Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pregnant Provider Questions
Jo123ABC 12:39 PM 03-02-2020
I'm in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy with my third child. This is my first time running an in home daycare while pregnant though. I'm about 32 weeks and getting uncomfortable with back pain, less sleep, etc. now. I feel okay for the most part and am trying to take it easy and having the kids be as independent as possible when it comes to potty training etc. So I'm not bending and lifting as much. I have a ft infant who's pretty easy going and a pt infant who is new so kinda easy going but still not on my schedule and is prone to spit-up a lot which means more mess cleanup ...which REALLY sucks when pregnant. Anyway, both of my other kids were born at 35 weeks so I don't know how long this one will hang out but chances are he/she will be a bit early as well.

I'm just curious. For those of you who were pregnant and running a daycare did you close at all during pregnancy? How did you handle the last few weeks? How long of a leave did you take after baby was born? Tell me everything!
Cat Herder 01:22 PM 03-02-2020
I did not close until the day of my scheduled C-sections 5am (Closed Friday). I had to open back up within 3 days afterward as well (Closed Monday). Basically a 4 day weekend. My budget simply did not allow me any wiggle room back then. I did not have family support and I had huge out of pocket expenses ($5,800 per) even with insurance pre-approval.

I did fine and the kids were no worse for the wear. I would have loved to have had a better option, though.
dolores 01:43 PM 03-02-2020
You are a superwoman CH.
Cat Herder 02:32 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by dolores:
You are a superwoman CH.
Nah. I just wanted kids a bit sooner than my husband at the time. I knew I had to make it as easy on him as possible as part of the compromise. The risk of SIDS goes up after 25 and I had that number stuck in my head as a deadline for me. Self-created, 100%. I was in my 20's. Everything is easier in your 20's.
284878 05:15 AM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Nah. I just wanted kids a bit sooner than my husband at the time. I knew I had to make it as easy on him as possible as part of the compromise. The risk of SIDS goes up after 25 and I had that number stuck in my head as a deadline for me. Self-created, 100%. I was in my 20's. Everything is easier in your 20's.
Wow interesting, I am glad I never knew that. I was way past with both mine.
284878 05:49 AM 03-03-2020
I had my son in 2018. I lost my families after I announced. Replaced with infants and SA. If it wasn't for less income, I would haved closed a week early.

I took ten weeks off because my doctor insisted and there for me is no do over (meaning it was my last child and I wasn't getting this time with just him back) and it was the summer, so I waited for the fall enrollment calls.
Tags:maternity leave - length, pregnant - and running daycare, pregnant providers
Reply Up