breakfast. Then the kids opened up their presents from "Santa." We decorated gingerbread houses and took a walk to the park. It was all finished off with about 15 minutes of the Nutcracker movie and lunch (which was baked glazed ham, scalloped potatoes, buttered green beans and sliced pears). After nap today, I think I'll fix up some hot cocoa with their snack and then let them free play until their parents come.
Scout 01:43 PM 12-21-2012
Originally Posted by spud912:
We had our Christmas party today....soooo, we had cranberry nut bread with turkey sausage and raspberries for breakfast. Then the kids opened up their presents from "Santa." We decorated gingerbread houses and took a walk to the park. It was all finished off with about 15 minutes of the Nutcracker movie and lunch (which was baked glazed ham, scalloped potatoes, buttered green beans and sliced pears). After nap today, I think I'll fix up some hot cocoa with their snack and then let them free play until their parents come.
can I come for lunch? yum
kitykids3 01:51 PM 12-21-2012
I've only got a few kiddos today and we had our big Christmas party already, so nothing special today except enjoying our first snowfall of the year. Or more like icefall since it is all frozen snow.
Sunshine74 11:22 PM 12-21-2012
I'm working Christmas Eve, luckily we close early that day. I am thinking of making a gingerbread house, but I am not even sure which age I am working with that day. We are only going to have a couple of children (2-3 per room) and that's if everyone comes.
pandamom 01:40 AM 12-22-2012
Earlier this week, we had the kids use a cookie cutter on dough to make gingerbread ornaments. Other than that, it was a normal day.
Countrygal 03:01 PM 12-22-2012
We are opening daycare presents, stockings, having a pizza party in the living room while we watch a movie. It was cut short because everyone is leaving early, but that's OK.... makes it that much more enjoyable!
Reply Up