Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Angeles 6 Seater....WWYD??
LaLa1923 07:34 AM 11-05-2013
I just purchased a 6 seat Angeles Bye Bye Buggy from Cl for $350!! Complete with canopies, seat covers, and two infant seats.

The problem is, it needs a new breaking system and seat belts. (It has the break that you must press in as you walk)

I could buy replacement pieces that would run me about $400.

or I could sell it at a higher price than what I paid, but without the infant seats, seat covers, and canopies.

I could then buy a new one for around $1100 with the fat wheels and the new breaking system.

WWYD?
KidGrind 08:21 AM 11-05-2013
I'd buy a new breaking system.

A lot of buyers would not buy it for over $350 without accessories and knowing it needs a new break system.

I would shell out several hundred more for a new one myself.
TwinKristi 08:44 AM 11-05-2013
I don't know... that's a tough one. I don't think I would buy a stroller for that price knowing I would have to repair it for more than I paid, even if it's worth almost twice that much new. Just seems like too much work for that much money. I've seen those for sale on Craiglist and other for sale pages but its just HUGE!! LOL
LaLa1923 09:11 AM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
I'd buy a new breaking system.

A lot of buyers would not buy it for over $350 without accessories and knowing it needs a new break system.

I would shell out several hundred more for a new one myself.
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
I don't know... that's a tough one. I don't think I would buy a stroller for that price knowing I would have to repair it for more than I paid, even if it's worth almost twice that much new. Just seems like too much work for that much money. I've seen those for sale on Craiglist and other for sale pages but its just HUGE!! LOL

I probably should have said I don't HAVE to change the breaks but I want to since it's the style you have to hold in to push it. I have small hands and it's hard for me...
nanglgrl 02:33 PM 11-05-2013
I have one of those strollers ($200 thanks to a daycare closing!) and would keep the hand break if I were you. Once you load up 6 kids it gets pretty heavy and I've had to use the break often for stopping on hills and when we come to an intersection that has an incline. The lady that used it before me used a bungee cord to keep the break down so she wouldn't have to press it and so I did at first but then I forgot one day and quickly became accustomed to holding it down with no problem (I have small hands too). As far as the seatbelts you may be able to call and get those free. I know mine came with an extra set.
MamaBearCanada 02:36 PM 11-05-2013
I would sell and get a new one. The CL one will cost you $750. A new one will cost $1100 minus the profit you can make on the CL one so maybe $900. The resale value long term when you no longer need a 6 seater will be better with one that is brand new now.

I would use the CL one til you sell it though.
nanglgrl 02:36 PM 11-05-2013
For the $200 mine didn't come with canopies or seat covers and only had 1 infant seat but it did come with the polls for the canopy so I'm going to make some someday. Someday.
MamaBearCanada 02:39 PM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I have one of those strollers ($200 thanks to a daycare closing!) and would keep the hand break if I were you. Once you load up 6 kids it gets pretty heavy and I've had to use the break often for stopping on hills and when we come to an intersection that has an incline. The lady that used it before me used a bungee cord to keep the break down so she wouldn't have to press it and so I did at first but then I forgot one day and quickly became accustomed to holding it down with no problem (I have small hands too). As far as the seatbelts you may be able to call and get those free. I know mine came with an extra set.
Just read this. I have never used these strollers so if the old break system is safer I would stick with the CL one. I was writing on the $ factor only. Nanglgrl has experience with them I don't.
LaLa1923 03:59 PM 11-05-2013
Thanks guys! I'm going to see what it's like for a while and then decide. I would also like the fat wheels and those are not available unless you buy the new break system. I think the fat wheels will making pushing this contraption a lot easier.

I just wanna win the lottery!! lol
Michelle 06:14 PM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
I probably should have said I don't HAVE to change the breaks but I want to since it's the style you have to hold in to push it. I have small hands and it's hard for me...
we have a quad and we hate that bar we have to hold down to just walk them so we tied it up and it works great!
Sunshine74 06:32 PM 11-05-2013
Duct tape also works wonders to keep the bar closed . We have a four seater and a six seater- both that we got on CL. Just a warning, not matter what you decide to do, when you have to change the straps it is a real pain in the... rump.
TwinKristi 08:16 PM 11-05-2013
I used a zip tie on my quad stroller's extra break bar and it works great. It has another push down wheel locking system as well.
How much would it be for just the seat belts? That may increase your resale value and you can keep the infant seats and whatever is an "accessory" you can use for the new one as well and sell it functional for $500 and only need $600 for the new one?
KidGrind 03:32 PM 11-08-2013
Thanks guys! I'm going to see what it's like for a while and then decide. I would also like the fat wheels and those are not available unless you buy the new break system. I think the fat wheels will making pushing this contraption a lot easier.

I just wanna win the lottery!! lol
I hope it works out whichever you decide!

I would like to win the lottery too.
Unregistered 07:25 PM 11-08-2013
If it is like the foundation quad stroller you can make an adjustment to the brake system. With a drill and someone handy you can reverse it so that when the handle is not squeezed the brakes are not on. Should you wish to use the hand brake you can pull down on the handle then.
Tags:stroller - 6 seat
Reply Up