Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Annalee 11:04 AM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
yup. It used to be common to have kids stay home for maternity leaves, but now they don't. It used to be common for family vacations but now it's a parents vacation and the kiddo gets dumped with grandparents and still ends up in DC 50 hours a week. RARELY do they keep them home on a day off, etc.
Parents today don't know what to do with their kid. That's why kids don't know how to play or anything else for that matter.
CountryRoads 11:36 AM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Parents today don't know what to do with their kid. That's why kids don't know how to play or anything else for that matter.
I had a parent tell me she wishes I did weekend care so she can bring their kids here. Their kids that are already with me 5 days a week.

Annalee 11:47 AM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I had a parent tell me she wishes I did weekend care so she can bring their kids here. Their kids that are already with me 5 days a week.

I've had to train myself to stop listening to what some parents say and some parents I don't even look at....just get the kids and walk away
PB&J 02:51 PM 09-06-2019

Last year because of the way the holidays lined up, employees of the big companies around here got a lot of weekdays off work. One dad said how great it was to be home so much.... but....he actually said, “the worst thing about the whole two weeks was how much you were closed! That was a lot of time home with the kids.” He said this to EVERY staff member and EVERY parent who was around when he was. In front of his kids. And then told them: “goodbye! Be good! I love you so much!!”
His kids are here 55 hrs per week. I can’t even look him in the eye anymore. He pays for our services so I can’t complain about that, but it’s a parenting style so very different than my own! His kids were planned and even delivered on schedule. Not sure what he thought parenting is. Soon he will be elderly and his kids will have learned from him what a family is.....
CeriBear 05:37 AM 09-07-2019
Originally Posted by springvalley112:
Found out today that a girl up and quit on Thursday without a 2 week notice or anything to the owners which is required. What's your opinion???
I don’t think an employer can require anyone to give a two weeks notice. They can ask that you do and it’s always courteous to give notice before you leave but nothing says you have to.
CountryRoads 03:22 PM 09-10-2019
Does anyone have parents who actually pick up when they say they are going to?

I should know better by now, since it has never happened.

Going on 25 minutes late...

Maybe, just maybe, someone will pick up when they say they are going to
springv 03:34 PM 09-10-2019
We had a parent once that was deliberately late and knew that the owners had plans but showed up late anyways
Cat Herder 05:40 AM 09-11-2019
We had a parent once that was deliberately late and knew that the owners had plans but showed up late anyways
This is actually very common, a power play. There are many threads here about it. Most just close instead of giving them the opportunity.

It is a well-known issue. Almost as common as the dope and drop.
Annalee 06:33 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
This is actually very common, a power play. There are many threads here about it. Most just close instead of giving them the opportunity.

It is a well-known issue. Almost as common as the dope and drop.
Absolutely a power play! The reason I have so many "closed" days is because I tried the "please come early" thing. Just isn't gonna happen!
springv 04:27 PM 09-11-2019
DCP said the reason they done it was because their employer reimburses their payment for childcare. They knew the day before that we were leaving after the center closes but didn't care. We had a visitation to attend for an employee whose son was killed in an accident
CountryRoads 03:28 PM 09-12-2019
Dcb is throwing a fit because dcg has a toy he wants.

Dcm: Say please. (he does)
Dcm: Okay, (child's name), give the toy to him. He said please.

I know you think that your child should have whatever he wants or else he will throw a fit, but we learn to take turns here.

I'm sure my face said what I was thinking
Cat Herder 06:44 AM 09-13-2019
Dcb is throwing a fit because dcg has a toy he wants.

Dcm: Say please. (he does)
Dcm: Okay, (child's name), give the toy to him. He said please.

I know you think that your child should have whatever he wants or else he will throw a fit, but we learn to take turns here.

I'm sure my face said what I was thinking
How annoying. Sorry.

"DCM, give me your car, I said please."
Cat Herder 06:53 AM 09-13-2019
Riddle: I had 6 parent drop-offs but only accepted 3 children in care.

Answer: Vomiting and fever.

TGIF
CountryRoads 06:59 AM 09-13-2019
Riddle: I had 6 parent drop-offs but only accepted 3 children in care.

Answer: Vomiting and fever.

TGIF

I'm just curious, how did the parents' respond??

Do they get mad? Or just "dang, I got caught" lol

I've only had to turn away at the door once, but oh my gosh. It was so awkward.
coloradoprovider 07:04 AM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Predicted high of 99 today...dcg shows up in jeans and a long-sleeved shirt.
If the child has backup clothing (shorts, etc.) for warm weather, then they can change later. Our weather in Colorado usually has wide temperature swings, so mornings (even in the summer) are quite cool, as the temperature climbs it's just part of our day to adjust our clothing layers.

If they have no other clothing, parents need to supply. Of course I have an ample supply of my own backup clothing for children - but I make sure the child goes home in their own clothing with a note to supply what ever items they need to bring.

Extra clothing stays here in their own cubbies. I don't want daily back and forth with extra clothing. Seasonally, I see if something has been outgrown, if so, it goes back home to be replaced with similar item in correct size.
Cat Herder 07:08 AM 09-13-2019
I'm just curious, how did the parents' respond??

