Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pay It Forward ~
bunnyslippers 05:52 AM 01-31-2013
We had a crazy wind storm last night, and many towns lost power.

I had a mother drop off today, very flustered. She was in a horrible mood, as her house had no power and her morning had been awful. Her little 3 year old was devastated, because his mom had promised a trip to Dunkin Donuts (a very special treat in this family), but the road was closed due to the weather.

A few minutes later, another mom dropped off. Same flustered state. No power at her house either.

My amazing, kind husband made a trip to Dunkins. He bought donuts (again, a VERY special treat) for all the dcks, and went and dropped off coffee to the two moms at the school where they teach.

I don't often do special, but I have to say, it felt good today! Sometimes, I forget how nice it is to be thoughtful and help out others. I have been pretty jaded lately, and rather bitter. Today, I have a little spring in my step.
Crazy In Mo 05:55 AM 01-31-2013
That was very sweet of you and your husband. Have a wonderful day
melilley 06:00 AM 01-31-2013
Awwww how sweet! I bet that made all of their day!
rbmom 06:06 AM 01-31-2013
Super sweet!!
Patches 06:10 AM 01-31-2013
that was very sweet
e.j. 06:34 AM 01-31-2013
That was so nice of you and your husband. I'll bet those simple actions made everyone's day feel so much better.
countrymom 06:47 AM 01-31-2013
thats so awesome. I bet you that it also made those moms really happy.
makap 07:04 AM 01-31-2013
That was so nice of you and your husband.

The weather sure is freaky all over!
Heidi 07:10 AM 01-31-2013
That's the thing about special-it has to come from the giver, not be demanded. Much more rewarding for everyone that way!

Your dh is cool!
CedarCreek 07:19 AM 01-31-2013
That's really really nice of you two! I'll bet that made everyones day
Kym2098 08:11 AM 01-31-2013

Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:
We had a crazy wind storm last night, and many towns lost power.

I had a mother drop off today, very flustered. She was in a horrible mood, as her house had no power and her morning had been awful. Her little 3 year old was devastated, because his mom had promised a trip to Dunkin Donuts (a very special treat in this family), but the road was closed due to the weather.

A few minutes later, another mom dropped off. Same flustered state. No power at her house either.

My amazing, kind husband made a trip to Dunkins. He bought donuts (again, a VERY special treat) for all the dcks, and went and dropped off coffee to the two moms at the school where they teach.

I don't often do special, but I have to say, it felt good today! Sometimes, I forget how nice it is to be thoughtful and help out others. I have been pretty jaded lately, and rather bitter. Today, I have a little spring in my step.

daycarediva 08:34 AM 01-31-2013
That's wonderful! I am sure you & dh helped brighten their days!
NeedaVaca 10:31 AM 01-31-2013
Paying it forward is so awesome! One day several months ago someone ahead of me in the Starbucks line paid for my drink. When I got up to pay I was shocked and it really made my day. I decided to do the same thing for someone else so a few weeks later I paid for the person behind me. I will say this-when I did the paying I felt even happier than when the 1st person bought my drink! I seriously drove away giggling with the biggest smile on my face
Luna 11:06 AM 01-31-2013
Applause to you and your husband You made my day too!
williams2008 11:35 AM 01-31-2013
That was really sweet of you and your husband! I'm sure it made their day!!
Kaddidle Care 12:08 PM 01-31-2013
What a great guy! Be sure to reward him tonight! hehe!
bunnyslippers 05:20 PM 01-31-2013
I have to say, it was a great day, and I felt like a new woman. I think I will try to do a little extra (unsolicited) every once in a while. It made me feel like a human again! Being nice has it's advantages. And YES...my husband is an amazing, kind, loving, man. I wouls never have been able to do this job without him over these past few years.
Reply Up