Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holiday Pay Issues
TwinMama 07:05 AM 12-15-2018
I have a family that tries to get out of paying me around the holiday every year since they're not here. I have it in my contract that I get paid if I'm open whether they're here or not. I also get paid for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. They aren't going to be here, but I'm still open so whether they come or not....I get paid.

I don't want this to be an issue after the fact so how do I send out a "friendly" reminder? Or would you just wait until it's an issue?

I'm already anticipating it happening because they paid me for this week and next week. They're gone the 2 weeks after.
rosieteddy 07:29 AM 12-15-2018
I would send a text today. ''Reminder all Tuition needs to be paid for last two weeks of December. Families who are not attending need to pay tuition before leaving for the Holiday.'' I would let them know the amount, include Holidays and whatever you expect. Send it sooner than later. Tell them you expect payment on Monday Dec 17th. I would post a note at sign in sheet. All tuition for Holidays is expected before Families leave for their Holidays. If questioned just say you need to prepare for everyone coming back to D.C. You have your own holidays to enjoy.
Tags:contract - holiday, paid holidays
Reply Up