Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Handle Behavior Issues?
SJT43015 10:30 AM 10-11-2013
I currently watch a 2 1/2 year old girl and her 2 month old brother along with my own 2 year old son. I am having big behavior issues with the little girl which as a result, my son is picking things up and feeding off her behavior.

I realize that kids will pick up things from other kids and that she is probably still adjusting to having a new baby in the house.

She is repeatedly yelling no at me, throwing fits at rest time, not following instruction and she refuses to tell me when she needs to poop in the toilet. Her parents don't want her to go back to pull ups at all and I'm having to clean her up at least once sometimes twice a day.

I have tried the reward system and I have tried time out for behavior issues. I guess what I'm looking for is advice....

What has been effective for you as far as consequences for rule breaking in your home daycare with both the kids you watch and your own?

How would you handle the potty training?
Maria2013 11:10 AM 10-11-2013
I know parents that use the "no TV" or send kids to their room (full of toys) to correct just about any bad behavior and then wonder why there is no improvement
I try to keep consequences directly related to the inappropriate act...you misuse that = you can't touch it again until I think you should have another chance to show me you know how to properly use it, or....you are mean to other kids= you may not have the privilege to play with others, until you show me you know how to treat everyone nice etc etc

as for potty training I really believe if parents weren't pushing the issue too soon, kids wouldn't have such a hard time
Reply Up