Do they get mad? Or just "dang, I got caught" lol

I've only had to turn away at the door once, but oh my gosh. It was so awkward.
Not mad at all, more like embarrassed they did not notice. They get into the morning routine and kind of do it robotically. It is Friday, all have work pressure.
Baby Beluga 08:22 AM 09-13-2019
My all time most favorite DCG is leaving

Mom has decided to quit working and be a SAHM. I am happy for her - she's wanted it for a while. But man I will miss the little girl. She is SO sweet and kind and listens so well. Her parents are also just awesome. It's a rarity to have both!

Originally Posted by coloradoprovider:
If the child has backup clothing (shorts, etc.) for warm weather, then they can change later. Our weather in Colorado usually has wide temperature swings, so mornings (even in the summer) are quite cool, as the temperature climbs it's just part of our day to adjust our clothing layers.

If they have no other clothing, parents need to supply. Of course I have an ample supply of my own backup clothing for children - but I make sure the child goes home in their own clothing with a note to supply what ever items they need to bring.

Extra clothing stays here in their own cubbies. I don't want daily back and forth with extra clothing. Seasonally, I see if something has been outgrown, if so, it goes back home to be replaced with similar item in correct size.
Fall/winter/early spring we have wide weather swings here too. My littles often dress in layers for the morning, then we peel them off as the day progresses. One mom will bring shorts for her son to change into. It's just life here. I found my self thinking last "weather swing" season they needed to bring back the pants that unzipped into shorts because they would be so practical here!

Because it is so hot 9/10 months out of the year, stores/offices/cars/buildings are often FREEZING so everyone wears sweaters inside and practically nothing outside. Myself and my own kids keep cardigans in my car year round because inevitably we go into the grocery store and freeze. Or it's 90 degrees when we leave the house, the sun goes down while we're out and suddenly it's 65 degrees and feels freezing. My dentist also keeps blankets in each patient room
daycarediva 10:59 AM 09-13-2019
agreed! I had a child at an interview incapable of putting marks on paper with a crayon. At 4. But I learned all about a youtube show called Ryan's World. His parents thought he was so smart that he could turn on the ipad and access his shows by himself. He couldn't recognize colors. The interview became uncomfortable quickly. I did not enroll or wait list.

How annoying. Sorry.

I have done this. I have taken pens, sunglasses, and keys out of a parents hand to demonstrate during 'he says the kids don't share' conversations. NO sharing and TURN TAKING are NOT the same thing at 3 years old.
Annalee 11:01 AM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
agreed! I had a child at an interview incapable of putting marks on paper with a crayon. At 4. But I learned all about a youtube show called Ryan's World. His parents thought he was so smart that he could turn on the ipad and access his shows by himself. He couldn't recognize colors. The interview became uncomfortable quickly. I did not enroll or wait list.

I have done this. I have taken pens, sunglasses, and keys out of a parents hand to demonstrate during 'he says the kids don't share' conversations. NO sharing and TURN TAKING are NOT the same thing at 3 years old.
I had a parent tell me when I asked how much TV their kid watched to say "he don't watch TV, only Netflix"
Cat Herder 11:35 AM 09-13-2019
I had a parent tell me when I asked how much TV their kid watched to say "he don't watch TV, only Netflix"
I have had that, too. "He has that attention span of a gnat, speaks 4 words and can't self-soothe but at least he doesn't watch commercials. I draw the line at consumerism."
MomBoss 01:36 PM 09-13-2019
DCM said grandma was going to pick up 10:30ish today. She shows up at 10:55 and says “im sorry to impose in the middle of your day like this” and proceeds to talk to her grandchild, take forever to put her shoes on, and talk to the other kids...IMPOSING on my day. You just said you were sorry and you continue to interrupt my day??
Ac114 09:14 AM 09-15-2019
I had this happen just last Friday. We were going on vacation and I took a week off. I close at 5:30, guess who shows up at 6pm? Not a single word to me. Let’s see how this Monday goes when I give notice. Tired of disrespectful parents.
springv 03:57 PM 09-15-2019
We got lucky because it wasn't too long after this happened that they moved. I felt awful for the little girl because her mom was continuously late (her mom not so much)
CountryRoads 03:34 PM 09-17-2019
I printed out a handbook for a family and went over it before I gave it to them.

I forgot how blunt I was and how clear my policies are, yet some parents still give me problems with things that are CLEARLY outlined in the handbook

Also, I need to work on controlling my face and my mouth Dcm is really getting on my nerves since last week and it's showing. It's a little awkward with her, now. Oops!
LittleExplorers 06:53 AM 09-19-2019
We have regioanl grants we can apply for once a yaer. There is a step by step guide on how to apply. I am happy to help others, but seriously read the guide. It's what it is there for.

I am extra moody from fertility meds so I am sure that doesn't help, but we are all capable adults. No I won't give you all my answers or a copy of my packet. Ugg, just needed to let that out somewhere as I got my 5th Facebook message about help today.
Blackcat31 08:16 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by LittleExplorers:
We have regioanl grants we can apply for once a yaer. There is a step by step guide on how to apply. I am happy to help others, but seriously read the guide. It's what it is there for.

