Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ikea Table ?
Provider_Manda 11:53 AM 02-12-2013
I am looking for a kids table and I seen a little wood one on Ikea with 2 chairs. It is not that bad in price, a lot cheaper than the Little Tikes tables..But I wondering if they last, and is it worth the money? I think it's a really cute and simple table w/ chairs..just didn't see any reviews on it and was wondering if anyone had one. I have never shopped at Ikea before so was just wanting some input..THanks!
SilverSabre25 11:56 AM 02-12-2013
I have one and it is/was gorgeous, very nice, fairly sturdy. Probably wouldn't even broken now at all except that my DH is an idiot :P
mom2many 11:56 AM 02-12-2013
Originally Posted by Provider_Manda:
I am looking for a kids table and I seen a little wood one on Ikea with 2 chairs. It is not that bad in price, a lot cheaper than the Little Tikes tables..But I wondering if they last, and is it worth the money? I think it's a really cute and simple table w/ chairs..just didn't see any reviews on it and was wondering if anyone had one. I have never shopped at Ikea before so was just wanting some input..THanks!
I was just at Ikea last weekend and was looking at them. I'm curious how they'd hold up too, because I thought they were really cute!
earlystart 12:15 PM 02-12-2013
I have one from Ikea that was $20, it is unfinished wood with a white top. It is sturdy and I love it.
LK5kids 01:41 PM 02-12-2013
I was going to get the smaller one with the white top for $20.00 and thought it seemed very cheaply made. In fact I was going to get two. I didn't buy them. I was going to use one in the housekeeping area and one for a science table.

My husband made me a longer version of the long table with the metal on the lower portion for the table the kids eat at.
Lyss 02:10 PM 02-12-2013
I have it and my kids love it (and use/abuse the heck out of it!). I've had mine over a year now and it's still going strong. I had thought about the other table (with the stools) but my kids are the wiggly type and really needed a sturdy chair with a back.

The only minor issues I have with it are that things get stuck in the cracks on the table top (food/crafts) so I just used caulking around the edges and its fine.

I didn't paint mine but I did redo the seat and table top with shelf liners because of this idea. http://www.ikeahackers.net/2011/09/c...-makeover.html
Mom&Provider 04:32 PM 02-12-2013
I use the round IKEA plastic ones with the little stools. They have been great, wipe off quickly and the kids love the smaller stools to sit on and carry around if we need them somewhere else! I haven't looked at their wood tables, but I find IKEA has some pretty decent stuff and most of it holds up really well.
hope 04:37 PM 02-12-2013
I bought the Ikea Table you are referring to and stained it with a dark wood stain to match the furniture in my home. The stain makes it easy to wipe clean after any mess. I hqve gotten so many compliments on it over the years. No one ever believes it is the inexpensive table from IKEA! I have seen the same table and chairs in many homes and it does wear from use if not stained. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra time and stain it.
makap 04:38 PM 02-12-2013
I LOVE Ikea! Everything I have ever bought there has been good.

Just re did my toyroom in all ikea before Christmas and I love it. I bought the trofast system. It cost a lot of money but it was soooo worth it as far as the way it looks and convenience. Now I just need to sign up three more kids to help pay for it. :-( I lost 3 kids last month.
jonestammy18 04:58 PM 02-12-2013
Hi, I was wondering where I cant get the preschool table and chairs from for cheap.

Thanks in advance!
MonkeyingAround 07:36 PM 02-12-2013
Originally Posted by makap:
I LOVE Ikea! Everything I have ever bought there has been good.

Just re did my toyroom in all ikea before Christmas and I love it. I bought the trofast system. It cost a lot of money but it was soooo worth it as far as the way it looks and convenience. Now I just need to sign up three more kids to help pay for it. :-( I lost 3 kids last month.
Do you have a picture you could share? I was looking at this line myself.
williams2008 05:17 AM 02-13-2013
I purchased the table with the unfinished wood and the white top, I LOVE it!!
countrymom 05:46 AM 02-13-2013
I have the green round one and its so worth it. Fits alot of kids (and I have stools but you can buy the high back ones) my own children use it and I can fit at it too. When I went to buy it I made my own children test it out and I sat at the table to make sure I fit lolol!
LaLa1923 05:48 AM 02-13-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I have the green round one and its so worth it. Fits alot of kids (and I have stools but you can buy the high back ones) my own children use it and I can fit at it too. When I went to buy it I made my own children test it out and I sat at the table to make sure I fit lolol!
I saw the stools! What made you pick those? I'm torn .....
LK5kids 06:21 AM 02-13-2013
I will have to re- think the white topped table! Sounds like it is sturdy. I accidentally bought the wrong rug and have to return it for the cute woodland/ brook rug.

Don't know when I will get back, as Ikea is three hours from me.
Reply Up