I am extra moody from fertility meds so I am sure that doesn't help, but we are all capable adults. No I won't give you all my answers or a copy of my packet. Ugg, just needed to let that out somewhere as I got my 5th Facebook message about help today.
I feel ya.... I've been on the grant review committee and most in my area knew this. The minute the app is available for download I was bombarded with requests to help or aide in some way....

Then when it came time to review the packets and score them as to whether or not they'll be receiving a grant. I can see why so many need help. I shake my head and wonder how some of these gals managed to care for other people's children and not lose them every day.
LittleExplorers 08:29 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I feel ya.... I've been on the grant review committee and most in my area knew this. The minute the app is available for download I was bombarded with requests to help or aide in some way....

Then when it came time to review the packets and score them as to whether or not they'll be receiving a grant. I can see why so many need help. I shake my head and wonder how some of these gals managed to care for other people's children and not lose them every day.

That's exactly what I was thinking!
Annalee 08:33 AM 09-19-2019

I don't know how many of these are able to get up and put on their own clothes....anything beyond that really amazes me
Snowmom 08:13 AM 09-20-2019

This is the first year I haven't been on the grant committee in about 5/6 years. I opened up the application this year and it took me a good hour to figure out things after this new change in their format. It's so confusing. I also had to email and ask where the priorities were listed... didn't expect it to be listed on the example of how to fill things out. Whoever thought that was a good idea is crazy.
Cat Herder 09:47 AM 09-20-2019
I'd like to know how you find out who is on the grant committee? I keep getting grants (stuff, not cash or reimbursement) I never applied for. I know, first world problem to have, but I am running out of floor space.
Snowmom 09:52 AM 09-20-2019
I'd like to know how you find out who is on the grant committee? I keep getting grants (stuff, not cash or reimbursement) I never applied for. I know, first world problem to have, but I am running out of floor space.
I get those too.
If you've ever applied for a grant, they put your name on a list of potential awards. They NEVER update the list though. I've had multiple things delivered to an old address.
CountryRoads 02:52 PM 09-20-2019
Not about daycare, but need to get it out there!

Student in ds class is in the hospital. Small town, so someone texts me and says "oh, this person told this person and so and so told me that the child is in the hospital because..."

My only response was "geez, so much for privacy."

Her response? "well, I think the school should of let the students know what was going on since it's their classmate."

I didn't even respond. I totally disagree. Since when is it anybodys business what is going on in someone else's life? It's been bugging me ever since.
1madmouse 10:37 PM 09-22-2019
I came here to see what I could do about the daycare behind me being so noisy. They just recently opened, so this noise is new to us as it has been quiet since we bought 4 years ago. After reading how you all have to deal with the parents and their lack of care about you and what you go through, I just want to cry. I really don't know how you people can torture yourselves like this. You have to really love children or be a bit crazy, maybe both.

I have decided I will find another way to deal with the 8 hours a day racket this place produces. You all have enough to deal with. Good Luck.
My ex and I ran a daycare out of our home many years ago and I think our biggest problem was getting parents to pick up the kids on time, even when we fined them extra.
Snowmom 07:44 AM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by 1madmouse:
I came here to see what I could do about the daycare behind me being so noisy. They just recently opened, so this noise is new to us as it has been quiet since we bought 4 years ago. After reading how you all have to deal with the parents and their lack of care about you and what you go through, I just want to cry. I really don't know how you people can torture yourselves like this. You have to really love children or be a bit crazy, maybe both.

I have decided I will find another way to deal with the 8 hours a day racket this place produces. You all have enough to deal with. Good Luck.
My ex and I ran a daycare out of our home many years ago and I think our biggest problem was getting parents to pick up the kids on time, even when we fined them extra.
Both

I often wonder how my neighbors feel about the noise outside when the kids go out. They're an older couple who are home most of the day. I hope if they are bothered by it, they would mention it. I try to make sure they contain the noise too- respect is a daily lesson here.

I hope you stick around and chime in once and awhile!
Cat Herder 08:02 AM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by 1madmouse:

Leyland Cyprus trees https://www.fast-growing-trees.com/p...leylandcypress and Privet bushes https://www.fast-growing-trees.com/products/privet offer a nice noise buffer. It also cuts the view down. I planted a thick hedge of them (from that particular supplier, was very happy with them ) for my neighbors when I opened. I work hard to keep the kid noise down. I also take them all fresh veggies from the garden and treats (I like to bake) regularly to keep the discussion open.

My least favorite neighbors still like to set trash fires right on the property line to force us back inside. They have pigs, barking dogs and roosters/chickens, but are offended by infants and toddlers laughter. In return, I host extrication class for the local fire department whenever I can, to return the favor.

The other neighbors find it hilarious. My other neighbor's antics are much more creative than mine since the difficult neighbors have picked a battle with each and every house on the cul-de-sac. Don't ask me why. I have not a clue. Most of us were here first.

My bet is your neighbors would be pretty open to any discussion that is sent in a friendly manner. They may not even realize how the sound carries, yet.
Unregistered 04:49 PM 09-23-2019
Well, today I asked the families if they could start paying 50% of the daily rate on holidays so I could start receiving a little bit of holiday pay. I do not currently charge them for call offs and holidays. Its been 2 years and I felt it was time to implement some changes. Anyway, 2 of 3 families are completely fine with it and believe its more than fair. However, the Mom of the 3 year old and 4 month old I care for 5 days a week basically told me No. She said I sometimes seemed overwhelmed or tired at the end of the day. She said she doesnt feel that her children are getting the attention they would receive at a facility. First of all, I give them tons of individual attention. Second, she made me feel as if I'm begging for scraps. I need the income but, I truly believe she doesnt appreciate anything I do.
Ac114 06:13 AM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Well, today I asked the families if they could start paying 50% of the daily rate on holidays so I could start receiving a little bit of holiday pay. I do not currently charge them for call offs and holidays. Its been 2 years and I felt it was time to implement some changes. Anyway, 2 of 3 families are completely fine with it and believe its more than fair. However, the Mom of the 3 year old and 4 month old I care for 5 days a week basically told me No. She said I sometimes seemed overwhelmed or tired at the end of the day. She said she doesnt feel that her children are getting the attention they would receive at a facility. First of all, I give them tons of individual attention. Second, she made me feel as if I'm begging for scraps. I need the income but, I truly believe she doesnt appreciate anything I do.
I would not “ask” for payment. You either pay me for my holidays or go somewhere else. You are the boss. You decide the rules. I would give her notice after that incident. And btw, she will have to pay for all closures at a facility and will receive way less than one on one attention at a facility.
Blackcat31 07:09 AM 09-24-2019

Let me guess....she also uses the most daycare hours/days than the other families?

I'd do Ac114 said and don't ask. Change your policy to state you charge on your off days and let the cards fall where they may. If DCM feels her kids would get better attention at a facility, let her go find out. You can replace her but you can not replace your mental and emotional well being.

The best way to survive this business is to ALWAYS do what YOU need to do in order to be happy. If you are not happy, it's a horrible job to have.

Take care of YOU first and foremost.
CountryRoads 10:02 AM 09-24-2019
One day this week I will only have one child. This rarely happens. And of course, it's the one child whose mom doesn't work. She is aware of her child being the only one here that day. Her response? "Oh, at least you'll have some 1 on 1 time!"

Was really hoping she would decide to just keep him home that day. If I was in her position, I would absolutely keep my child home. But, we all know that's not how it works.

WHYYY???
e.j. 11:55 AM 09-24-2019
One day this week I will only have one child. This rarely happens. And of course, it's the one child whose mom doesn't work. She is aware of her child being the only one here that day. Her response? "Oh, at least you'll have some 1 on 1 time!"

Was really hoping she would decide to just keep him home that day. If I was in her position, I would absolutely keep my child home. But, we all know that's not how it works.

WHYYY???
If you want that day to yourself, you could always tell her you've decided to close that day since it's not worth opening for just 1 child. Offer to take her child a different day if you have an opening and want her to remain enrolled.
Blackcat31 01:13 PM 09-24-2019

WHYYY???
I have a policy that if only one child is in attendance I may opt to close. If she's not working I would absolutely close.

Just let her know since she is already at home, you are closing and taking care of some personal stuff that day. Even if the personal stuff is sitting around doing nothing,

Don't ask her...tell her you are closing.
e.j. 01:56 PM 09-24-2019

WHYYY???
Oops! I read your post wrong. I missed the fact that it's one day this week. I was thinking it was the one day each week. In that case, I wouldn't say it's not worth opening for just one child () but I agree with BC...I would let her know you've decided to close for the day. If it were me, I'd still offer to take the child on a different day if I had the opening but that's just me. I hope it's Friday so you have a long weekend!
CountryRoads 02:18 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by e.j.:
Oops! I read your post wrong. I missed the fact that it's one day this week. I was thinking it was the one day each week. In that case, I wouldn't say it's not worth opening for just one child () but I agree with BC...I would let her know you've decided to close for the day. If it were me, I'd still offer to take the child on a different day if I had the opening but that's just me. I hope it's Friday so you have a long weekend!
I feel like I can't tell her that She's already paid for the day and if I say I'm "closed", then I don't get paid for that day at all. And yes, it is Friday. Of course It's actually her child's last day in my care, so I really thought she would keep him home since there is no point in him coming.
e.j. 06:19 PM 09-24-2019
It's actually her child's last day in my care, so I really thought she would keep him home since there is no point in him coming.
That's an even bigger kick in the pants! I'd be sorely tempted to give her her money back but if that isn't an option for you, I guess I'd just suck it up and make it a fun day for dc kid.
Snowmom 06:37 AM 09-25-2019
I feel like I can't tell her that She's already paid for the day and if I say I'm "closed", then I don't get paid for that day at all. And yes, it is Friday. Of course It's actually her child's last day in my care, so I really thought she would keep him home since there is no point in him coming.
I don't see why you "can't" tell her.
I'd weigh the options: $30-$50 for one day or a day off... no brainer. Day off would win.
The fact that it's their last day makes it an even easier decision. Refund and take the day.
Ac114 01:23 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I'd weigh the options: $30-$50 for one day or a day off... no brainer. Day off would win.
The fact that it's their last day makes it an even easier decision. Refund and take the day.
I completely agree with this!
CountryRoads 01:58 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
My only concern with this is that all my dcms know each other and talk, so I would imagine it would come out that I "closed". I'm worried I will have the other moms questioning why they had to pay for the day and she didn't - perks of a small town
Cat Herder 02:48 PM 09-25-2019
My only concern with this is that all my dcms know each other and talk, so I would imagine it would come out that I "closed". I'm worried I will have the other moms questioning why they had to pay for the day and she didn't - perks of a small town
It is the same way, here. I would stay open because it speaks to my professionalism and reliability. I give my calendar out for the year in advance in January. It is a rare year that I close on a day not listed. My husbands emergency surgery was the last time. I do take plenty of paid time off, though.

Also, it is very common for parents who claimed on Monday they were not coming Friday to change their minds and inform me Thursday at pick-up.
CountryRoads 03:00 PM 09-25-2019
It is the same way, here. I would stay open because it speaks to my professionalism and reliability. I give my calendar out for the year in advance in January. It is a rare year that I close on a day not listed. My husbands emergency surgery was the last time. I do take plenty of paid time off, though.

Also, it is very common for parents who claimed on Monday they were not coming Friday to change their minds and inform me Thursday at pick-up.
Yes, that's what I was thinking, too. I do plan on staying open. It is just so rare that I get a paid day off! I love when that happens
CountryRoads 03:26 PM 09-26-2019

WHYYY???

And now he's going to be late tomorrow. So, he will be here for one hour, then lunch, then nap, then snack, then he will leave about an hour after that.

So pointless.

But...I plan on having a laid back "free play day" so maybe I can get some housework done before the weekend. So there's that
TaylorTots 08:06 PM 09-28-2019
How annoying. Sorry.

This made me laugh out loud
TaylorTots 08:11 PM 09-28-2019
Let me guess....she also uses the most daycare hours/days than the other families?

I'd do Ac114 said and don't ask. Change your policy to state you charge on your off days and let the cards fall where they may. If DCM feels her kids would get better attention at a facility, let her go find out. You can replace her but you can not replace your mental and emotional well being.

The best way to survive this business is to ALWAYS do what YOU need to do in order to be happy. If you are not happy, it's a horrible job to have.

Take care of YOU first and foremost.
This. You discussed her opinions. Now, send out a notice. Effective X date, holidays will be charged at 50% normal fees. Have a spot for them to sign to agree and state that if not returned signed by X date, a 2 week termination notice will be given.

The majority of your parents approved and you didn't owe them the courtesy of asking. Now put it into action!
Ms.Kay 09:27 AM 10-01-2019
2 yr old dropped off ..20 min later we're at the park....and his diaper is so soaked it falls off......20 min after drop off??????? Really????? Not even worth saying anything to parents....falls on deaf ears......
springv 03:00 PM 10-01-2019
We haven't had any problems or disagreements in 4 months or longer since two employees quit because of people bad mouthing and causing problems plus we've had a new policy set in place to hopefully calm everyone down and get everyone working together, But within the last 2 weeks we've had problems start because of a new employee plus we've got two employees on leave. The new employee tries to start problems because she brings her children and we feel like she's not trusting us with them. Today she claimed that I picked up her baby because she was fussy and i thought it was cute which was a lie. She came into the classroom and acted like a jerk towards the teacher and woke another infant up because she was upset that I had woke her baby up. The same teacher that was in the room went on a break so I went and relieved her and the babies were asleep, so I was watching them and her baby got fussy so I picked her up and she fell back asleep on me and slept until the teacher came back.
Jupadia 05:13 PM 10-03-2019
Looks like kids here will be getting a school strike next week. It's going to suck having my own 2 all day. The 6 year old just got out of my hair after summer break a month ago. The 3 year old just got use to drop off at Kindergarten each day and only getting the hang of things.

My in laws are away for the next 3 weeks, most of the time in the summer my lovely MIL would take my boys, leaving me with an easy day and my kids a break from being at home.
I will make a little extra a have a current opening that one of the kids brother is going to come (he use to attend as well)
Baby Beluga 09:42 AM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
Looks like kids here will be getting a school strike next week. It's going to suck having my own 2 all day. The 6 year old just got out of my hair after summer break a month ago. The 3 year old just got use to drop off at Kindergarten each day and only getting the hang of things.

My in laws are away for the next 3 weeks, most of the time in the summer my lovely MIL would take my boys, leaving me with an easy day and my kids a break from being at home.
I will make a little extra a have a current opening that one of the kids brother is going to come (he use to attend as well)
I'm sorry

We went through that here 2 years ago. While I was highly irritated at the strike (the reasons here were bogus) I was so thankful I worked from home vs being one of the many many parents who were suddenly having to call off work because this was thrown at us.
CountryRoads 07:25 AM 10-07-2019
I have a dcm that told me her child is completely potty trained at home.

The mom has been caught in several lies before, so I have a hard time believing her.

Dcb always has a wet diaper at changing time. He wakes up from nap everyday wet. I tell mom this and she acted almost...offended. He will sometimes pee if I make him sit on the potty, but needs help pulling up and down his pants. I know if I didn't make him sit, he would never pee in the potty. He has never told me he has to go. He is here all day 5 days a week. She has sent him in underwear before (because he wanted to wear them ), and had an accident an hour later.

I always wondered why parents are untruthful sometimes when it comes to potty training? Or maybe he is trained at home and it's just something about him being here. Hmm...
Jupadia 07:54 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I'm sorry

We went through that here 2 years ago. While I was highly irritated at the strike (the reasons here were bogus) I was so thankful I worked from home vs being one of the many many parents who were suddenly having to call off work because this was thrown at us.
This is realy a good thing just thought I'd update here cause I vented here. The strike was averted last night at 9pm. So my kids get to keep going.
Blackcat31 08:33 AM 10-07-2019

I always wondered why parents are untruthful sometimes when it comes to potty training? Or maybe he is trained at home and it's just something about him being here. Hmm...
Because if mom can have him completely trained at home and you can't, then there must be something YOU are doing wrong.

In the end, you (the provider) generally tries hard then to make up for the failure and trains the child completely.

Win win for mom.
Blackcat31 08:34 AM 10-07-2019
...also "completely trained" means something 100% different to a parent than it does to the provider and most times that difference is the difference.
Ariana 08:43 AM 10-07-2019
This is realy a good thing just thought I'd update here cause I vented here. The strike was averted last night at 9pm. So my kids get to keep going.
I was so happy when they announced the strike was averted! I love my kids and would have wanted them home any other time but I started a difficult kid last week so I need my full attention on the daycare and my job.
Baby Beluga 03:13 PM 10-08-2019
I'm glad it was averted!
CeriBear 05:39 AM 10-09-2019
It drives me nuts to see 3.5 to 4 year olds who can’t put on their coats, wipe their own noses, or use forks and spoons. What makes it worse is that some of these kiddos are the ones that can recite the entire alphabet, know all their shapes and colors, print their own name and name all the dinosaurs. Yes, teaching your children these things is fine but how about teaching them basic self help skills first.
CountryRoads 06:49 AM 10-09-2019
There was a mouse. In the daycare area. Right at drop-off. Embarrassing.

Waiting for our cat to get it, but she keeps getting chased away by the kids. Looks I may have to try to catch it myself...
Jupadia 08:11 AM 10-09-2019
There was a mouse. In the daycare area. Right at drop-off. Embarrassing.

Waiting for our cat to get it, but she keeps getting chased away by the kids. Looks I may have to try to catch it myself...
We get them every few years though it's been awhile. Last time we had no cat so it was over two years ago. That is last time till a couple weeks ago when one ran into the daycare room at nap. I was able to kill it with a broom, shaking the entire time and not wake up any of the kids. So far no more signs of more, but my husband set traps.
Ms.Kay 10:20 AM 10-09-2019
We get them every few years though it's been awhile. Last time we had no cat so it was over two years ago. That is last time till a couple weeks ago when one ran into the daycare room at nap. I was able to kill it with a broom, shaking the entire time and not wake up any of the kids. So far no more signs of more, but my husband set traps.
I'll send my cat right over....Everyday....mice...chipmunks and birds on my front steps ...some decapitated!!! Ive had a neighbor thank me she hasnt had a mouse in 2yrs!!!!!
Cat Herder 11:46 AM 10-09-2019
Yes, I will take some cheese with all that.
Annalee 07:05 PM 10-09-2019
  • I have not seen the sun for 11 days now.
  • I don't want to be back from vacation, it went too fast.
  • A hurricane interrupted my vacation.
  • I got sick on vacation, lost one day to bedrest and am now taking two different meds.
  • Four out of six of my DCK's are also on meds with raging diaper rashes.
  • I am wearing my fat jeans, today.
Bless your heart Hope you feel better soon!
Jupadia 07:11 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Ms.Kay:
I'll send my cat right over....Everyday....mice...chipmunks and birds on my front steps ...some decapitated!!! Ive had a neighbor thank me she hasnt had a mouse in 2yrs!!!!!
We dont know if she's a mouser yet, we live near the highway so she's mostly indoor, but dose go outdoors on an harness and leash. Unfortunately she was upstairs at the time, I leave her up there for nap.
LostMyMarbles 04:44 AM 10-10-2019
This thread is therapeutic! You can seriously bare you soul without judgment. The best part, there is ALWAYS someone or many who have gone through your problem and offer advice.

Today’s rant.....pancake day(home made blueberry pancakes)
Boy comes early( doing mom a favor and taking him 1 hour early), he sees pancakes and says I WANT CEREAL. Mom says Miss LostMyMarbles will get you some, go sit by your friend.
I said no I won’t, it’s pancake day! You can either eat pancakes or go do a puzzle and wait for the others to get done..... and the crying fit from this 4 year old started. So what does mom do, whips out the tablet! Yes, the very some kid with the broken tablet, which was finally replaced !!!
Josiegirl 05:38 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by LostMyMarbles:
This thread is therapeutic! You can seriously bare you soul without judgment. The best part, there is ALWAYS someone or many who have gone through your problem and offer advice.

Today’s rant.....pancake day(home made blueberry pancakes)
Boy comes early( doing mom a favor and taking him 1 hour early), he sees pancakes and says I WANT CEREAL. Mom says Miss LostMyMarbles will get you some, go sit by your friend.
I said no I won’t, it’s pancake day! You can either eat pancakes or go do a puzzle and wait for the others to get done..... and the crying fit from this 4 year old started. So what does mom do, whips out the tablet! Yes, the very some kid with the broken tablet, which was finally replaced !!!
BTW, blueberry pancakes??? I'm there.

Parents just don't get it.
While I can empathize with a parent not wanting to leave their child during a screamfest, if they could only realize what this does in the long run. Especially at 4 yo. He needs to get it...now, because the fits will only last longer and get more demanding as he grows.

I wish *I* could turn back time and redo parenting with my own children because I learned so much more as a provider, being able to distance myself from the heart strings of issues like that one.
Blackcat31 06:47 AM 10-10-2019
I swear I am going to kill my husband.

He thought it would be a great idea to buy this rubber ducky blow up bath tub and let the toddlers have at it.

It is cute. It looks kind of like a boat...

The toddlers LOVE it! Like obsessed, "don't touch it, it's mine love".
All out war was declared sometime Tuesday afternoon. They break for snack and once in a while and nap time and sometimes they will get distracted...'Oh look a squirrel!!!" but then they are right back at it again.

So far my strategies are:
Rinse and repeat.
Thankfully it's Thursday.

I am secretly hoping it gets a hole in it.
Soon.

It looks like this

Unregistered 07:39 AM 10-10-2019

He thought it would be a great idea to buy this rubber ducky blow up bath tub and let the toddlers have at it.

All out war was declared sometime Tuesday afternoon. They break for snack and once in a while and nap time and sometimes they will get distracted...'Oh look a squirrel!!!" but then they are right back at it again.

• Ignoring.
  • Reminding.
  • Warning.
  • Loudly exhaling.
  • Removing.

Rinse and repeat.

Soon.

It looks like this

lol, my husband suggests items like that too. Then wonders why I sit there staring at the toy imagining how it will be played with, start twitching and say "Some toys no matter how awesome they are, don't work in group care."
Ariana 07:40 AM 10-10-2019
  • I got sick on vacation, lost one day to bedrest and am now taking two different meds.
You need a do over . Big huge internet hugs
Ariana 07:42 AM 10-10-2019

• Ignoring.
  • Reminding.
  • Warning.
  • Loudly exhaling.
  • Removing.

Rinse and repeat.

Soon.

It looks like this
We had this as our baby bathtub. Cute in theory but the thing stunk so much I threw it out! Lol.
Cat Herder 07:45 AM 10-10-2019
Bless your heart Hope you feel better soon!
Thank you <3 I am feeling better, DH is starting to come down with it, now.

We knew we were in trouble when the lady seated on the aisle of our row, for an 11-hour flight, was wearing a face mask and refused all meals and snacks.
Blackcat31 08:14 AM 10-10-2019

Like all "fun" vacations, this will make a good story once time has passed.

Hoping you and your DH feel better soon!
This is such an awful time to be sick.
Plus who wants to come back from vacation needing a vacation?

Sending lots of love and good wishes for good health your way!
Cat Herder 08:26 AM 10-10-2019

Like all "fun" vacations, this will make a good story once time has passed.

Hoping you and your DH feel better soon!
This is such an awful time to be sick.
Plus who wants to come back from vacation needing a vacation?

Sending lots of love and good wishes for good health your way!
Thank you!!

I love the rubber duckie!! I'd be so tempted to fill it with little rubber duckies. It would be the coolest ball pit, ever.
LostMyMarbles 08:44 AM 10-10-2019

• Ignoring.
  • Reminding.
  • Warning.
  • Loudly exhaling.
  • Removing.

Rinse and repeat.

Soon.

It looks like this
Head lines will read... wife kills hubby over rubber ducky lmao
Leigh 12:22 PM 10-10-2019

• Ignoring.
  • Reminding.
  • Warning.
  • Loudly exhaling.
  • Removing.

Rinse and repeat.

Soon.

It looks like this
Best of luck with your Baby Fight Club! I have had a few toys that I've had to give away because they were TOO loved. Causing bites and punches. Sad that it comes to that, but they're too young to reason with, so the toys have to go.
Cat Herder 06:33 AM 10-11-2019
I just zipped my hair into my hoodie. Please, just bring on the weekend, already.
Blackcat31 08:20 AM 10-15-2019
contact paper

need I say more?
Cat Herder 08:24 AM 10-15-2019
contact paper

need I say more?
Ugh. Yep. I will have to do that next week.
springv 08:38 AM 10-15-2019
We are short of teachers because one is student teaching and one (who is also the administrator) had surgery. The owner hired one girl and gave her a two week trial and during her trial, her real personality came out and she quit and we thought we had hires another girl but she texted the owner this morning and changed her mind at the last minute. We need people that will actually work and not complain and do their job
PB&J 09:04 AM 10-15-2019
we are short of teachers because one is student teaching and one (who is also the administrator) had surgery. The owner hired one girl and gave her a two week trial and during her trial, her real personality came out and she quit and we thought we had hires another girl but she texted the owner this morning and changed her mind at the last minute. We need people that will actually work and not complain and do their job
same!!!!!!!!
springv 10:15 AM 10-15-2019
Or decide they can only work x days or hours per day because they are in college
Unregistered 11:36 AM 10-15-2019
Dcm of 6 year old girl (I usually only have during summer) texts me at 9 am saying she kept dcg home to play hookie/have a girls day but then got an offer from a friend to go workout and asks if I can take her for the day (10-4). Why pull her from school for the day?!
Cat Herder 11:39 AM 10-15-2019
Dcm of 6 year old girl (I usually only have during summer) texts me at 9 am saying she kept dcg home to play hookie/have a girls day but then got an offer from a friend to go workout and asks if I can take her for the day (10-4). Why pull her from school for the day?!
I can't believe she admitted she would rather spend the day with friends than with her daughter. Bet she will whine and become a victim when her daughter prefers spending time with her friends than spending time with her later, too.
Unregistered 11:46 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by cat herder:
i can't believe she admitted she would rather spend the day with friends than with her daughter. Bet she will whine and become a victim when her daughter prefers spending time with her friends than spending time with her later, too.
exactly.
springv 07:56 PM 10-15-2019
One that's sad and two why did she allow her to miss a day if she knew she was going to be gone with her friends???
Josiegirl 02:35 AM 10-16-2019
I would've said uhuh. Way to dash a little girl's hopeful plans of a mommy/daughter special day. THIS type of thing shows you just how selfish some parents can be.
LysesKids 05:40 AM 10-16-2019
Or decide they can only work x days or hours per day because they are in college
I did have to work around my College classes decades ago... it's not as simple as some may think depending on the Major. I had to schedule one class totally not like my others & it made life hell to work around; Mandatory class that was only taught once every 4 semesters which made it crazier. Believe me, back in the day, we wanted to work lol. Since closing daycare last year & becoming an Elder caregiver, life has not gotten easier... the driving to work totally sucks some days (45-60 min each way) and I'm still changing diapers lol
Ac114 06:12 AM 10-16-2019
This is awful and just downright mean to do to your child. I cherish my mommy/child dates. I honestly don’t think I would have been nice in my response to that text.
Ariana 07:36 AM 10-16-2019
I would have ignored this text altogether. The audacity to even think this is ok
Leigh 11:58 AM 10-16-2019
Wow! First, I would assume that the child is actually sick-maybe sent home yesterday? Second, I would ask that mom HOW she manages to work out for SIX straight hours! Is she an Olympian?
BumbleBee 04:54 PM 10-16-2019
I know I'm blessed to have an emergency fund and to have one that I haven't had to touch in 3 years.

But I hate it when I have to use it. I really hate it when I have to use a big chunk of it all at once.

Vent/whine over.
284878 06:47 AM 10-21-2019
Not Day care but.. .

My car needs a new engine, so we decided to scrap it.

I found one I wanted to look at on fb. Dh messages the lady and asked if we could come see it. She responded she was available all day Saturday and asked for our number.

He calls us later and we agree on 11 the next day. He says he will call back with an address.

The next day at 10:20 we start to leave and I call him because I realized he hasn't called. She answers the phone and asks, which one are we.
(Note, she kept putting me on hold to check with him, while he was sleeping)
Me: 11 o'clock, can I have an address (as we are in the car heading towards them)
Her: he's sleeping and works 3rd, not sure why he schedule for so early. Can you come later? (I have DH stop driving)
Me: what time will he get up?
Her: 4, are you coming to look or buy?
Me: looking at the car, my son naps until 4, we couldn't get there until after that. Your message said you were available anytime today.
Her: you can't come until after your friend naps?
Me: not my friend, my son he is 16 months old. why can't you show us the car?
Her: cause I have kids
Me: so do we.
Her: let me ask, minute later, how about noon?
Me: no noon is to late,(lunch time) if you can't meet now then I guess we keep looking for a car.
Pause
Her: No
Me: okay good bye
About 4:30 they called back, I didn't answer.
Kimskiddos 08:42 AM 10-21-2019
I completely get it! We are looking for a new to us motorhome. Hubby has fallen for one and the guy selling it has given us the run around for a weeks now. We are suppose to go see it tomorrow after work (cross town in horrific rush hour traffic). We will see.
springv 03:29 PM 10-21-2019
Wonder if there giving you the run around about it because they either 1) didnt want to sell but posted anyway or 2) tried to scam youn the process
Josiegirl 02:52 AM 10-22-2019
Wonder if there giving you the run around about it because they either 1) didnt want to sell but posted anyway or 2) tried to scam youn the process
I think some people just like to control the situation, KWIM? Then they realize they might've goofed up and back pedal. I don't know if that's why these people did what they did but I've seen it soooo many times.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56  ... Last
Reply Up